Before You Go

Sweet Rain
BEFORE  YOU  GO

PROLOGUE

Love takes many forms. It is an infinite emotion that can never fully be contained. You cannot make yourself stop loving someone. You cannot choose who you fall in love with. You can love many people at the same time, but most of all, you can never stop reaching for it. —

"A quote from Ashley Young." I mumbled as I slammed the book shut and clasped my hands down while staring at the ceiling.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the silence that had enveloped the room. Unknowingly, I hummed a tune, the same tune that had been ringing inside my head for a couple of days now. A tune that made me so lost in my memories of you. Just One Day, by a popular idol group here in South Korea, is the title of the song I am humming.

"Can you please stay with me?" the words suddenly escaped my lips.

Flashes suddenly reflected through the window as my eyes fluttered open. My head abruptly turned to the source of the noise. Thunder. My lips instantly turned into a frown as the thought of raining came into thought. I hung my head low and sighed as I stared back at the book that I was reading awhile ago. I've always hated the rain. Thoughts of running through slippery pavement while searching for a place to hide from the wetness made shivers along my spine.

I hated being soaked in the rain. I hated the squeaky and squishy feeling whenever my soaked socks and shoes make when I take another step. I hated the coldness caressing my skin as icy-like wind blew across my face and limbs. I hated everything about it. Well... That was until you came.


FINALE

Tiny pearls strangely making rhythmical harmony as they are constantly tapping the glazed ceramic roof tile. I walk my way to the glass window blurred by rain droplets as I stare outside my room. Covered with dark-grey clouds, the sky seem to suffer from sorrow. Staring at it made the feelings I've buried and forgotten for so long to resurface. I close my eyes, shook my head and turn my gaze towards the busy street, focusing my attention to the engaging scene that seems to be a routine during rainy days. Few people are running around, seeking for a place to shelter from the sudden outburst from the sky. Cars honking as they got stuck in a traffic jam on the way to their wanted destination. Judging from the temperature gradually dropping each day, I can sense that winter is nearing. Due to the current cold weather, green leaves have started to wither, leaving most of the trees bare. Mists that have appeared blur the buildings downtown.

As my sight goes further, a couple had caught my attention. Compared to the usual couple I've seen, these two seem to be in a heated argument as the guy wearing a pair of faded blue jeans and a grey hoodie over his white shirt frantically comforts his girlfriend who seems to be crying hard. Maybe the guy cheated on her or probably he is terminally ill and his time is up, so the girl can only weep for his loved one, I thought. I looked at them intensely, waiting to see what's about to happen next. It turned out that I guessed wrong as the two kissed each other as they reconciled. And they seem happy? I involuntarily creased my brows as the scenery I'm gazing at did not made any sense to me. I squinted my eyes as I zoomed in on the object that the guy had pulled out from his pocket, and from the looks of it, it turned out that he wants her to be officially his. I blinked my eyes for a few times as it all made sense to me. Maybe the girl's boyfriend proposed to her, making her cry hard as she was can't contain the happiness and shock. Smiles can now be found on their faces as they hugged each other. Proposing in the rain, well now that's something you don't see everyday.

A smile grew faintly on my lips as I turned around and watch the clock slowly ticking. 4:47 pm... I sighed as I went over to my coat rack to get my hoodie and leather jacket. I turned the knob, made my way out of the house, and made sure that I have locked it before heading out to my favorite coffee shop. I put my hood over my head as I walked my way towards the bus stop. Since it wasn't raining hard anymore, I decided not to bring an umbrella. To be honest, I usually don't bring an umbrella since I find it a hassle to bring one and besides, I'll be spending most of my time in a coffee shop and if it'll rain again, I'll just call a cab to hurry home. Convenient, right?

It was a ten minute walk from my place to the bus stop. I sat down on one of the seats found in the waiting shed as I've patiently waited for the vehicle that'll take me to my destination.  I put on my earphones and listened to Bruno Mars' song 'It Will Rain'. I sighed as I've listened carefully to each word that the singer had sung as I sat there. Waiting patiently, I decided to hum along with the it, and for some reason, I was speechless. I tucked my palms inside my pocket as the chilly wind that blew into made me shivered while a small cloudy mist was puffed unconsciously from my lips.  Staring at the flower shop a few meters away from me, a smile has slowly plastered on my face as memories begin to reappear.

***

 "What am I doing here. Why am I still alive? God, what have I done to deserve all this?" a girl stated while walking lifelessly on a pavement.

She seemed troubled and restless as she constantly bumps from one person to another. Yells, cusses and angry remarks were thrown at her as she wasn't paying attention on where she was going. Dark circles can be seen forming around her eyes, a sign which shows that she hasn't gotten enough sleep for the past few days. Her lips quivering from the coldness as she wraps her arm around her petite body hoping to give even the slightest heat to it. She continued walking until she halted as she looked sideways across the street. She sees a flower shop. Although the lights were turned off and the signboard says "Closed For The Day", she still decided to make her way to it. She turned around and tried to cross the street despite her head feeling heavy and her eyes feeling hazy, not even able to comprehend and see that there was a speeding car running towards her direction. Blinding lights illuminated half her face as she closed her eyes waiting for her life to end just like that.

She waited for the strong impact to arrive but nothing of that matter had happened. Instead, she felt a cold pair of arms wrapped protectively around her. She opened her eyes as a pair of eyes gaze strongly at her and lips slightly parted as she hears soft uneven breath escape from them. It looks like the guy ran just in time to save her from being thrown across the street.

"Are you alright?" he said as he looked straight into her eyes, concern evident.

She furrowed her brow, not understanding why would a stranger save someone like her? Instead of thanking her saviour, he retorted, "Why did you save me? Why did you prevent me from getting hit by that car? It should have been better to not interfere with other people's business! Why'd you do that?! Did I ask you to save me?!"

"Well I'm sorry for being concerned for you. I didn't even expect a thank you from you, but getting scolded for saving one's life? That's just unbelievable." he sighed in defeat as he put his arms on his waist. A gesture showing that he had become frustrated of the current situation.

He scratched his head in frustration as he looked at her from head to toe. She was soaking wet and seems to be shivering from the cold. The rain had not yet subsided and both of them had been standing in front of the bus stop's waiting shed. Lucky for the guy, he had worn a hoodie which lessened him from getting totally soaked from the rain. Before the girl could react, he pulled her towards the shelter hoping to take cover.

She yanked her arms from his grip while glaring at him. She hated everything that had been going on in her life, but what she hated the most is when people take pity towards her situation. She wished for her life to end, so in that way, all of her pain would go away as well. Well, that was until this stranger ruined everything. As she was about to reprimand him for the second time, a warm leathered-jacket was placed around her making her looked towards the one who offered it.

"Look. I intend nothing but for your well being. If you'd like to die, then fine. Go ahead! Let your emotions get the best of you." He stared at her as he sighed for the second time. "I know you're probably having a hard time right now, judging from your current physical state and those evident dark circles and heavy eye bags. No offense, you still look pretty though despite your restless and haggard appearance. Nonetheless, you shouldn't ever think of ending your life. Who knows, there might be other people who really cares about you and would deeply be saddened if you're gone. What's worse is that there are people out there struggling to be alive; fighting against some unbearable pain just to see another day. And you? You're here wanting to die?! Can't you see how lucky you are to be alive?" He kept on staring at her as she became speechless on what he had said.

Before she could even utter a word, the stranger walked off leaving her only to look back on his retreating figure.   

***

Clutching my jacket as a gust of strong cold wind embraced my still shivering body, I looked up as the bus halted in front of the waiting shed. I hopped aboard and made my way to the last seats at the back. Making myself comfortable in my seat, I propped my arm on the windowsill. I smiled unconsciously as a silly thought run through my mind. You know those scenes in a drama series wherein you see the female protagonist sitting alone in a bus, some reminiscing about old memories while others immersing themselves in sorrow as they decide to leave the ones they love thinking that its best for the both them? Yes. That's what I was comparing myself to in my current situation. I brushed off the idea as I decided to looked outside the window.

Soul of Seoul. I watched the night view as I've remembered that the city is most beautiful at night. The streets are lined with carts selling various traditional Korean street food, but they’re also lined with Starbucks, McDonalds and Pizza Huts. There are traditional markets everywhere, but there are also those modern luxury malls that the youths love. It’s a mix of the super modern and the traditional, and similarly, a blend of old-fashioned conservative older Koreans and the modern, trendy younger generations.

My attention was torn off as the bus made a stop to drop off a passenger. I scan across the bus and noticed that half of the passenger's are gone. My music paused for awhile as a text message flash on my screen.

 

—I'll be late. Something suddenly came up, sorry.

 

"Great. A longer time for me to emote." I sarcastically mumbled under my breath.

I stare at the now misty window and started scribbling a name. A name that I long to call. A person whom I want to see again. Just one day, if I can hold your hands. Just one day, if I can be with you. All I ask is for one day.

 

Suga

***

 "Aish! Why'd it have to rain again?!"  she cursed as she hovered her arms hoping to shield herself from the rain.

She was getting into the blue when it started raining and it's rained the way it has never rained. Within a few minutes anyone was drenched to the skin. Lucky for her, the bus arrived just in time. Without hesitation, she immediately hopped aboard. Upon boarding the bus, she instantly frowned seeing as the bus is full packed. Good thing, there was still one empty seat left besides a pale guy.

Thinking that its better than not having any seat, she made her way towards him albeit her inner protest. She fixes herself up once seated properly next to the stranger. She looked at his direction and gazed at the sleeping figure. His head hung low as his cap and fringe covered some of his features. She squinted her eyes and moved a bit closer to him only to be taken aback. She gasped as she recognizes who the stranger was.

She stiffened as the figure beside her shuffled in his seat. Blinking his eyes, he hazily opened his eyes and looked up. As he was about to face her direction, she immediately turned towards the opposite direction; body half leaned forward while her head anxiously looking anywhere else but him. She could feel him quizzically staring at her, but she kept her firm pose. They stayed at that position for almost a minute until the guy decided to look at the scenery outside of the bus instead.

Heaving a sigh of relief, the girl went back to her previous comfortable position although this time, she was tense and had her head hung low preventing the stranger beside her from recognizing who she is. Not to mention, she kept on glancing sideways at the guy's direction once in a while.

"You know, I can sense you stealing glances at me." a voice, which she recognizes as his, suddenly broke the silence.

She kept still thinking that the guy would go back to ignoring her. Instead, the guy faced his attention towards her making her slightly jump onto her seat. She timidly looked towards him as he gazed intensely at her. If looks can kill, she'll probably be dead at that moment.

Thinking that she'll be the first one to break the awkwardness, "Hi" she randomly said at him. She swore she could've banged her head on the wall for saying such a word.

She didn't expect a reply from him as he just blinked his eyes at her probably thinking how random she is.

"Uhmmm... You probably don't recognize me. I'm..."

"The girl who wanted to be killed by that over-speeding car." he stated.

"Yeah I remember you."

Your face heated up, feeling embarrass of the remark. "About that. I'm terribly sorry. I wasn't thinking straight and... I just had the baddest day ever."

"It seemed like it. Don't worry, I didn't take it to heart although... Looking at you now, you're prettier than I remembered." a genuine smile plastered across his features showing off his gummy yet adorable smile.

Scratching her head from embarrassment and awkwardness, she hastily looked inside her bag. Remembering that she had brought his jacket from the last time, she pulled it out and handed it to him.

"Suga..." she started, making him looked at her direction.

"That's your name, right? It's written at the back of your varsity jacket."

He took his jacket and joked, "Ah. For a second there, I thought you're my stalker. Haha"

She frowned at the name he referred to her.

"I believe that it's only fair for me to know your name?" he stated as a matter of factly.

I extended my arm and looked amusingly at him, "HyeJin. Shin HyeJin."

He smirked and shook hands with me. "Yoongi."

"Huh?"

"It's actually Min Yoongi. Suga's the name that my friends usually call me."

 

Who would've known that that would be the start of a bittersweet memory.  

***

The bus finally made into a stop at Cafe'ra. I stood up, thanked the driver as I noticed that I'm the last passenger on and got off. Even after a 30-minute ride, the cold still lingered making me nuzzle at my warm clothing. The tiny bell on the corner of the coffee shop door rang as I entered, making the store workers glance and greet me in a sing-song manner.

"Welcome to Cafe'ra, ma'am. Table for two?" greeted a tall, lean and handsome young man in his early 20s.

"Ha Ha. Very funny Jin."

"C'mon HyeJin. Loosen up a bit and smile" he said while forming a seem-to-be happy smile on his face.

I cracked a smile making him frown at me.

"Ehhh. That's not smiling at all."

"I am smiling. See?" I pointed at my sarcastic face while he folded his arms in front of his chest. "You didn't say put a genuine smile, did you?"

He raised a brow at me, "Tsk. Sarcastic as ever." then led me to my seat.

"The usual order?"

"Yes please. And uhmmm. Please put extra sprinkles on it."

He noted my ordered and went back to the counter to prepare them. Jin is one of the baristas here in the cafe. He's a close friend of Suga. Hence, I got to know him in the process. After Jin left, I fished out my phone in my pocket and texted my friend.

 

I'm here at the cafe. Text me if you're near.

 

I sighed as I stare at my phone. I scan through it and made it into my photo gallery. I scroll down and stop at a particular picture, a picture of you. A picture that reminds me that you were real; that you were not merely a made up idea, but a beautiful memory.

***

 "Here you are." a voice interrupted her reading session making her look at his direction.

"Yoongi-ah" she happily greeted the pale guy in front of her.

"Is this for me?" he said while pointing at a glass of Caramel Macchiato.

She nodded as she placed her book on the table and stare at him. He took a sip of the Caramel Macchiato she ordered for him while she amusingly watched him change his facial expressions. Confusion was written all over his face. She chuckled. He looked at me. "What's so funny?" he raised a brow while looking at me. Shaking her head, she leaned over to wipe off a white-foamy substance on his upper lip. "You've got cream all over you."

"This tastes delicious. I thought it'd have a bitter taste since it's an expresso." he noted as he keep staring at his beverage.

"Well it's actually freshly steamed milk with vanilla-flavored syrup, marked 'with' espresso and finished with caramel sauce. So, you'll not really taste it's bitterness."

"You seem to know well about coffees"

She tilted her head. "Well... I love hanging out in different cafés since they bring peace to my mind. I could just breathe in and exclaim Serenity."

He smiled at her silly gestures as he took another sip from his drink. He looked briefly at the shops interior when he heard a 'click'. "Yah! Did you just take a photo of me?" She grinned. "Maybe?" He furrowed his brows as he tried to grab the phone from her. "Don't delete it."

"My face is not even clearly taken in this photo. What's so great about this?" he quizzically looked at her.

"Just don't delete it, will you?"

"Fine. If you'd like a photo of me, then can you at least take a decent one wherein I'm actually facing you?"

"Alright then. Gimme my phone back and I'll snap a photo of you."

"Here" he handed her her phone as he looked at her.

"Say cheese." she snapped a photo of him showing off his signature gummy smile while forming a cute peace sign on his eyes using his ring and pinky fingers. 

***

I took the last sip of my Caramel Macchiato and made my way towards the counter. It had been almost an hour, but my friend hasn't arrived yet. He's probably caught in some ordeal. AGAIN. When will he ever learn?

"Jin-oppa. If J-Hope-ie arrives, please tell him that I'll be at the 'private art gallery' upstairs."

Seeing that he's still got his hands full, I decided to go upstairs. I felt butterflies in my stomach as I climb a few flight of stairs leading to the upper floor. I switched on the light as the various paintings in the room came into view.

***

It was merely 9:31 in the morning, and the sky did not seem to be in good condition as dark-grey clouds had started to appear. I could sense that it’s about to rain. The view wasn't pleasant to her eyes at all, yet he invited her to go to the art museum.

Walking into Musée Shuim, HyeJin experienced something she have never experienced before. At first glance, it is the colors in the room that draws her attention most but after really looking around she noticed that the museum was filled with funerary arts. She frowned remembering that tomorrow's her parents' death anniversary.

"Yoongi-ah" she called to him making him stop in his tracks and face her. He looked at her. "Why are we here? Although this is an art museum, it's filled with funerary arts and I don't like it one bit."

He kept staring at her and smiled. "Give me your hand." She extend her arm as he reach out to it and handed an object.

"What's this?" she asked as he gave her an odd-looking necklace.

"It's a dream-catcher necklace. I've heard that you've often have bad dreams."

"How is this going to help anyway?" she asked as she examined the object upclose.

"Don't you know? Only good dreams would be allowed to filter through… Bad dreams would stay in the net, disappearing with the light of day. Good dreams would pass through and slide down the feathers to the sleeper." he stated.

"And who told you those?" she replied while quirking a brow.

"Konrad J. Kaweczynsk... And I made that, ya know." he proudly said. "Tomorrow's your parents death anniversary, right?" She looked at him surprised. She had never told him about her parents whereabouts, yet he knows. "How'd I know? Let's just say that I've known you for a long time." he smiled.

He took the necklace from you and placed it around her neck as she stared at him. "Thank you."

"It's nothing really. Actually... I ask you to come here with me because I'd you to know that you can come here whenever you're sad. I've always love this museum. Although it doesn't show off those abstract paintings nor amazing sculptures, it has this unique funerary arts. Most people probably don't like such things, but I do. You know, the pieces in this place somehow convey a celebration of life as it honors the deceased." he enthusiastically said.

She was utterly speechless at what he had said. Never in her life had a thought like his had ever came across her mind. She took a step and went over to one of the fine displays. "You love arts." He walked towards her direction only to stop an inch behind her. "Yes, I do. In fact, I'm an arts major and making portraits are my specialty."

"Show me." she told him as she spun around to face him.

"Eh?"

"Show me your world Yoongi-ah"

"I want to know you more." she said as he smiled sweetly at you.

***

I am standing in front of your most wonderful prized possession, your masterpiece, as I hold on to the necklace you've given me.

 

"You've told me that only good dreams would be allowed to filter through… That good dreams would pass through and slide down the feathers to the sleeper. Will you visit me in my dreams, Yoongi-ah?" I said as a tear fell down from my burning cheeks.

***

It was a fine Wednesday morning when he asked her to go by the Han River. "Why do you always call me at a random day?" she said as she sat up and looked down at him.

He inhaled deeply and opened his eyes to look back at her, his brow furrowed, a calculating look in his eye. "Dunno. I just felt like seeing you. Why? You don't miss me?" She blushed upon his question. Like her, he sat up and stared at her, making her shift his attention towards the river. "Why are you staring at me like that?" she asked.

His eyes wrinkled into a crescent-shaped forming his heart-fluttering and adorable eye smile. "How could I not? I appreciate the masterpiece that is you because your existence alone is art"

"Eh? Since when have you become cheesy?" she playfully hit his chest as another blush crept across her face. She had been blushing lately around him and it's quite embarrassing for her.

***

"Yoongi-ah, why didn't you tell me earlier?" I cried as another sob escaped my lips.

***

Rain was pouring down, yet again. Like usual, it was dark, and it was cold. The sky was a deep gray, the rain was falling hard and thick, making it impossible to see more than an arms length ahead. Everything was covered in water. Splashes were heard as a pair had been running through the rain hoping to take cover.

 

"Yah! Don't ever make me run like that ever again." she exclaimed.

"Why? Don't you find it fun and exciting running in the rain, HyeJin-ah?" he asked as he ruffled his dripping wet and messy hair.

"No. To be honest, I never liked the rain. You get wet. Your clothes would be soaked and most importantly you get stranded in particularly nowhere since public transportation often refuse to take you to your destination." she puffed her cheeks as she snuggles closer to him. "You don't hate the rain?"

He pursed his lips as if thinking too hard. "Nope. I came to love it." He gazed at my questioning eyes. "Because t'was the time I saved an angel."

 

The time stood still as two souls enjoyed each other's company while the rain continued to pour down. After an hour, the rain had finally subsided. He decided to walk her home and bid his farewell.

 

"Thank you for walking me home. Would you like to come in and have a cup of coffee before you head off?"

"Uhhh no need. It's best if I go now."

"Is that so? Well see you tomorrow then." she said. As she turned around to go inside, he called her name. "HyeJin-ah." She tilted her head to look at his uneasy expression. "Is something the matter?"

"We can't probably meet tomorrow. I mean... We probably can't meet ever again." he stated while looking sadly at her. She turned around, now completely facing him again. "What're you talking about?"

"I'm leaving."

"Huh? Wait. So sudden?! And where are you going? Can't you just stay?"

"I can't. Believe me when I say this." He held her hands and inhaled deeply while his brown orbs gazed piercingly at mine. "I would never want to leave you, but I have to."

 

He just stood there, holding her hand firmly while looking at her. Even though only a dim of light from the full moon had been illuminating them, she could still see the expression on his face. Full of angst and regret.

 

She felt something hot on my face that was not rain. She felt it fall down her cheek and she realized that it was a tear. "Then tell me where you're going? Why must you leave?"

"I'll be on a very long journey. I can't tell you exactly where, but you'll know eventually. All those memories we've shared... I'll always treasure them." He wiped away the tears that had been flowing endlessly down her cheeks. "Please stop crying."

"How could I when you're telling me that you'll leave?" She hiccuped as she covered her eyes hoping to stop the tears from flowing. He hugged her tight. "Even if I'm not beside you, I'll always stay be here." She stared at him as he pointed at her chest.

 

As he said this, he wiped away the last drop of tears away from her face. She suddenly realized what what happening. He was about to leave. About to bid his last farewell.

 

"No, don't go... Please."

 

He placed his finger on and gestured her to not cry again. He did not say another word.

 

"Don't leave me... Please, don't go..."

 

He smiled softly. As much as it hurts him to see her with a pained expression, he gave her a kiss on the forehead. She could've sworn that she felt tears from his eyes as she felt one dropping on her cheeks. Before she could tug on his sleeves as to beg him to not leave, he immediately faced the other direction and started walking.

She stood there. Frozen. Still not believing on what had just happened. With a last soft smile, he vanished. She could not see him anymore. The night was spent with heartaches and tears.

The warm rays of the sun poured down on her signaling that tomorrow has come. She curled further into a ball and tried opening her puffy eyes.

 

"Min Yoongi-ah~~~" she whispers to the air.

 

She looked at her clock. It says 6:00 am... Eight hours had passed since their last conversation. She couldn't contact him since she doesn't have his phone number as he mentioned to her that he doesn't own one. She closed her eyes and nuzzled onto her bear that somehow resembled him. A thought came across her mind.

She remembered him saying that he'd been living with his best friend since college. Thinking that she might be able to see him again, she instantly rose from her bed, not caring that she felt a slight pang on her head as dizziness hit her upon rising immediately from an uncomfortable position. She made her way to the bathroom and fixed herself up.

An hour passed and she had arrived at his place. She inhaled deeply. Gathering up her thoughts and guts, she raised her hand and knocked on the white-wooden door. After a minute, a male in his early 20s whom she assumed as Suga's buddy greeted you.

"You're probably Suga's best bud. I'm Shin HyeJin. Is Suga home?" she asked hoping that he'd say yes.  He stood there, his brow furrowed, a calculating look in his eye. "Yes I am. The name's Jung Hoseok. Suga has never been at home since three weeks ago. How do you know him? I haven't seen you with him." He exchanged a questioning look.

"He hasn't been at home? I thought he was since he told me that he's been living with you since he entered college." she stated with dismay.

He looked at her intently and slightly confused. "Told you? When did he tell you? How exactly did you know my pal." He folded his arms waiting for her answer. She became uneasy as the other kept his intense gaze at her. As he was about to ask her another question, he noticed a familiar object hanging around your neck. "Where'd you get that?" he pointed at your necklace.

"Ah this? Suga gave it to me three days ago. And I was hoping to see him coz I have so–"

"Three days ago?" He furrowed his brows further. "He'd been in the hospital since three weeks ago, how could you have that when he was lying on the hospital bed suffering from coma?"

"Huh? He was where?!"

"Wait... You're Shin HyeJin from the Photography department in Seoul Institute of the Arts, aren't you?"

"Yes I am... But what do you mean by he was in a coma since three weeks ago? That's impossible. I've been seeing him these past three weeks, it couldn't have been true. Please tell me that you're joking."

Seeing that the stern expression on his face had not disappeared, she gasped as she couldn't accept what he had told her. "Come inside... I think you need to see this. And I believe that this is what he wants too." Before she could protest, she was being dragged inside and towards a room that seemed to be an attic. She stood in the middle of the room as the other switched the light on only for her to see many belongings covered and seemed untouched.

"HyeJin-sshi. About Yoongi-ah..." She looked at him waiting for him to speak hoping that'll it would be good news. "He... He passed away last night."

"Hahaha... Okay. I don't know what's going on but that is not a very good thing to say. Where are we? In a soap opera drama? C'mon Hoseok-sshi I can handle a prank but this has gotten too far." She glared at him, irritation evident on her eyes.

"You think I'm joking? You don't know how I wish that everything's just a cruel joke, but its not." He looked back at her, fist trembling at his sides. "Last night, I don't know exactly what happened. He was just there. Sleeping. Like the usual, but what I didn't comprehend was that he cried. It has been three weeks since he was in that state, but never had he made any reaction 'til last night. After a minute or so, he stopped breathing. The machine that had been keeping him alive suddenly beeped making me alarmed. I panicked so I called the doctor. They tried reviving him, but... He was gone. He was gone just like that."

She stayed rooted on her place as memories of last night flashed inside her head. Yoongi cried, she thought. He cried because he knew it was the last time he'll ever be with his loved ones. She snapped out of her thoughts as Hoseok spoke yet again. "But... He was faintly smiling before the doctors moved his body to the morgue." She smiled bitterly as she remembered what he said to her last night. All those memories we've shared... I'll always treasure them.

 

She watched the other as he unraveled the covered objects. She stood there utterly shocked and speechless at the sight in front of her. They're all portraits of her. What caught her attention was a painting of her in Musée Shuim. She was smiling in the portrait beside the Musee Shuim’s prize piece, the fantastic funeral bier or sangyeo. It was painted with fine details that one could say that the artist had spent days to perfect it. Created in the shape of a house, the sangyeo was decorated with painted flowers, dragons, dokkaebi, hanging lanterns, decorative tassels and even shovels. Attached to the front and rear of the bier is a Yongsupan, or dragon-shaped board. Despite being painted beside a funerary art, the painting did not give off a bad vibe nor a sorrowful aura. Instead, it represented peace for her. She ran her fingers on the colorful canvass as a tear escaped her eyes.

 

"Yoongi-ah. I miss you already. Even if we've only met for a brief moment, I miss you. I miss you, you're the only one who made me smile again. You're the one who gave me hope to live anew, and I couldn't thank you enough. Yoongi-ah. Where are you?" 

***

"Hye-Jin? Are you crying?" I wiped my tears as I turned my head towards the direction of the voice's source.

"It's nothing Hoseokie." I looked at him. "Sorry I didn't notice your arrival. Did you send me a text?"

"Yeah I did. Jin-hyung told me you're here so I checked up on you. You know it had been three months since he passed away. He'll be sad if he sees you crying."

"I can't help it. I just miss him. I've lost my parents and now I've lost him. Both of you were my schoolmate, yet I never noticed him. I couldn't even remember that we had met before at school. Tell me how can I move on? Is there any way to unlove him?" I said looking at the portrait that I came to love. Yes. It's the portrait that had caught my attention the first time I went over at his place.

"You need not to unlove him. He'll forever be with you. Even though he's not physically beside you, he's spirit is watching over you. This necklace proves that everything was real. He was real. Your time with him did happen." He stood beside me as he stared at the portrait in front. "He truly loves you. Even in his death bed, you're the only one running in his mind."

I smiled bitterly and held my body. "Yoongi-ah. Wherever you are. Although I cannot see you, I know you're here somewhere. I wanted to tell you so many things. There were so many things I would want to ask you, but I guess now, it's too late. Maybe some things are meant not to be known. But I want you to know this. I love you. Loving you is like trying to touch the stars, I know I can never reach you, but I can't help but try. I love you Min Yoongi. I wasn't able to tell you this, and for that I truly regret it. I met you for a brief moment, but you showed me how beautiful life is. You brought back the colors in my life. You brought back my happiness. With you gone, that happiness was also taken, but seeing as you constantly thought of me for years unbeknownst to my knowledge, it brought me back the urge to continue living to find my worth. You may have gone, but you'll always be remembered. Thank you. Thank you for the happiness you've brought and thank you for making me believe again and for making me give life a second chance."

 

We stood there for two minutes as we stare contently at his works.

 

I felt a hand on my shoulders. I looked up only to meet a smiling face. "Feeling better?"

"Yes. Much much better. Thanks."

"Good. The boys are preparing something downstairs. Shall we go?"

"What about the customers?"

"It's almost closing time and the customers had long gone half an hour ago."

"Okay".

 

He held my hand and led me out of the room. I looked at the room for a brief moment, turn the lights off and closed the door.

 

HyeJin-ah. Thank you. I hope I can be with you for just one more day. I want to immerse myself in your warm eyes, but I guess I had run out of time. Even that time when the wind stays, it's not enough for me. I smile one more time and give my final greeting; I love you. Before I go, I hoped for you to hear these three sweet words. I love you."

 

If only we can be together...

 


NOTE

Well, dear readers~ I finally finished this one-shot. Sorry if there are any grammatical errors, this wasn't proofread hahahaha xDDD. It contains 6,697 words and I have no idea that it got longer than expected. You can read many prompts in this story, however, I only chose prompt #5 to highlights since that's what I really feel as of the moment. Anyway, this plot came into mind as I was rewatching JYJ's In Heaven and also was inspired by memories of my late grandfather. I wanted to tell him many things, but I guess it's too late now. Wherever he is, I hope he finds happiness and peace. I love you grandpa. AGAIN, I OWN NOTHING BUT THE STORYLINE ONLY. If you've read something similar to my story, then it's merely coincidence. Comments are very much appreciated. :D 


CREDITS

The poster and background were made by sleepybaek of SugaDooly Graphics & Reviews and the layout was premade by ` ✦ INSOMNIA ┊ a story layout shop.

MIN YOONGI
 

http://31.media.tumblr.com/52b96ef9d07ab13caca725a787ed1362/tumblr_moffi9knhI1s70o1po1_500.jpg

♦  

Arts Major 
21 years old

"Even that time when the wind stays, it's not enough for me. I smile one more time and give my final greeting; I love you."

SHIN HYEJIN
 

tumblr_n0xagegL871qd8mnqo2_500.png

♦  

Photography Major
21 years old

"You brought back the colors in my life. You brought back my happiness. Thank you for the happiness you've brought and thank you for making me believe again and for making me give life a second chance."

THE ART GALLERY

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=25178553

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/152/6/3/just_coloring_ulzzang_kim_shin_yeong_by_piibubble141-d67hszb.png

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/227/c/3/kim_shin_yeong_by_zingerek-d5b7kfv.jpg

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=23071506

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s491/sleepybaek/posters/sweetrain2_zpsc987ab72.png