1

Kwangchang Shot #1

Changsub doesn't really know what love is even though it's all he sings about. He just assumes it's similar to what he feels when listening to those soft ballads he uses for vocal practice. But collapsed on the couch on a Saturday night, head laying on Eunkwang's lap whose own head had fallen back to lean on the wall behind the sofa and hand stopped mid- through Changsub's hair because he had fallen fast asleep, he thinks maybe this is what love feels like. He can't bother to wonder why in their exhaustion they had ended up like this when everyone else was perfectly capable of making it to their beds or what implications come from falling in love with your best friend of six years. He doesn't need more worries on top of the ones about the company and the group's success and decides to just enjoy this blissful feeling as he falls into sleep.

-

The next morning, manager Jiyong is more than happy to find all the members awake and ready on their own.

"I need one of you to run ahead and pick this up at the store" Jiyong says, a short list in hand.

"I'll do it!" Changsub jumps up and says, grabbing the paper, slipping on his shoes, and walking out so quickly it takes everyone else a few moments to realize what just happened.

"That's odd," Jiyong starts slowly, afraid some balance in life has been disturbed. "I thought he'd be the most grumpy after the concert last night. He hasn't even had his coffee yet."

The actions seem perplexing to all of them, but they shrug it off, not knowing it's only the start of an odd week.

-

The members can't deny that as the week goes on that Changsub is acting far stranger than normal. At the start and end of each day he's usually in a bad mood, but now he's smiles all the time. Of course, this blessing could stop who knows when, so they continue bullying the leader into waking him up in the mornings. They love Changsub, but his death glare is scary. On the whole, they decide to just go along with it. Like Sungjae says, "When life gives you lemons, mind as well appreciate it, right?" Which makes Minhyuk smack him on the back of the head because "That's not how the saying goes" but agrees with him anyway.

-

By Friday morning it's all routine again, and Eunkwang is sent to wake the last sleeping member. As he approaches the bottom bunk at the far side of the room, Changsub rolls over in a seemingly sleepy haze, but when his eyes open and lock with Eunkwang's, he looks perfectly conscious. Slowly, he reaches his hands up to pull Eunkwang's already bent head closer and kisses him full on the lips. Shock rolls through Eunkwang's system and he's left stuttering when Changsub pulls away.

"Wha-um-I-" he stutters, but the younger simply hops out of bed chuckling. 

"I'll be ready in a moment," is all he says over his shoulder, already walking to the bathroom.

-

By practice the next week, the other members realize that Eunkwang also has been all smiles for the past few days. This isn't all rare for him, but this time he's unshakable, Hyunsik and Sungjae unable to startle him properly as they tend to enjoy doing to their easily spooked leader.

"What's got you two so happy?" Ilhoon eventually asks because it's been a week and he doesn't get it. "Whatever it is, it's catching."

Instead of answering, Changsub and Eunkwang look at each other and smile even more, causing Ilhoon to give up, mumbling "God, this is weird even for us" before standing to warm up for dance practice.