Chapter 14

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23 days.

It had been exactly 23 days since Jisoo had last seen Taehyung. Not that she was counting.

True to his word, he seemingly disappeared from her life. His room was always silent, which suggested that he’d moved out or moved in with one of the other boys for the time being. At first she’d bee hurt that he’d go to such extremes to keep stray of her but then as time passed, she was glad he wasn’t around. If she kept bumping into him, she knew her resolve would crumble and she’d be craving his touch.

It was best to just forget about him completely, she tried to convince herself.

If only her heart worked the same as her mind. She pretended she didn’t care but deep down she was worried sick. Another problem besides Taehyung and the drug deal was the fact that Sujin had texted her a few days.

The text had told her to call because an urgent situation had come up with Taecyeon but Jisoo ignored it completely. She couldn’t believe her “friend”, as she used the term loosely, had the audacity to try to speak to her again after their fallout last month. Also, the fact that she’d mentioned Taecyeon to Jisoo after defending him last time made her blood boil. He hadn’t bothered her or tried to contact her again after that one encounter in the club although she knew it was just a matter of time before he made his move again. In a fit of anger at the misfortunate events in her life, Jisoo had thrown her phone at the wall, shattering the screen and rendering it useless.

It made her feel good for a moment until she realized how expensive it would be to replace her damaged phone. She’d quit her job at Suga Monster the day after The Encounter, as she now labeled it. Yoongi and Namjoon didn’t seem surprised when she handed in her resignation letter, which indicated that they knew what happened between her and Taehyung.

For the past month, Jisoo had been struggling to find another job but to no avail. Her only source of income was the measly amount she earned at the convenience store. No one wanted to hire a young girl with barely any work experience. At this rate she’d be kicked out of her apartment by next month and she’d be homeless.

With that depressing thought in mind, Jisoo trudged out of the convenience store after her shift that night and walked to the park, not in the mood to go back to her room just yet. She sat on the swings and leaned her head against the metal holding the swings, rocking back and forth gently. Drowsiness overcame her and she didn’t even recall falling asleep until she felt someone shake her shoulder lightly.

Her eyes shot open and she stiffened, coming face to face with a surprised Jimin. Both of them remained silent, just staring at each other. He gave her a once over and she wished he didn’t have to see her in this pitiful state. She was losing weight as she had to cut back on food expenses to pay her bills and her sleep cycle consisted of a couple power naps and perhaps two or three hours of real sleep before getting up for work or going to out to find a new job.

“Hi, Kitty.” He broke the awkward silence.

She didn’t know why a sudden urge to cry and smile overcame her. The nickname sounded so endearing after not hearing it and it made it seem as if nothing had changed.

But things had changed and there was no turning back time.

When she cut off ties with Taehyung, she cut off ties with the rest of the boys. She hadn’t seen any of them since 23 days ago and seeing Jimin again made her realize how attached she had become to them and how much she missed them.

“Hi, Jimin,” she said softly.

He cracked a small smile. “You look like .”

Just like old times, she thought, nostalgia overcoming her. “At leas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter