Chapter 1 - A Young Child's Dream

Fan Girling (Drabbles )

A wish, a wish

A child's wish

To see him 

To be with him

A dream, a dream

A child's dream

To hug him

To sing to him

 

We were back to the same place we were yesterday, a memorable event in our lives as fans.  We all had our moments with Kim Hyun Joong in the HIgh 5 Event yesterday, and today, a few of our friends will have another moment with him.  And, we, who were not included in the event, will cheer for them, and we were happy for them. As if, we would be there with them, as well.

My friends, Lhai, Tin, Joane, Nerie, Little Iccy, Me-ann, and I were standing side by side against the barrier, waiting to see our friends get the chance to have their albums signed by Kim Hyunjoong, who had not arrived yet at the Trinoma Mall, located at Quezon City, Philippines.  Miz Blu was in a good position somewhere in the mall, near The Face Shop, where we left her, and Leader will be stopping by there first for a photo-up and standee signing, and stay only for a few minutes, before going to the main event, which was the album signing in the middle of the entertainment center.

The chairs were still empty, no one was allowed in yet. There were two sections, the seats for the VIP, the people who were given the chance to have their albums of Kim Hyunjoong signed by him, and, the seats for the fans, who were given a special pass for viewing the event. Each section had their own entrance for the event. There were green balloons on the fans section.  

Our friends had already fallen in line in the VIP section, waiting to be allowed in. They were Miz Ca, Miz Ca's daughter Jul, Miz Ca's son J-quin, Apol, Precy, and Lyn, also with our friend Mirz with them. Some of us came together to the event, we had our lunch first before heading to the mall.  We made sure we were full and had the stamina to wait, probably for hours. We planned to come early, for our friends to be early in line, and for us, who will not be able to participate to the event, to be able to take a good spot to watch the event.

There were people milling around the mall, it was still early for the event, but security was already hightened, there were the usual mall security personnel that can be picked among the crowd and because of the event, there were the added masculine security men in yellow shirt. They were the security in the Kyu Jong-Young Saeng event, some of them looked familiar. 

We were early enough that the organizers had not even used the big screen on the stage, it was blank, nothing was being viewed  or displayed for the event.  But, there were big pictures of Kim Hyun Joong hanging from the rafters right in the middle of the entertainment center. It can't be missed by people passing by, if they looked up.  There were even standees of him, in the entrances of the participants. Fans  who haven't already taken pictures with his standee took time to have pictures taken with it.  

Little Iccy went with Nerie and Joane, and walked around the mall, passing the time until the event. They bought her some food and drinks, while they took their walk.  A litte girl, who's also a fan of Kim Hyun Joong.  One of the Little Princesses of Triple S. 

We all had our own biases in SS501, and not everyone had Leader, another name for Hyun Joong, as their bias, but, were there to show their support for him. To show their love to the Leader of SS501, and by doing so, showing their love to the other members,  namely, Kyu Jong,  Hyun Joon, Young Saeng, and  Jung Min. The five men of our lives. 

To be in his presence, even from a distance, to see him in person. A fan, always dreamed, to see their bias. And, today, there were a few who would be seeing him close-up.  

The organizers started letting in the fans in the entertainment center, one by one people were trickling in, and were looking for their seats. In the VIP Section, I saw Mirz first with her camera, and then I saw Apol walked towards her seat. I did not notice the others at once, but I was craning my head to find them.  I knew, they would not be far, because they came together.  Miz Ca and her kids came to my view not long after, and then I recognized Precy and Lyn. 

We knew, our Little Princess Jul was very excited to see Leader, again. Miz Ca said Little Jul even practiced her song that she would sing to him. 

We had an impromtu song for her, that we sang to her, "I hugged Kim Hyun Joong, I hugged Kim Hyun Joong, I hugged Kim Hyun Joong," with our shoulders and arms moving up and down. And, she would make this beautiful wide grin with her eyes twinkling, in response to our banter. And, even laugh so sweetly. 

She had a moment with Leader yesterday, when her turn came in the line for the high 5, and when Leader saw her, she was all smile for him,  he was all smile back to her, they shook hands and when she gestured for a hug,  he bent down and gave her a hug and she was even allowed to kissed him. 

And, when we saw all this, our jaws dropped and we all gave whoops,  squeals, and laughs,and our fists were pumping in the air too, for the glee it brought to our hearts. Other fans who were there were shouting with us, being happy for our little girl. We were giving each other high five. Our Little Princess Jul was hugged and kissed by our Leader. A dream, a dream came true.  We joked with her about it, and sing to her, and she always smiled back so winsomely. Another song we had for her, "I kissed Kim Hyun Joong, I kissed Kim Hyun Joong, I kissed Kim Hyun Joong," which will garnered us a beautiful smile.

Even, our shy Prince J-quin had a moment with Leader yesterday,  Leader was smiling at him when he was approaching, and he shook hands with him and a shoulder bump. And again, when we saw it, we were whooping, squealing, laughing and pumping our hands in the air, again. We were happy for our little boy. He got his wish and dream, became true. 

After the event, when I asked him how he felt, with a shy smile but twinkling eyes, he shyly said, "I am happy, I got to shake hands with him, and like boys, we shared a bump on the shoulder." 

More people were coming, and slowly filling the seats. The big screen was now being used, and a commercial of Leader was being shown. 

 

After awhile, it was time to start the program for the event.  In one part, they had some contests for the fans, and in one of the contests, our Little Jul participated and sang Kiss Kiss,  in which she won a signed CD.  We were all clapping for her when we saw her get up to the stage,we watched her as the MC talked to her, and we clappled again when she sang the song. Our friend Tin had her video camera on, and was taking a video of the event. 

And, when Leader came, we were so ecstatic to see him, many stood up, many fans were clapping hands and shouting, many cameras were flashing to get his picture, and some where even video taping him.  He spoke for awhile, and not long after, the album signing would start. 

When, it was Little Jul's turn for her album to be signed, Leader smiled when he saw her, maybe even recognized her from yesterday,  and then bent down to sign the album, but Little Jul started singing Kiss Kiss in front of him with gestures of her hands like the dance, Leader took a peek at her and was smiling widely and continued to smile broadly while signing the album, and smiled broadly at her when he was through signing the CD.  And, when Little Jul gestured for a kiss, Leader half-stood-bent-forward,  and she gave him a kiss, while he held her in the cheek. The only one Leader kissed in that day of the event, that I noticed.

Again, we were watching the big screen,  and watched her gestures, and lips, because we could not hear her, and we watched Leader's reactions.  And,  we went wild when we saw his smile when she was singing, and the whole place went wild when they saw him half-stood-half-bent towards her across the table and when she kissed him.  Again, we were pumping our hands in the air, and squealing and laughing with joy and Lhai, who was standing right next to me, and I even shared a high 5. Tin, who was standing right next to Lhai, though wanted to do the same, was busy video taping the event.  My other friends were all busy watching the event and were standing a few distance from me. 

Miz Ca walked just behind Little Jul and J-quin was just behind her, though he was not able to shake hands with Leader, he was there and saw him in very close proximity.  Miz Ca, who had a broad smile on her face, was very happy and proud for her children, for being able to fulfill their dreams in such a young age.