First meeting

Timeless Love

Go Ara took a deep breath before she entered her new school. It was her first day of tertiary school and she was exceptionally nervous today. She did not attend the orientation programme because of her fear of trusting and meeting people. With her head hanging low, she tried to avoid any eye contact with other students who were walking towards the school.

Ara entered her class and was met with unfamiliar faces. She walked past her new classmates and sat on the table furthest from her classmates. A group of girls told her not to sit alone and to sit with them. Ara sat with them. She appreciated how the girls welcome her to the class. Her other classmates look at her curiously. The class seems close as they already bonded during the orientation programme. Ara can only regret for not coming to the orientation programme. She is worried that she is not able to fit in with the rest.

First period was physical education or PE. Ara gets to know some of her classmates during the lesson. Well, most of them shared the same thoughts as Ara – PE . After PE was break, her classmates ask her to come along to the cafeteria. Ara agreed. She was like a lost puppy – not knowing what to do or where to go. While she was waiting for her classmates, one of her guy classmates approached her.

“Hello! I am Lee Yi Kyung!” he told her.

Ara smiled and replied shyly, “Hi…. I am Go Ara”.

“Can I have your number?” Yi Kyung asked while pointing out to his phone.

Ara thought that he probably wants her number for school purposes and gave it to him. (and yes, she was added to the class’ Whatsapp group)

Ara and Yi Kyung got close together easily within one day. They shared the same interest and became close friends. The smart Yi Kyung taught her the Maths question she did not understand. Ara could only feel thankful that she now has a close friend in school.