Go out with me (but play with me too)

Go out with me (but play with me too)

Seokjin wakes up with the ring of his alarm, yawning and rubbing his eyes, slightly blinded by the light peeking from his window, it’s just another day and he needs to shower and get changed to what awaits him at the bakery - hopefully not someone burning one of his works again.

He unwillingly leaves the comfort of his bed, shoeing his slippers and walking slowly, running a hand through his hair and praying that his newspaper is already at the front door.

He unlocks and turns the doorknob, still high on sleep, eyes blinking slowly and cold wind hitting him straight on the face when he opens the door - it’s almost winter, he makes a mental note to bring his warmest coat with him to work.

But there’s no newspaper, instead, a box greets him, Seokjin tilts his head confused. He’s not remembered of buying anything online and if he did, the postman would’ve knocked on his door or left it at the neighbor, not at his doorstep.

His attention is brought back to the box when it moves, there’s something inside it and Seokjin hopes it’s nothing dangerous. Slowly, he opens the top and what he sees is not what he expected, he was thinking about some stupid mouses or butterflies that got stuck by some mean kid, but there are three small kittens looking at him and meowing and he doesn’t know what to do. The weather is cold and he’d rather not have dead or sick kittens in front of his house.

He take the box into his arms and closes the door, sitting on his couch and staring into the box.

The smaller kitten looks up, black fur with white patches, shivering and meowing sadly at him and Seokjin is not sure if he wants to touch it or cry. The one with brown and black fur attaches itself to the smaller one, like if it knows that his friend is not really happy while the orange mixed with white one is lying with his paws up.

“Oh no,” Seokjin exclaims and nears his face to the box, trying to take a better look at the smaller one that also looks the weakest. “I think you have a cold.”

Seokjin feels like facepalming for talking to a kitten but he’s getting worried, because the kitten doesn’t look happy or healthy at all.

“I think I should take you all to the vet,” Seokjin says and thinks that yes, he just assumed that he’s going to take care and raise all the kittens, but it’s not time to worry about it, he has a sick kitten with him and oh, his neighbor is a veterinarian - his hot neighbor -, he should go to his clinic, right now.

He gets hold of the box again and runs to his room, he’s not going out of the house wearing his pajamas. He places the box of kittens on his empty nightstand, grabbing a shirt and a pair of jeans, getting changed with the speed of light and running back to the living room with the kittens, catching his car keys and flying out of his house and driving directly to the clinic - calling out to his boss on the way, telling that he had a last minute emergency and that he can’t make it today. He’s lucky that he’s the best employee.

“Do you have an appointment?” the lady at the front desk asks Seokjin when he barges into the place, sweating and panting - also hoping that the kittens aren’t scared because of all the running he did after he parked the vehicle.

“No, sorry, this is an emergency, I think my kitten is sick,” Seokjin says more than just concerned, he had spend around an hour with the fluffy kittens and he’s already attached. “Is it possible for the doctor to check on them?”

“You should’ve taken better care of them,” the woman starts and Seokjin wants to cry because they’re wasting time.

“I found them at my doorstep, madam, I don’t think I could’ve prevented them from getting sick with such cold weather,” Seokjin starts and his words shut the lady up, she opens to say something but stops midway, taking the phone in hands and probably ‘calling’ the doctor.

“He said you can enter,” she says with an apologetically look and Seokjin nods his head, bowing slightly and firmly holding the box, walking up to the room and pushing the door open.

“Excuse me,” Seokjin peeks into the room and almost jumps on his tracks when he sees his neighbor slash veterinarian standing right beside the door, he’s relatively shorter than Seokjin himself, brunette and smooth hair, pale skin and pretty pink lips and looking good in his lab coat, Seokjin is not here to stare at him - Seokjin is not staring - but for the kittens, he shakes his head to get rid of all the non kitten related thoughts and goes back to his worried state.

“And what may I do to help you, Seokjin?” he asks and Seokjin shows him the box of kittens, absent minded, totally not staring at the way his neighbor's lips move.

“Yoongi- I mean, Doctor, I’ve found the poor baby cats in front of my door and I think that at least one of them is sick,” Seokjin tells him, full concern directed to the box and Yoongi looks at them, taking the box out of his hands and taking it with him to the metallic table at the corner.

“They look like they’re around two months old,” Yoongi says and takes them out, examining each one carefully and petting them with a smile. “The orange and the brown one look okay.”

Seokjin looks at both to see the orange one still rolling around and the brown one poking the black one with his paw.

“But the smaller looks pretty weak and sick, like you said,” Yoongi adds and takes the said kitten into his hands, low meaw of almost agony and Yoongi pouts at him, holding him closer and his little head. “I’d advise you to get them all vaccines and buy food on your way back home. I can take care of the first one right now.”

Seokjin nods and watches as Yoongi goes to the cabinet and takes out three sets of syringes and needles along with the medicine.

“Can you hold them one by one for me?” everything is ready and Seokjin does as asked, holding the fragile one first and looking away, he doesn’t like needles after all. Yoongi laughs and Seokjin looks back at him with an skeptical expression. “You don’t need to avert your eyes from it, you know, the first one is done.”

Without knowing what to say next, Seokjin just observes as the smaller kitten looks grumpy and lies down, the shivering stopped and Yoongi takes the orange kitten in hands, smiling and playing with its white little paws.

Since Seokjin is a scared cat and since the other kittens look calmer Yoongi doesn’t ask him to hold them too, instead he does his work rather quickly, the kittens look happy and the black one looks less sick.

“I think the only thing missing is the food,” Yoongi goes to his desk and takes two small packs out of his bag. “I carry ration around, oops.”

He takes a bowl from the same cabinet from before and rips the packs, pouring all the cat food into it and placing it on the table. The kittens run to the bowl - except for the poor black one, who walks slowly to reach the food - and eat while bumping on each other.

“Do they have names?” Yoongi asks Seokjin who was spacing out in his place. “Can we also get rid of this box?”

“As you wish,” Seokjin gestures with his hand and thinks that no, they don’t have names, do they?

“There’s a paper glued to the box,” Yoongi flips the box and takes the note out of it. “Hey Jin, my sister’s cat had kittens, I think you’ll like them, she already gave them names, the crazy orange one is Taehyung, the brown that keeps glued to the black one is Jeongguk and the quiet black one is Jimin, I don’t know why she’d give animals human names, but they like it so yeah, have fun. Namjoon.”

“God dammit,” Seokjin curses automatically and covers his mouth right after leaving the words escape, he doesn’t want to look rude in front of Yoongi or the cats. “Sorry, I mean, what does he have on his head? He’s lucky I’m not vindictive and that I do like kittens, or else he’d be dead.”

“Co-worker?” Yoongi kneads the box and kneels looking at the kittens, Taehyung playing with himself and Jeongguk snuggling himself to Jimin and purring.

“High school friend,” Seokjin replies and observes the kittens too. “He’s crazy but hey, how much do I own you?”

“Hmmm, you don’t need to pay me right now,” Yoongi gets up and smiles, tapping the knees of his jeans and fixing the sleeves of his coat, buttoning a button of it and coughing into his fist. “You can pay it by taking me out to dinner.”

Seokjin is still observing the kittens being cute when Yoongi shoots him the proposal, he straightens up and brushes his hair with his hand.

“Aren’t you smooth?” Seokjin replies with a shy smile, he can feel the tip of his ears feeling hot and his hands getting sweaty, the words caught him by surprise but he’s not going to show that they affected him and that now, he wants to run around a field of flowers. “I suppose I can do this for you.”

Yoongi looks pleased with his reply by the way his smile turns into a smirk and Seokjin wonders if he should just grab the kittens and run away or stay behind and see what will happen next.

He decides for the latter.

Even though Yoongi is shorter than Seokjin, he looks a lot more intimidating than he’s supposed to, pretty cheekbones and small eyes, boring holes to Seokjin’s too gentle heart with his aggressives yet kind words and everything is so confusing.

confusing confusing confusing, Seokjin repeats inside his head and doesn’t notice how close Yoongi is, only when a hand grabs him down by the arm is that he notices how close Yoongi’s face is from his.

“I can’t wait for our date,” he whispers into Seokjin’s ear and releases his grip. “Can it be tomorrow? I think you don’t have work.”

“I’m not gonna ask you how you know about this,” Yoongi grins and sticks out his tongue at him. “You’re so not professional right now.”

“Am I not allowed to flirt with my client?” the doctor pouts and yelps when the hand he was supporting at the table is bitten. “Why would you?”

The orange kitten looks up at him with pleading eyes, running around the table right after and tripping on his own paws.

“I think I should go now,” Seokjin says stifling his laughter and sending a small thumbs up to Taehyung. “You have other patients on the line and I still have to pass by the pet shop and buy some stuff, and plan the date.”

Seokjin grabs all the cats in his arms and bids goodbye to Yoongi, who’s left behind smiling into the room.





Listening to the woman’s words at the shop, Seokjin didn’t buy a ‘bed’ for the pets, only the ration, the litter and some toys.

Share your bed with them, said her and Seokjin had to agree that’s kinda cute and that he doesn’t mind waking up to kittens jumping on his bed - or on him.

“Now, you all can have fun while I’ll miserably search up some good restaurants, because yes, I do want to impress Yoongi and hopefully we can have something together,” Seokjin says while placing the kittens on the floor, he looked around for anything that can cause harm and since he found nothing, it’s reasonable to let them have fun around, as long as they don't pee on his carpet, but cats are on point with this kind of things.

I’m talking to kittens, he repeats to himself and shakes his head, trying to find his laptop and connect to his wifi, searching for a good place to eat and with a good price is not that hard.





On the next day, the doorbell rings at seven o’clock and Seokjin runs to get the door, still fumbling with his necktie and a few opened buttons of his shirt waiting to be buttoned, he wonders who it might be, he doesn’t remember about having any guests today, especially tonight.

“Yes?” he opens the door without looking up, fixing the knot of his tie and brushing his fring away from his face.

“Hey there,” the person says and leans against the doorframe, Seokjin recognizes the voice and chokes a little, he was supposed to be the one picking Yoongi up, not the opposite. “You look good, I brought my cat, he doesn’t like to be alone and he’s quite nice, your kittens might enjoy his company. If you don’t mind, of course.”

“Come in, let me close the door before they decide to jump out of the house,” Seokjin pulls Yoongi inside and the gush of air that comes with him smells like lavender and all sweet things.

“Take care of them, will you?” Yoongi whispers to his cat - fur with a pretty mix of orange, black and white - which meows and with the sound of another cat, the kittens appear from behind the couch and run to where the ‘fun’ is. “Heyy, kittens, this is Hoseok and he’s going to play with you while your handsome owner is away.”

Seokjin is still standing near the door, feeling dumb for being so dazed by the simple smell of cologne, he watches as the kittens run around the bigger cat and Yoongi smiles at them wholeheartedly.

“Are you ready?” Seokjin is asked and he snaps back to his senses, he’s only missing his shoes and jacket, telling Yoongi with his index finger that just a second, running to his bedroom and coming back with his wallet in hands, grabbing the car keys and crouching near the happy cats.

“We’ll be back later, there’s food on the bowl and water too, see you later,” he smiles at them getting along and Yoongi smiles and links arms with him.

“Now, shall we go to the awaited dinner,” he says to Seokjin and they both leave the house laughing, Seokjin blushing under the moonlight and Yoongi pointing out how cute he looks, making Seokjin blush a darker tone of red.





Jeongguk, stop rubbing yourself on me, Jimin hisses but ends up pressed harder against the cushion, brown fur tickling his nose and he can feel the purring from beside him, he rests his head back on his paws and ignores that his words weren’t heard.

Seok, seok, seok, seok, seok,, Taehyung repeats while rolling around the carpet, the cat stares at the kitten from his seating position and his whiskers twitch. Can we play something? Let’s play tag? I can hide and you can run after me.

But kitten, kitten, that’d he hide and seek, Hoseok replies and rolls around with him.

I don’t care, Taehyung says and stops rolling, he’s feeling dizzy after the full five minutes of fluffy fun on the red cotton carpet. I’m hungry.

I’m hungry too, Jeongguk whines from beside Jimin and pokes his friend awake. Can we go get the food?

I’m not hungry, Jimin complains, he was already asleep and having nice cat dreams.

But I am, Jeongguk repeats and shakes his small body. Please, please.

Ugh, Jimin says from beside him, leaving the comfort of the cushion, unwillingly getting on his paws, trying to ignore the growling of his stomach but failing. Now I’ hungry, thanks to you Jeongguk.

You’re welcome, the kitten jumps from his place and bumps against Jimin.

Jimin is still sleepy and a little bit grumpy - not forgetting the remains of the cold - and he’s also pretty hungry, even though he ate a lot earlier.

Jeongguk follows him to the kitchen, where their bowls can be found and quietly tries to catch Jimin’s tail that keeps bouncing from right to left to right to left.

Jeongguk, no, Jimin hisses and Jeongguk hides behind the wall, since they’re already at the kitchen. It hurts.

Sorry.

Just eat.

Okay.

So we can jump around and everything, Taehyung comes into the kitchen with Hoseok following him, they both attack the water bowl and Jeongguk observes them.

I’m done, Jimin says and walks up to the water, some of it and going back to his previous place, Jeongguk following his trail closely.

Let’s sleep then, Jeongguk says excitedly and jumps on the cushion they were previously.

Whatever, Jimin replies and lies back down, he plays hard ever since, but he can’t deny that he does enjoy Jeongguk’s company, especially since Taehyung is an air haired happy go like kitten.

Taehyung and Hoseok come back from their food and water hunt, playing again on the carpet and meowing at each other.





“Dinner was great,” Seokjin says when he stops the car back in front of their houses - Seokjin lives at one side and Yoongi lives at the other.

“Yes,” Yoongi agrees, unbuckling his seat belt and resting his back against the seat. “Especially because it was with you.”

“Oh,” Seokjin mutters under his breath, taking the key out of the ignition, trying to not let it fall, Yoongi’s words are always unexpected and they’re always catching him by surprise.

“Can I kiss you?” Yoongi asks without wavering, staring into Seokjin’s eyes and gripping the seat to turn his body to Seokjin.

“Oh, you’re wearing eyeliner,” says Seokjin, staring back into Yoongi’s eyes and trying not to show that now, he’s more than just nervous, they had a good time and he forgot about being self conscious and everything else that gives him weird feelings - like wanting to puke.

“Yes, I am,” Yoongi replies smiling, reaching out for Seokjin’s hand and waiting for him to not pull away. “Would you rather have me kissing you outside the car?”

Gulping and his dry lips, Seokjin opens his mouth and bites his bottom lip, nodding his head and whispering that yes, that’d be better.

They leave the car and Yoongi takes Seokjin’s hand into his, walking slowly to the front door of the latter’s house.

“I think it’s oka-” Seokjin cuts Yoongi’s words by slightly pushing him against his front door, the jittery look all over his eyes are different from his actions and Yoongi smiles at him, sticking out his tongue out of habit and getting a hold of the collar of Seokjin's white shirt, wrinkling it, but it's not like they care about it.

"That's what I'm talking about," Yoongi breathes out and kills the distance between their lips, Seokjin supporting his body with his hand on the wall and Yoongi resting his body on the door.

Yoongi likes to take the lead and Seokjin likes to follow his orders, letting him nibble on his bottom lip and break the simple lip locking, his way inside his mouth and Seokjin moans at the feeling of being dominated.

The hands that were at the collar of his shirt find their way to the back of his neck then between his soft brown hair and Seokjin kisses him back eagerly yet gently.

When they run out of oxygen they break the kiss, Yoongi with a pretty shade of pink on his cheeks and Seokjin on the verge of dying, catching his breath and bringing his hand to his chest.

“We should do that again in the future,” Yoongi says getting out of the way, Seokjin fishing for his keys inside his pocket and finding them in no time. “And by in the future, I mean like, in a few days, hours, maybe minutes or right now, I don’t know.”

Yoongi laughs at his own words and hugs Seokjin’s from behind while the latter pushes the door open.

He turns the light on and looks around, searching for the kittens and Yoongi’s fluffy cat, closing the door to stop the cold wind from entering his house.

“They’re sleeping,” Seokjin hears Yoongi saying and sitting on the couch, staring at the cushions lying around the carpet.

“You can spend the night, let’s not wake them up,” Seokjin offers and Yoongi turns to look at him with a mischievous grin playing on his lips. “Not like this.”

“I know,” he smiles, pearly white teeth showing and the melodic sound of his laugh ringing on Seokjin’s ears. “But can you like, sleep with me on the couch? On your bed would be a little too much to ask.”

“Just because my couch is the fluffiest ever,” Seokjin says and slumps next to Yoongi, observing the pets and getting a hold of Yoongi’s soft hand, the latter rests his head on his shoulder and closes his eyes, sighing contently and squeezing his hand.

“Can we set another date next week?” Yoongi asks Seokjin with his eyes still closed, hot breath reaching his neck and he shivers slightly.

“Absolutely.”