00

Name

                Lu Han watches as his mother packs his lunch. It’s his first day in elementary school and he thinks his mother is more excited than he is. Everything is prepared, from his new school bag to his pristine uniform. Lu Han doesn’t see what the fuss was about. It’s not like his parents would accompany him to his new school. He’ probably be handed over to an old lady that will take him to school and to whatever after school activities he has.

 

                “Why is my little Hannie frowning so early in the morning?” Lu Han shoves his Mother’s hand off his face, his frown getting deeper. “Mom and Dad will see you after school, for now your Min Seok-noona will get you to your classes. She’ll also accompany you to your soccer practice.”

 

                Lu Han doesn’t look at his parents. He knew this was coming, so he diligently eats his breakfast and wait for whoever it is that would take him around. The last nanny he has was a teenage girl who barely looks at him and always forgets things. Making him wait after school, most of the time his teacher would be the one to call his parents to get him at daycare because he was forgotten again. He wishes this one is not as bad but he always have doubts of the people that his parents hire.

 

                The doorbell rings and his mother eagerly opens the door. A girl with shoulder length hair and a full two or three inch shorter than his mom, greets him with a smile. His mom greets the girl amiably and gives her Lu Han’s schedule.

 

                Lu Han jumps from his seat and trudges towards the front door where his mom and his new nanny are having a discussion. He readies his most disagreeable face, he thinks this girl would be the same as the last. But as he looks up, he was met with almond shaped eyes and a gummy smile.

 

                “Xiu Min!” Lu Han exclaimed.

 

                “Xiu Min?” the girl’s smile grew wide. “I’m a bit hurt, calling me by a different person’s name. My name is Min Seok... It’s nice to finally meet you Lu Hannie…”

 

                Lu Han continues to stare at the familiar face. The name just came out of his mouth before he can even process it. He swears he has seen this person before.  “He must be talking about one pf his playmates when we were still in Beijing. Lu Han-ah, address your Min Seok-noona properly…”

 

                “I guess we need to go now, Mrs. Lu… I’ll message you as soon as we arrive at Lu Han’s school.” Min Seok-noona offers her hand for Lu Han to hold. “C’mon Lu Hannie, you don’t want to be late on your first day of school, right?”

 

                Lu Han nod his head and took the pre-offered hand. He waved goodbye to his Mom and followed his new babysitter out of their house gate. The whole way to the Primary School Lu Han keeps looking at the girl he was holding hands with, thinking why this person never recognized him back. He was sure they’ve met somewhere before. In a past life perhaps, he wants to voice it out. But wouldn’t it be odd for a seven year old to be talking about past lives?

 

                Min Seok-noona must’ve noticed Lu Han staring because she asked Lu Han if there was anything bothering him. Lu Han keeps his mouth shut but continued staring at his nanny with a determined look on his face. He stopped walking and since Min Seok is holding his hand, she was forced to stop walking as well.

 

                Min Seok crouches in front of Lu Han, the gentle smile never leaving her face. “Is there something you want to tell noona, Hannie?”

 

                “I’ll make you remember…” The seven year old’s stare is a bit unnerving. Min Seok feels like she’s looking into the eyes of an adult. The first time she saw the child, she felt like she’s going to be babysitting someone the same age as her or older. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the boy looks, but his demeanor is not that of a seven year old. “Xiu Min…”

 

                Before Min Seok could protest or question the name that the child has been calling her, Lu Han has shut her up with a kiss.

 

~o~

 

                Lu Han knows that he’s an odd child. He feels like he has a set of memories meant for another person. A life that replays in his sleep, a life he thinks he is currently living and not living at the same time. That feeling where you think you were born in the wrong time. Something in him is searching for a certain person, but the current him is either too young or too clueless to find out who it is.

 

                His school friends have stated how weird he was, and the last nanny that he has told about this to thinks he might be going crazy. A child psychiatrist thinks he’s special. Lu Han gets it that he’s different from the other kids at daycare when he gets bored of playing games with them and would just prefer to be alone most of the time. He wanted to tell someone about the dreams, but no one would understand. If he tells the adults about it, they’d think it’s just a silly child’s overactive imagination. Sometimes he thinks it’s true, that maybe he is going crazy.

 

                That was not until he met Kim Min Seok that everything made sense. That he felt the dreams weren’t just dreams.

               

 

               


a/n: /face desk/ no more random vomits from me. i at these things.