Uno

Playing The Field of Love

I sighed, wiping the sweat off of my forehead with the back of my hand. The bright sun was beating down on the turf, making everything a million times hotter than usual it felt like. The green fake grass was brand new, didn't even have out of bound or ten yards lines on it yet. My cleats were able to grab the ground quicker, allowing me to turn quicker. I squatted down, surveying the row of people in front of me, I shouted out a couple commands to move certain players, before surveying it again. When satisfied, I turn my attention back to the front of me.

"Hut hut. HIKE!" I shout, and the brown football flies toward me. I catch it, and turn to my side. I lace my fingers on the white grips, while glancing down the field while making sure opponents aren't too close to me. I stand comfortably, happy with the amount of time I was allowed to have thanks to my linebackers. I spot an open receiver, and step forward throwing the football in his direction. I watch it fly towards him, and he stops to catch it. The defense of the other team comes in before he can though, and intercepts it. He runs a couple yards back towards me, before being tackled. I groan, clicking the turf with my cleat.

"GOD DAMN IT! Would it kill you to catch the damn ball just once!" I shout angrily, and turn to head to the locker rooms. My teammates look at me slightly frightened, and watch as I go. I take my helmet off on the way, and slam it on the ground. By the time I get to my locker, my anger is still boiling.

"Shouldn't you be happy your defense was able to intercept that? It's only a practice anyway." Onew said when he walked in the room. I ignored him, taking off my red practice jersey and old protective gear. I take off my new cleats, shoving them in the locker. I sigh, running my hands through my hair.

"He should have caught that, no exceptions. We're never going to win the championship against those idiotic Jets with cruddy catching like that. How hard is it to catch a ball god damn it!" I mumble frustrated. It was my final year to play football, and I was finally head quarterback of the Patriots, there was no way I was going to let anyone screw this up now. I shake out my hair, putting a cap on and grab my bag. I slam my locker closed, turning around and making my way out of the stadium. Onew stands there, shaking his head. He understood that sometimes I took things a little to seriously, but he didn't understand. I wanted to play professionally, he was just doing it for fun.

"Hey pipsqueak you guys done with the turf yet? We need it to practice so we can kick your asses again, just like last year." A voice said. I turned around to see Jonghyun and a couple of his friends staring at me with smirks on their faces. I growled, I wasn't in a good mood to begin with, and they weren't exactly helping. He was a player on the Giants team, and right now I did not want to see any of them.

"You can use it, when I allow you to use it. Now beat it you idiotic dinosaur." I stated. The looked at me and chuckled before walking right by me ignoring me. Jonghyun's shoulder smacked into mine before he walked by.

“What did I JUST SAY. Get the hell away from my turf!” I yelled, and grabbed his wrist to turn him around. He stopped, and didn’t hesitate to throw a fist at me. I duck, forcing him to fall forward practically. I go to throw my fist at him, before being pulled back.

“Stop it Key! STOP IT!” I hear Onew and Taemin shouting. Jonghyun’s friends hold him back, while he continues to shout at me.

“Quit it! They’re not worth it! Now come on!” Minho yelled, helping Onew and Taemin pulling me away. I pushed their arms down, and gave one last look at Jonghyun, before I rolled my eyes, before I continued walking foreword. This year was the year we were going to beat them. On the field, and off.

Soooo yea. This is my second ongoing fic on AFF. I write a lot of girlxgirl fics, so I figured, why not switch it up with some Jongkey? Maybe some 2min later on. Wheee.