First Impression.

Two Flowerboys and a Quack

How I met them.

Well it was a disaster kind of a first impression. I was working with my grandma in our old restaurant when I met this two walking disasters, well I never knew that they would be really special in my life, especially one…

F L A S H B A C K

“Momo-chan!” Yuki called her grandmother holding three dishes at once “who ordered this?”
“Me!” the grandmother answered reading a piece of journal with a somehow sad expression. “Yah! I thought there were finally costumers!” Yuki playfully said while staring at her grandmother “Is there something wrong?”  “No, it’s nothing let’s eat!” the grandma forced a smile and started to eat.

“Hey! Give this dude some food, please!” a tall handsome guy piggybacking another one said. Yuki froze while staring at them with mouth wide open. They were in bad condition: they had bruises and blood stains were covering their uniforms. Her thoughts were suddenly cut by her grandma ordering her to give them food.

“Hey Yuki! Don’t they look exactly like your fictional characters?”  

“Yah Momo-chan! Don’t tell me you read those! ...How embarrassing!” Yuki said almost shouting and turning ketchup red and trying to cover her face.  “They really look like a couple! How cute!” the grandma said looking at them.

“Yah Lee Jongsuk! Eat this, it’ll give you energy” the guy who piggybacked the other one was now feeding him. “Woobin, I don’t want to eat... I want to beat up the jerk who did this to us!” refusing to eat. They were now arguing like a couple in the eyes of Yuki and the grandma.

“Yah… Who do you think is bottom?” the grandma said giggling and blushing like a teenage girl.

“Momo-chan! Where did you learn it? You !”

“I’m the ? Then who’s the one writing things about guys and their private stuff?!” the grandma fought back. “Momo-chan!!” she said covering and looking at the guys at the same time who were staring back at them weirdly.

“Uhm… guys we are here” Woobin said with his mouth full of rice.

There was a kind of embarrassing moment before they talked and finally someone broke the silence.

“The food was great, thank you” Woobin said followed by a shocked Jongsuk.

“He doesn’t eat almost anything made by hand, since…” his happy expression suddenly became dark when Woobin suddenly glared at him clearly telling him to stop.

“Oh nevermind…” Yuki said with a curious expression.

Their dark faces became happy again and ordered a few more dishes, or should I say a lot. In the end, they didn’t even pay. Forcing Yuki to make them to wash the dishes and clean the rest of the little restaurant.

But that night, Yuki opened her laptop happily and wrote about them in her new fanfic called “Flowerboys in love”. 

 

“They were surely a couple” Yuki said going to school, she was giggling and smiling like a fangirl that has found her favorite OTP. She was really happy because her fanfic earned 7 new subscribers and 3 new comments.

“Oh god what is this strong fried smell?” a girl said sniffing the air in the classroom. “It must be the Japanese girl, she works at a grill room with her stinky grandma” another girl said making sure Yuki heard that. “That’s it. I’m tired of your continuous making fun of me!” Yuki got up from her seat and shouted while pointing at the two girls in front of her.  “Just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you can treat people like this! And you know what?! You smell too!”

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah you smell MEANESS” Yuki said proudly making the others laugh and the two girls sit down glaring at her.

Yuki wasn’t exactly a class clown but her energetic manga-like character sometimes made her look weird in front of the other Korean students, but she didn’t care. She loved her work.

When she returned in her little restaurant she found the little piece of journal that her grandma was reading yesterday: it was written that their little restaurant was for rent because they didn’t have enough money to pay the rent and that a big company was planning to build a building destroying it.

“This can’t be…” She said as she torn it in little pieces.

“Yuki… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you”

“Momo-chan… I have to go somewhere”

“Where are you going?... Yuki!!”

Yuki was going to meet the company’s headmaster to give him some food to eat hoping that he would change his mind. She was about to enter in his office when a concierge stopped her.

“Who are you little girl?”

“I’m Yuki, I-I have to talk to Mr. Lee about something really important!”

“Do you have an appointment, miss?”

“No… But I-” “No buts, I can’t let you enter”

“But please, it’s important! My grandma and I are going to be homeless if you sell our little restaurant, please!”

“I’m sorry”

“What’s happening?” Mr. Lee said glaring at the concierge “And who are you?” he said now looking at Yuki. She tried to give him the food she prepared but when she handed it to him, he threw everything at the floor looking at it disgusted “Yikes”.

“Concierge, tell someone to clean this mess” he said and left.

“Yes Mr. Lee”

“If you’re thinking that I’m giving up on this you are wrong!” she said sobbing and trying to clean up everything when a guy helped her. It was Jongsuk.

“Hey you are the girl from the restaurant!”

“Yes… My name’s Yuki, what are you doing here?”

“My father owns this place…”

“Mr. Lee’s your father?”

“Yes, why are you ask--?” he didn’t finish his sentence when Yuki suddenly slapped him “how could you?!” I thought you liked our place! You even ordered five servings!”

“Aish!! That hurt! I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Liar” she said running away from him.

Later that night the guys showed up again in their restaurant, Yuki was shocked. She thought that they would never comeback, but she was wrong. They entered like nothing happened. She was a bit relieved when they came in.

“What’s up with that red hand mark in your face?” Woobin laughed and Jongsuk just glared at Yuki who stuck her tongue out.  Her grandma noticed it and hit the back of her head.

“Is that the way of treating a handsome costumer?!”

“But grandma! He’s the son of Mr. Lee, the bad guy who wants to destroy our place!!!”

“Who cares, he's handsome!!! Oh and I want you to update your story, I want to know if they kiss in your next chapter! And no cliffhangers or I won’t give you any pay!”

“Momo-chan! Stop reading it, you ! How did you find it anyways? My stories are set to private!”

“I’m a subscriber.” the grandma smiled widely “I even commented, I'm WildBaby49”

Yuki facepalmed herself and served the two guys.

“Hey, Yuki can I talk to you?” Jongsuk got up and grabbed Yuki’s hand and they both went outside to talk.

“Look, I don’t know what my father did to you. But I’m not involved with his actions I swear. So please stop giving me spiced things or salty drinks okay? Friends?”

“So you noticed huh?” she crossed her arms and took a deep breath “friends.”

Meanwhile Woobin and the grandma were left alone so the grandma took the opportunity to talk to him, but she couldn’t say anything and just burped out “Handsome”.

“What?”

“I meant… Do you have money or you’ll wash the dish again?”

“Money”

From that day on the two became regular costumers in their little restaurant and both Woobin and Jongsuk befriended Yuki who was regularly updating her story without cliffhangers so her grandma would pay her.