Chapter 1

My Dates

Two years went by like a wind. Siwon and I were done. We went our seperate ways two years ago. He moved on already. While I? Well, you see, my 8 members, Girls' Generation, set me up with different men. Yes, you heard it right, 8 members. That includes the maknae, Seo Joohyun. The silent Seohyun set me up on a date with the help of the older members. Unfortunately, even Seohyun's bet didn't succeed in making me fall in love again.

Currently, I'm in a park with Kyuhyun, my best friend and distant cousin, eating ice cream.

"Hey, Soo, how were your dates?" he casually asked me.

"Oh, come on, Kyu, you know how terrible they've become." I said. He just chuckled.

"I wasn't there to witness your 'terrible dates', Miss Choi." he rolled his eyes. I sighed, thinking that those 'terrible dates' were set up by the rest of SNSD.

"How come they always had a guy for me every week? Don't they get tired from being 'the matchmaker'? How can they do that when, along the process, we have our hectic schedule? They just don't know my standards." I complained.

"Come on. Tell me. It ain't that bad." he laughed.

"Well easy for you to say Cho!" I glared at him."Last week of last month, I dated a serious guy. He's definitely no fun to be with! Two weeks ago, I met and dined with geek guy who talked about geometry and the solar system the whole time. Who is he? Einstein? Who am I? Galileo? The week before last week, I had a muscular guy, which is for me, very intimidating. With his tattoo all over his body, it makes me wanna puke. He's also disgusting. He's disgusting. He doesn't know fine dining. And last week, was horrible. A guy who's completely clueless. He kept asking me what we were doing. He asked me what's a date. He asked me what should he order. He asked me who will pay the bill. He even asked me if he has any allergies. If he's trying to be funny, well he failed because I was completely pissed. God, am I his mother? Who will be the 'mysterious guy' this week?" I threw my hands in frustration.

"I wish I was one of your dates." Kyuhyun whispered but I completely heard it.

"Are you kidding me, Cho? You are my COUSIN." I emphasized on 'cousin'.

"Yeah we are. DISTANT that is to be exact." he said as he stood up.

"Come, let's get you home but first let me do this..." he put a blindfold on me.

"Yah, where are we going?" I asked him. 'This is seriously not my way to my dorm.' I thought because I'm walking on grass when it's supposed to be cement.

+++

Ten minutes passed and we came to a halt. He released the blindfold. In front of us was a candle-lit-table-for-two, a guy playing a romantic piece on violin and some rose petals scattered on the ground.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"Who I am meeting this time?" I asked him back with a bored tone.

"Isn't it obvious?" he raised his left brow.

"You mean I'm dining with that guy?" I pointed to the guy playing the violin. Kyuhyun faced palm. Seriously, I don't know who it is!

"Me, silly." he smiled as he pinched my cheeks. I blushed in an instant.

"But we're cousins." I protested.

"DISTANT, Soo. DISTANT." he winked.

"Whatever. I'm hungry." I shrugged and dragged him. Being the gentleman he is, he pulled a chair and motioned me to sit down. We ate and talked for the while. At one point, we share jokes, even lame and corny ones. At some time, we argue about small things. But I have to admit, I'm having a good time with him.

I didn't even notice that we're done eating when he stood up and went to my place.

"May I have this dance?" he asked as he extended his hand. I put my hand on his which, as cliche as it sounds, perfectly fits.

"You know, I wish I'd date someone like you." I told him as put my head on his chest inhaling his addictive chocolate scent.

"Well, we ate together. Just the two of us. A guy playing some romantic piece. And some rose petals. Don't you think this is a date?" he looked at me. Just then, realization struck me. It is true that we're having a date. I could feel my cheeks burning red so I hid my face on his chest. And we continued dancing, swaying to the violin music.

"Hey, Soo.."

"Hmm?"

"Would you give me a chance to date you?" his question took me by surprise. I looked up at him. I smiled. I hoped he get the message that I gave him a chance.

"Would you also like the idea of me courting you?" he asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Then, would you be my girlfriend?"

I was shocked but I knew this guy would never hurt me. If he would, he knows the consequence.

"In every language I've learned to speak." I smiled.

What surprised me was when he pulled me closer and kissed me. A passionate one.

That time I realized, all along, my distant cousin would be my date that would lead me into falling in love again.