001.

About random thoughts (and sharp jawlines).

Myungsoo didn't belong to this universe.

 

He was definetely, one hundred percent sure about that and had the facts to prove himself right, of course. The student got his majors in medicine not for nothing - even thought he'd never, ever know how he got the scholarship. Those lonely nights shared with tons of "Americano" coffee could be a hint of the reason, but Lee Sungyeol couldn't really believe when he saw his own name on top of the list. Woohyun spend three nights paying his drinks and saying that he wasn't dreaming, so at the third day he choose to simply believe him because he couldn't survive trough another hungover. There was thousands of brilliant students around the country wanting some opportunity like this one but the ridiculous tall and skinny korean boy got the chance. Taking some karate classes never seemed so important like nowadays.

But, back on track: his neighbor slash bestfriend slash possibly crush (Myungsoo) is a creepy. A cute creepy kitty, actually.

He'd squeeze his arms in each other like a cat rubbing itself when it's cold (the weather was not giving a brief time for the sun, which means kitty-soo probably was having such a hard time). And like a cat, he was addicted into candies-everything; actually he nevew knew if cats loved candy but what is truth on his mind happens to be truth to the whole world, it's just how the Earth works, so whatever. Myungsoo always got some lollipop, or bubble gum flavor something with him. His lips must be tasty, like cotton candy, that was Sungyeol thought before shaking fiercely his head and getting the thought away from him. One does not simply think about your friend's lips. 

Myungie-kitty was the type of person who'd cuddle himself to death on the couch just because he felt like doing it, like a real cat, one who likes to keep his own tail while laying around anywhere doing absolutely nothing. And if he's allowed to keep going, Sungyeol felt like talking about the stare, that glaring of death with silver lasers because that was no way in heaven to someone stare like... Like that. It's like being forced against a zero-gravity zone, the ultimate refuge of the angels; or the first asylum to Sungyeol's demons, who knows. Myungsoo uses to put himself in this peculiar act, like his whole body and bones and soul depends on it - and it makes Sungyeol shiver in the most pleasant possible way. Not that he'll tell the boy someday, nope. Never. Would be must likely to the machines conqueers the world over the medicine student saying a about what he thinks about the photographer.

Not that he thinks about the boy this much, nope. No way. Because thinking about someone 24/7 is such a completely normal thing to do, it's like think about God, right? Not that Myungsoo is God, no, no, no, he's too weak for being God. Actually he's not, because rumor has it that the korean got the second dan in taekwondo but that's not all the God's strenght and Sungyeol refuses to believe it because he can't live in a world where God's only power is to break some pieces of wood and look so stupidly hot wearing a kimono. (But maybe in an alternative world, Myungsoo could be a son of Aphrodite and it would explain a lot of things.) Plus: he doesn't even know if he believes in God. But he believes in Myungsoo, he believes everytime a word skips his mouth, because they are best friends and probably something more. In fact, it's such an awkward thing to give themselves stereotypes because yes, they're good friends. But he got Woohyun first, and Woohyun likes to say that they're the best bestest friends, which Sungyeol says it's ridiculous but is thankful anyway. So he's not always sure where him and Myungsoo stands.

Therefore, Myungsoo could be... The God of Kittens. King of Kittyland, the almighty Myungie-kitty-soo. 

Forget that, maybe he's just an alien. A flawless one, but still. It's against the law to dream about hot aliens and their sharp jawlines?

Well, but that's not what makes his neighbor a creep. Because you can look like a cat, walk like an alien, and even drink milk like both of them and not being strange. What makes him different is the way he's always... There. The way he always know. The way he can touch Sungyeol everytime the older is feeling down and in so much need of some contact, some innocent and comforting excuse for himself to be fragile. The later never allowed himself to be weak, to his loneliness takes hiw down with everything; but the fact that he did not allowed himself to feel sorry for himself never forbidden him to feel some part missing at night. Something is missing everytime he kisses someone at a bar and waves goodbye with hands free and heart tightening. Because he's not enough to someone and will never be, but somehow... With the creepy neighbor (and bestfriend) of him, it feels right. Feels like he belongs to something, to some company, even to someone.

But again, he's not enough. He is just skin and bones and cheeks and funny limbs. Just jokes and loud voice; just eletricity flowing a disconjunted body with everything to gain and nothing to lose. But his creepy, delicate, sensible friend... (Best friend, he told himself again). Myungsoo meant the world to him, to his bored days, to his rainy, cloudy and sunny days. That creepy -addicted-awkward-human-being was like his refuge. Maybe he'd pack his things and move to Kittyland someday. Maybe he should just let Myungsoo hugs him like he always seems to want even thought the later respect Sungyeols limits to skinship. Maybe... Maybe it's a funny word, because we're putting everything unknown in a package and giving random shots about what the future is like. Maybe is a funny word, just as Myungsoo is a funny, creepy, cute kitten.

So maybe... Just maybe, he should open his heart a little more.

But that's something for later.