First and last chapter :)

Valentine's Day Woes

         Watching the numerous couples walk through the park, tears brimmed in my eyes and rolled down my face. Recalling what had just happened a few hours ago, I silently sighed.
          
          If I had to use only one word to describe me and kris, it would be loyal. Whenever one of us was spotted with a stranger of the opposite gender, the other would get jealous. We would then have small childish fights about it. Most of the time, he would be the one apologising. But honestly, I couldn't blame him for all the attention he attracted. Not only was he handsome, he was smart and has the social status too. Kris was a young and successful CEO. At the age of 18, he had started working in his father's company as an office boy. He had worked tireless on weekends, doing tasks such as addressing and sealing letters that were for the company's shareholders and patrons. On weekdays, he salvaged whatever time he got and studies hard, knowing full well that his finals were coming. Of course, this meant that we had lesser time for dates, but we dealt with it by constantly texting each other.

          At the end of the year, not only did Kris graduate with flying colours, he was also promoted to the rack of manager due to his outstanding performance. Now that studies weren't such a large priority to him, he spent more time in the company, getting to know the company's position holders and business associates. Tragedy struck when his father passed away from a heart attack 2 weeks before the company's 50th anniversary. Kris grieved for a week before returning as the company's new CEO. Many of the workers expected him to lead the company to its downfall. However, he proved them wrong with his dedication to the company. Within the next two years, he increased the company's profits by 70%, a feat no one except his father had ever achieved. From that point on, even the eldest of employees learned to trust and respect him. Even though he has a seemingly cold and unfriendly exterior, he actually has a warm and loving heart, which is why he constantly helps out at orphanages alongside me.

          Today was a special day. Not only was it Valentine's Day, it was also our first anniversary as a couple. Kris and I had arranged to meet outside his office building at 5pm, which was the time he got off work. But because I wanted to surprise him, I arrived half an hour earlier. As u shuffled around in the freezing cold trying to stay warm, I saw him exiting the lift through the glass doors if the building. But he was not alone. A tall, slender woman carrying an expensive bag exited the lift too, while being in close proximity with Kris. I dismissed my suspicions, thinking that it was a coincidence. But as he turned around and warmly smiled at her, my heart sank.
       That was the smile.
            That was only reserved for me.
                 Was he cheating on me?
       It was as clear as a bell, to anyone watching, that something was going on  between them as Kris... embraced her tightly. As he turned around and spotted me standing there,  he turned as white as a sheet and his eyes widened. Unable to ignore my breaking heart, I glared at him before running off, with tears streaming down my face. As I blindly ran, not knowing exactly where I was going, I finally collapsed onto a bench at what seemed to be a park. As the full numbness settled into my legs and I heaved in deep breaths, I started sobbing loudly and uncontrollably, attracting stares from people around me.
        
           As the hours passed, the icy cold winds continually pushed past me, reminding me of Kris's betrayal. As fresh tears emerged out of the corner of my eyes, a little boy approached me with a single rose in his hand. "Cheer up. The hyung there says he is sorry and he wants your forgiveness. He also told me to give this to you."
Smiling, he hands me the rose before sprinting off. Puzzled, I looked up. My heart skips a beat as I saw kris standing there, looking like a prince out of a fairytale with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. As I stood there, shell-shocked, he started to approach me. "Whatever you saw just now was just an act of brotherly love. Remember my noona, Jessica? She just came back from America today. Naturally I missed her a lot." Hugging me tightly, he continued. "You had nothing to worry about. I would never leave you, even for a million dollars." I blushed, mentally scolding myself. He did mention that his sister was overseas and that she was coming back soon. I shyly apologised, realising that I had jumped to conclusions too quickly. We made promises to each other that we would find out the true story next time and even if we did have another misunderstanding, to talk it out instead of running away. 

 

A/N: hi this is something I wrote in school. Tbh I have writers block for the other stories, but I have a vague idea of what to write already ;)