Chapter 10

I Knew You Were Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before Jisoo could react, she was whipped around and pushed roughly against the wall, a hand enclosing around tightly. She struggled to breath and choked out, gasping for air. Fear overcame her as she came face to face with the man of her nightmares.

“Taecyeon oppa,” she gasped out.

Taecyeon’s eyes glinted and he tightened his grip around her neck. Her vision began to blur from lack of oxygen and she fought to remain conscious.

“Jisoo,” he said with a level voice.

He was eerily calm but she knew it was a façade. He was a ticking bomb waiting to explode. Her eyes lowered to his left hand and noticed he still had his engagement ring on. Jisoo grimaced at the sight and tried to pry his fingers off her neck.

They had been engaged for months but on their wedding day, she bailed. She should have felt guilty but all she felt was fear. She was scared that he would follow her and hurt her. The only place she could think of to escape to was downtown Seoul. Taecyeon was probably enraged on their wedding day when he realized she’d fled but she couldn’t marry him; not when he was an abusive alcoholic.

Taecyeon noticed her eyes flicker to the ring and he narrowed his eyes dangerously. “Do you remember our wedding day? Because I remember everything. The way you left me at the altar by myself and left without a word. Why’d you leave me? You know I love you,” he crooned into her ear.

Jisoo flinched and tried to turn her head but his grip on was too tight. “L-Let go,” she whispered, losing strength.

“You ,” he seethed. “How dare you leave me? You’ll regret it.”

He pressed against her and she coughed against his weight. Struggling to breath, Jisoo could feel herself slipping out of consciousness when suddenly he was pulled off of her. She crumpled to the ground, gasping for breath.

Jisoo could vaguely make out a concerned voice asking if she was alright. Once her vision cleared up, she could see Namjoon and Yoongi’s worried faces hovering above her. Over their shoulders, she saw Taecyeon sprawled on the ground, clutching his face.

Jungkook and Jimin grabbed Taehyung before he could throw another punch and tried to drag him away from Taecyeon, while Jin and Hoseok stood above Taecyeon to make sure he didn’t make a grab for Jisoo again.

“Taehyung, stop,” Jimin commanded.

“Get that bastard out of my sight,” Taehyung replied coldly through grit teeth. He was holding himself back, but barely. If Taecyeon so much as looked at Jiso the wrong way, he didn’t know if he’d be able to restrain himself.

Taecyeon glared maliciously at Taehyung. “This isn’t over,” he growled before picking himself up and disappearing out of the alleyway.

Namjoon and Yoongi tried to help Jisoo up but she shrunk away from their touch with petrified eyes. Before any of the boys could say anything, she pushed the door to the club open and made a dash for the bathroom, at least that way no one would be able to bother her. She needed a moment to collect her thoughts and just be alone.

She slammed the stall door open and fell to the ground, tears staining her cheeks. Thankfully no one else was in the bathroom to see her breakdown. Attempting to muffle the sobs, she brought her hand up to and cried. Hiccups mixed into her sobs and she felt like she was hyperventilating.

Voices outside the bathroom caught her attention and she tried to hide her loudening sobs.

“Let me in,” she could hear Taehyung snarl.

“She wants to be alone!” Jimin protested.

“Get out of my way before I make you,” Taehyung warned.

Jisoo heard a small scuffle happen before the bathroom door was roughly kicked open. Her eyes widened and her shoulders shook as her cries escaped her. Taehyung knocked on her stall door and she didn’t move from her spot.

“Troublesome, open the door,” he sighed.

She didn’t reply, shaking her head even though she knew he couldn’t see her.

“Troublesome…”

“Go away,” her voice trembled.

He stilled on the other side of the door before kicking the door roughly, causing it to swing open. Jisoo jumped backwards, her back sticking close to the wall. Taehyung was instantly enraged by her broken form. Her tear stained face enchanted him and he couldn’t look away.

Taehyung stepped forward towards her but Jisoo put her hands up, as if afraid that he was going to hit her. Taehyung quickly grabbed her hand and yanked her forward, causing her to stumble into his chest.

“Stop flinching. I’m not going to hurt you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter