Winter: Once Upon A Letter

Four Seasons of Love

Of all worst case scenarios he could ever imagine. He, Kim Myungsoo the Ice Prince who have swooned many girls of Seoul Arts High School but never falls in love has declared his deepest darkest secret on his school radio broadcast by accident.

Will he be brave for all those anticipating questions from his school?

XOXOXO

The bell starts to ring as the clock struck at 11:30 in the morning as all students immediately stand up to have their break time.

Sungyeol stretches his arms along with a long yawn and places his head sideward in his desk.

“Math was really boring, right Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo on the other hand, keeps on checking inside his bag, pocket and even under his desk to search for something.

 “Something” that holds his deepest darkest secret that no one ever knows.

“Hey Myungsoo what are you doing?” Sunggyu raises his eyebrow while giving him a curious look.

Myungsoo stops for a second and take a glance on his leader. “I’m searching something.”

“Hyung! What is it? So I can help you.”  Sungjong merrily skip from behind while stop besides him.

“Uhm…It is a…”

Wait! I can’t tell him that I’ve lost my love letter.

For sure they will tease me to death.

But what if it was really lost and a person picked it up and blackmailed me or worse she reads it and rejects me.

And for the tomorrow’s news flash, Kim Myungsoo the Ice Prince of Seoul Arts High School has already melts his cold heart but gets busted by a school tomboy.

Yes, you read it right.

Mr. Ice Prince falls in love with the school tomboy of Seoul Arts High School. Son Naeun.

She was the captain of the women’s basketball team and wins many gold medals for high jump.

And lots of female students and half of Myungsoo’s fans club were head over heels with her.

Of all the females students, why her?

He made an irk face as he contemplates whether to say it or not.

“It was a…”

“A what, Hyung?”

“A….ballpen…Yup! I’ve lost my lucky ballpen.” He fakes a smile while Sungjong along with the Infinite members just give him a what-the-heck look.

“I think you’re getting older hyung, you forgot that you are holding your ballpen.” Sungjong while pointing the lucky ballpen on his hands.

“Ah, yes…clumsy me!” He nervously laughs as he scratches his head.

Nice Myungsoo, you are really brilliant indeed.

Just stay with your poker face and everything will be fine.

“Now you have your lucky ballpen, can we eat now? I’m totally hungry!”  Woohyun taps his grumbling stomach as they all laugh and go straight to the canteen.

After thirty minutes of falling in line and ordering their foods, they finally settle on their reserved seats and place their tray.

“Jung Eunji, is pretty isn’t she?” Hoya made a heavenly sigh as he stares at Eunji who were sitting ten meters away from him.

Dongwoon made a disagree look at Hoya. “I think Kota is way prettier!” 

“How about you Myungsoo? Who do you like?”  Dongwoon stares at him along with the other members who were anticipating with his answer.

“I think…” Before Myungsoo could speak, the speaker turns on revealing Shindong from the Broadcast Club speaking.

“Ehem…Ehem… Mic test… 1…2…3…Am I on?? Okay that’s great!”  Shindong cleared up his throat as he adjusted the mic in front of him and starts the broadcast.

“Anneyeong Haseyo!! Are you eating well? If you’re answer is yes then that’s good if no then I don’t care. Hahaha. To get you straight to the point my dear classmate. Someone gave me a love letter today.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widen as he heard the news. “I didn’t know that fat boy has a fan girl.”  While Myungsoo stops eating and stiffen his body.

“You guys are all wrong! The letter is not for me! Pabo! Well I wish it is for me. (Sighs) It is for a girl and surprisingly she was not an ordinary girl, she was the school captain of the women’s basketball team and popular not among boys but popular among girls. She was the school tomboy Miss I mean Mister Son Naeun.”

“Naeun-shi, if you are there at the canteen or in the school building, well please stay where you are and hear this beautiful love letter for you.”

On the other hand, Naeun who was practicing basketball inside the gymnasium stops what she was doing after she heard her name.

“Love letter? For me?” She made an innocent look as she dribbles the ball and throws a three points shot.

Shindong make a foolish smile while looking at the so-called love letter on his hand.

“I will read the story now. Okay? Ehem! Ehem!”

“It was winter already and everything seems to be cold just like my heart. But every time I saw you entering our class my heart was melting but sadly your chair was inches apart.”

“I keep questioning myself of what is this feeling. My heart was throbbing fast that it almost pops out my chest and might cause me a heart attack.”

“During our physical education class, we played dodge ball and you were part of my team. When I saw the opponent aiming at you, I know you didn’t notice but I used my body to protect you. And for the nth time my heart was throbbing fast again.”

“But there is one event that I would never forget; it was during the school tournament where our team practicing for the basketball game and I choose you to be my sparring partner although it was kind of awkward.  You questioned me that why did I choose you and I excused that we both are the captain so we should be practice more. But the truth is I wanted to spend time with you.”

“I fight with you fair and square during our sparring time but you know what? I really can’t focus at that time. Your skin touches my skin; your perfume brings me to heaven, your fierce eyes makes my knees melt. Hey I’m not a ert! It’s just that… maybe…I’m ert only for you.”

“I know you are a tomboy and many girls were swoon over your charms and want to be your girlfriend. Maybe I am an exception because I’m a boy who wants to be your boyfriend.”

“Don’t question me on when and how did it started. Because I don’t know. But one thing for sure I surely know. I’m crazily falling in love with you.”

“Naeun-shi, I have two tickets for the grand Ferris wheel near at school and there will have fireworks display at 8 p.m., Hope I will see you there. Whether you will come or not, I still wait for you and also your answer.”

“P.S. Please don’t rip this love letter it hurts my ego.”

Shindong let out a deep sigh for this romantic love letter. “Thank you for listening. To Mister Anonymous Love Letter Guy, if you wish to present yourself here at the studio please feel free to drop by and pick up your letter I will leave it here later but if you’re not appear, I’ll guess I will hunt you because I know your hand writing. Signing out! Yours truly Shindong!”

I know your hand writing. Shindong’s voice echoes inside Myungsoo’s head while he sat there feeling that his soul has been taken out from his body.

“Hey Myungsoo, the bell already rings. We’ll gonna be late.”  Sunggyu nudges the blank Myungsoo while he slowly nods his head and follows s who were going to their classroom.

Seconds turns to minutes and minutes turns to hours as he keep on staring blankly at the black board.

He can’t even focus on what the professor was teaching at them as his mind was floating on the broadcast earlier.

Myungsoo takes a glimpse on Naeun wanting to know her reaction but she just gives him I-don’t-give-a-damn-on-that- face.

He sulks on his chair until the bell rings again and the lesson was over. I need to get that letter before it spreads out.

“Hey Myungsoo wanna hang out later?” Sungyeol said while fixing his things.

“Sorry but I need to go.” Myungsoo hurriedly goes out to their classroom leaving the other members dumbfounded.

After a couple minutes of running through the hallway, with his breath catching up he faces the broadcasting studio and opens the door.

Tapes, Files and Cd’s were all over the studio but no letter found.

“Forget it…I don’t care whether the news will spread tomorrow. She didn’t even care anyways. At least she didn’t know that I was the one who wrote the letter. Stop dreaming Myungsoo.”

He goes out in the studio and heaves a sigh. “I’ll guess I’m riding the Ferris wheel alone.”

After fifteen minutes of walking, he enters the grand Ferris wheel with a sad expression on his eyes.

“Sir, is it okay for you to have company?”  The operator peeks his head inside the wheel while Myungsoo reluctantly say yes.

It’s better than being alone right?

The long, wavy hair goddess like woman who wears a pink coat smiles back at him as she enters the wheel and seat beside him.

They are both quiet and only their breathings can be heard until…

“It was winter already and everything seems to be cold just like my heart. But every time I saw you entering our class my heart was melting but sadly your chair was inches apart.” The girl said as Myungsoo’s eyes widen and immediately turns around from the familiar phase.

He stares at her with an angry expression on his face with his eyes landing on his love letter on her hand.

"Yah! Who are you? Why are you reading my love letter?" Myungsoo tries to snatch the letter on her hands but she immediately put the letter behind her.

And why did you have my letter and how did yo---“ 

He was cut off as the girl cups his face and kisses him on his lips.

“Don’t question me. Because one thing for sure I surely know. I’m crazily falling in love with you too. Captain Kim Myungsoo.” She said as their lips parted.

“And I’m not a tomboy and I used short wigs that’s why they thought I’m a---“

And now it was Naeun’s turn to be cut off by her sentence as Myungsoo’s lips landed on her soft lips and gave her a passionate long kiss.

XOXOXO

Do you like this season?

You like Myungeun?

Then post a comment or subscribe :)

Poster were made by me

Next Season: Spring (Her Smile)