Chapter 23

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The seven boys stood a couple blocks away from the designated meeting point, which happened to be a warehouse near the port. They had been waiting for this moment dreadfully, anxiously and excitedly as it would either end the mark of their time as Bang Shihyuk’s henchmen or it would end badly…. And they just stopped their imagination from wandering further than that.

“Are you ready?” Namjoon questioned. There were murmurs of agreement and their eyes hardened. “Then let’s go.”

Together, they began closing the distance to the warehouse. It was nearing 2 a.m and the streets were empty. The street lamps flickered overhead and cast long shadows behind them as they trekked down to the port. Several emotions flooded them including fear, anxiety, cautiousness, alertness, and excitement.

The warehouse appeared to be empty but they knew better. As soon as they were within a few meters from the warehouse, several bodyguards stepped out from the shadows with their weapons in hand. Taehyung analyzed the situation: three guards, two with metal bats and one with a knife.

“State your business,” the guard with the knife spit out.

The warehouse door opened and the ten men standing outside turned to see their new visitor.

“Let them through,” Hyunseung ordered, shoving his thumb to the side signaling for the guards to move. The guard grunted in disapproval and shot the seven boys a nasty glare before stepping aside.

The two other guards followed suit and Hyunseung smirked seeing that all the boys appeared. His eyes landed on Taehyung who nonchalantly stared back. “I only expected one but here I am, staring at seven. Couldn’t leave our lackeys behind, could you?” He taunted, snickering.

Jimin clenched his fist and inched his foot forward when Hoseok’s arm shot out in front of him. He looked at Jimin from his peripheral vision and shook his head slightly.

Not now, he mouthed. Jimin clenched his jaw but stood down. Hyunseung sneered at the boys before turning his back. “Follow me.”

The seven boys entered the warehouse after Hyunseung, wary and alert for any surprise intruders. They stiffened when Doojoon, Yoseob, Junhyung, Dongwoon and Kikwang appeared from the shadows.

“Seems like you’re not alone either. Can’t handle us alone?” Taehyung muttered. Hyunseung snorted and ignored the boy.

Taehyung eyed their enemies as they surrounded the boys in a loose circle. Doojoon and Hyunseung led the pack down the dim lit path of the warehouse, while Yoseob stood on the left, Junhyung on the right and Kikwang and Dongwoon in the back. Obviously Bang Shihyuk wasn’t taking any risks of Taehyung backing out if he sent out his outer guard to the boys.

Namjoon and Jin seemed to realize the same thing as they both grimaced and narrowed their eyes. They expected JB and his lackeys to be there but Doojoon and the others were unexpected in their plans. It didn’t matter too much as the seven boys were better at hand to hand combat but it would mean exerting more energy and tiring out faster. If Bang Shihyuk found them in a weakened state, it would be disadvantageous to the boys, who planned to end everything quickly and efficiently.

Doojoon pushed open a door at the back of the warehouse and beckoned them all in. Bang Shihyuk sat in a chair, eating his dinner as if nothing was happening around him. He paused with his fork in midair and gave a small, scary smile as he saw all the boys enter.

Namjoon nearly growled under his breath as he saw JB, Jr, Jackson, Yugyeom, Bambam, Youngjae and Mark hiding in the shadows of the room. They were outnumbered and these weren’t the typical lackeys Bang Shihyuk usually sent out. Fighting the outer and inner guard would be tough, he thought with a grim frown.

“Glad to see you’ve shown up,” he said before eyeing the six boys behind Taehyung. “But I see you haven’t come alone.”

A low rumble escaped Bang Shihyuk as he gave a throaty laugh. His eyes glinted dangerously and he stood slowly, walking around his table to meet Taehyung in the middle of the room. His inner guard shadowed his every move and kept close in case anything happened.

“Where’s the dealer?” Taehyung asked, not wasting any time.

“Oh, my boy…” Bang Shihyuk gave a hearty laugh, shaking his head lightly. “There is no dealer. There’s just your boys, my boys, you and me.” His smile disappeared instantly from his face and a menacing light filled his eyes.

Taehyung felt his blood run cold and he saw the other boys visibly stiffen. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“You fool,” the gang leader spat. “You think I didn’t know your little plot to betray me? You’d never agree to a drug deal and your little friends back there would never let you fall so deep. I saw your loyalty falter once because of Suzy and it’s happened once again with your new shiny toy, I see. You traitorous brat, I’m going to put an end to you once and for all. There’s no room for insurgence in my world.”

He beckoned his guards forward and in one swift move, chaos broke out. Bang Shihyuk quickly moved to the back of the room, viewing the scene with delight, while the boys quickly spread out and took on their opponents. Namjoon avoided a blow to the head from Hyunseung and spun around, kicking Yoseob behind the leg knocking him forward.

Jin and Jungkook fought back to back against Doojoon, Yugyeom, Bambam, Mark and Dongwoon. Jin wasn’t as physically fit as Jungkook but he was fast and agile, making him a tough opponent to hit. Jungkook was skillful as proven when he hooked his foot behind Mark’s and knocked him down in one blow. They might be outnumbered but their fighting skills were on a different level.

Jimin was one of the best fighters in their group and he sent a roundhouse kick to JB, who knocked back into Jr. Youngjae tried to come at him from behind but Hoseok quickly ran at him and knocked him to the floor, pinning him underneath and throwing a punch to his face.

Yoongi already knocked out Junhyung and was fighting equally against Kikwang when he saw Taehyung facing off against Jackson. In the back, Bang Shihyuk’s confident smile faltered as he saw his men falling one by one. He backed away and barked orders that were inaudible to the other boys.

Taehyung blocked a punch and kicked sharply towards Jackson’s shins. Jackson hissed but recovered quickly and punched Taehyung in the gut. Taehyung grunted and cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter