Baby, 기다릴게 (I’ll wait for you)

Baby, 기다릴게 (I'll wait for you)

“Yaahh! Kim Risaaa!...” L.Joe immediately called as soon as I came in the cafe I’m working for, called Cafe Dani. It was owned by a friend, Ahn Daniel. And yeah, it’s quite awkward to work for a friend. Well, I’ve got no choice. As soon as I applied here, I was immediately hired since it was Niel who was hiring.

A heartwarming hug came greeting me as soon as I got in which made my heart flutter in happiness. “Good morning, Risa..” L.Joe greeted as he hugged me tightly. Well, yeah. This guy right infront of me... Who is actually hugging me so closely right now, can make my heart crazily flutter in happiness with just simple things. His smile, his slight touch, his voice, his stare, his gaze. Everything. He can make me happy just like that.

“G-Good morning to you too, L.Joe...” I greeted shyly as I immediately pulled back from the hug, scared of the thought that maybe he can feel the fluttering in my chest. I looked up at him, who was smiling at me with his perfect smile. God! He’s eyes that smiles with him as he smiles are perfect. If I have the courage to pull him for another hug, I would have done it since a while ago.

He playfully ruffled my hair then went back to wiping the cups.

“C’mon Risa, change into your uniform and let’s get the work started...” He smiled as he looked down at the cups he was wiping.

I nodded then walked inside the dressing room for the employees and immediately changed into my uniform. I’ve been working here for 2 years, and ever since I’ve started working here, I’ve got this little infatuation with L.Joe. I never even thought that I would actually fall for him, so I’m trying all my best for him not to notice.

I’m working here as one of the barista. Honestly—well I know its lame but—I really like making coffees. I mean, I like how those fresh coffee beans smells like. I like how people would look relaxed after drinking those coffees I make. I like looking at coffees when they’re mixed. And I like how L.Joe praises me with my work.

I walked out from the employees’ room, when I saw L.Joe talking to some guy I haven’t actually seen. Is this guy new? It’s not like he’s from those customers who usually goes here.

I just walked towards the coffee mixer, ignoring them and analyzing if the coffee mixer is working well before use. I brought out some of the ingredients for the drinks then wiped some of the cups, not looking up.

“Risa...” L.Joe called me with his soft and husky voice which immediately made me look up at him.

“Hmmm?...” I hummed in response waiting for what he’s going to say. He motioned his hand to make me come over to him which made me look at him with curious eyes.

He smiled then pointed his hand towards the guy infront of him. Well.... He looks handsome. Really Handsome. He’s adorable too, and now that he smiled at me, looks like ‘adorable’ isn’t the correct word to describe him.

I smiled back then look back at L.Joe.

“He’s Choi Jonghyun, or so you may call him Changjo...” He smiled then hesitated. “Well, actually he prefers being called Changjo...”

I smiled then look back at Changjo who was smiling at me with his purest. So Changjo is his name huh. That’s cute... But what makes him call himself that instead of Jonghyun? I mean, Jonghyun’s a good name too.

“Hey... Nice to meet you...” He greeted smiling at me and waving his hands.

“Hi to you too... I’m Kim Risa, by the way...” I smiled as I continued wiping the cups, but only looking at his beautifully sculptured face.

“What a pretty name...” He smiled at me agian. “Nice to meet you too...” He said without letting go of my eyes as he stared at me. He’s stare really makes me feel tingly inside.

“Well, I’ll leave you two for a while as I fix the other tables...” L.Joe said with a knowing smile then immediately scurried towards the tables and started fixing and cleaning them for use later.

I was left with Changjo and comfortably had a small chit-chat and get to know conversations. He’s actually a nice guy just like L.Joe. A pure gentleman and lovably sweet to me. He treats me as if I’m special, but then I thought that maybe this guy is just a friend. That no matter what, L.Joe will always be the one I’ll like and that fact won’t be changed---I guess?

Recently, he’s been coming here for visits and always borrowed my time to have a small chitchat. I’ve been getting comfortable with him, that L.Joe started teasing me about it.

“Yah~ Risa...” He suddenly called out, as I was making a coffee frappe.

“Hmm?...” I hummed as I was making it and paused for a while to look at L.Joe.

He smiled at me teasingly as he looked out from the glass doors with a smile. “Looks like the lover boy’s back...” He teased which made me look at the glass doors to see Changjo coming inside the cafe with a smile on his face.

“Shut up, L.Joe...” I mumbled as I looked at Changjo with a smile.

He sat at one of the stools infront of the counter then smiled at me. “Looking pretty like usual, huh, Risa?...” He greeted with smile.

A blush crept in my face as I looked down in shyness. “Good morning to you too, Changjo...” I greeted sarcastically as I chuckled and look back at him.

“Aherm aherm...” L.Joe faked a cough then continued doing his thing with a smile. This guy, really. I sighed then rolled my eyes at him then look back at Changjo who—again—is staring at me. I felt like my flaws will suddenly show up if he kept on staring at me like that, so I immediately looked down.

“Why do you keep on staring at me like that?...” I asked without hesitation which made me regret it later on. I shook my head, disappointed at myself for not thinking before talking.

He chuckled which made me look up at him. “You’re asking me why I keep staring at you?...” He repeated my question then I nodded.

“Well...” He hesitated, his face turning serious. “That’s because I just can’t resist staring at that beautiful face of yours...” He said staring at me—in my eyes. “You’re as beautiful as an angel, Risa...” He added which made my heart flutter for a while. The fluttering felt weird. I don’t know why but, it’s different at how it fluttered with L.Joe’s.

I looked down, trying to hide the pinkness—no, redness of my face. I scrunched my nose in disappointment. Damn it. I probably look like an idiot right now.

He chuckled as he brushed my hair with his long fingers, then tucking it in behind my ear, then his other hand, holding on to a single rose. My eyes widened in shock. A rose tied in a red bow.

I felt my heart beat faster. I can’t describe what I’m feeling right now, but I feel so confused... I like L.Joe. I really do... But Changjo?—I don’t know.

He smiled at me with his purest. “Here... A rose for m’lady...” He then winked. I smiled and was about to reach out for the rose when he suddenly added. “Since you’re the last person I met today...”  

“Eheheyy~ Changjo, aren’t you being too sweet with Risa?...” L.Joe teased with a smirk on his face.

I blinked my eyes in confusion. ‘The last person I met today’? I don’t know why but I felt my heart being crushed in pieces. I looked down then reached for the rose and showed a slight smile. I guess, this guy has a girlfriend.

“Th-Thanks...” I said then looked down at the single red rose. It’s beautiful and blooming happily. If L.Joe could just... give me a single rose just like this, then I would be happy just as how this flower blooms happily.

He smiled at me as he caressed my cheek and stood up. “Well... I have to go now...” He said then looked at L.Joe.

“Hyung... I’ll get going now...” He said then turned back to me. “Risa...” He smiled then ruffled my hair. “I’ll see you again tomorrow.”

I nodded then smiled at him. As soon as he got out I sighed then looked down at the rose.

“Looks like the guy likes you...” L.Joe said with a smile. I looked up at him and he was looking at me sincerely. I felt my heart tighten. It felt as if he’s trying to drive me away with some other guy. 

“But I like you...” I wanted to say, but I can’t. If I have the courage to tell him, then I would have done it a long time ago... But I just can’t.

I looked down at the rose I was holding. I don’t know what I feel for Changjo and it’s confusing me.

As I was walking around at the street on my way home, I kept staring at the single rose that Changjo gave me. It’s red and it’s blooming beautifully. I don’t know why, but atleast, just staring at it makes me happy. I mean, it’s the first time that someone gave me a rose. A beautiful red rose. But then there’s this fact that kept on bugging me that Changjo has a girlfriend which confuses me more on why he kept on being sweet and nice to me, that he even gave a rose.

I sighed as I closed my eyes then shook my head. I calmly walked on my way home, forgetting about Changjo for a while.

Morning came again. And the usual, I walked to Cafe Dani to start my day with work. Like usual, L.Joe greets me with his beautiful smile that can make my heart flutter crazily. The smell of the bitter aroma of coffee beans lingering inside the cafe like every day which made me feel relaxed.

“Good morning~...” A familiar voice greeted, as soon as I heard the bell chime infront of the door when it opens.

“Good morning Changjo~ Looks like you’re early today...” L.Joe said as he was wiping the counter.”And, wow, dude! You look good today, what’s up?” He added. I didn’t even take a budge to look at Changjo right now. I don’t know why, but then I just... don’t feel like looking at him.

“Good morning to you, Risa...” He greeted, obviously with a smile.

I sighed then looked up at him as I forced a smile. This actually, made me regret it later on. God! He looks so.... handsome today. I even noticed that some of the girl customers were staring at him.

“G-Good morning...” I greeted then immediately look down to hide the forming redness on my cheek. He was wearing a fitted grey button up shirt, with his sleeves folded up, toning his muscled arms. He wore black skinny jeans which revealed his long structured-like legs. And added by black and white fedora hat coolly resting on his head.  Gosh! He looks like a model.

He chuckled as he ruffled my hair playfully.

“Goin’ on a date?...” L.Joe playfully asked as he arranged the cups at the cupboard.

Hmmm... He’s probably having his date later with his girlfriend. How lucky that girl can be.

“Date?...” Changjo repeated and looked at me with a smile. “Hmmm... Speaking of dates...” He hesitated as he suddenly grabbed my hand that was wiping a teacup. It startled me which I almost drop the cup. I immediately looked up at Changjo and blinked my eyes curiously. What is he doing?

L.Joe whistled teasingly as soon as he saw Changjo playing with my hand. I can feel my heart fluttering crazily inside my chest. I shouldn’t feel like this. He has a girlfriend. Why is he doing this?

“Risa...” Changjo started which made me look up at him. His eyes full with sincerity as he looked at me. “Would you go out with me?...”

I knew it.

“Whew! Risa... This is the beginning of a new chapter of your life!...” L.Joe exclaimed which caught the attention of the customers. I can feel my cheeks heating up. I don’t know what to say....

I looked at L.Joe smiling at me. Those smile were encouraging me to go out with him. If only you can say this to me too, L.Joe. If only you were the one who liked me. If only you were the one who asked me out. I would have definitely said yes... But... No. It’s not you.

I looked back at Changjo. He was smiling at me, obviously waiting for a positive answer. But...

“I... I’m sorry Changjo... But, can I think about it for awhile?...” I asked with a poker face on. I just can’t express what I’m feeling right now.

He nodded as he let go of my hand. His warm soft hand, parting from mine. “Ohh... I see...” He obviously forced a smile then looked up at me.

“I won’t give up though...” He said as he brushed his fingers on my hair. “Please reconsider it next time... Please...” He smiled then winked.

I nodded then smiled at him.

“Then... I have to go now, I’ll see you guys again tomorrow...” He said with a smile then walked out of the cafe.

As soon as Changjo walked out, L.Joe bumped me with his elbow. “What was that, Risa?...This is a chance...” He whispered to me, looking at me warily.

“I just... don’t feel like going out on a date, you know...” ---Unless if it’s you, it’s fine.

“Why? I mean... Changjo’s a good guy. He’ll take care of you...” He said as he held my hand. Just this makes my heart flutter in excitement again. “He’ll love you... He’ll always be there for you... It won’t be that bad to date him, right?”

I looked down, looking at his hand that was gripping mine.  I felt like crying. Can you not take care of me? Can you not love me? Can you not be there for me? I like you.... I really do.

“C’mon Risa... Think of it.... You’ll be a lucky girl to date someone like him...” L.Joe encouraged. “He never dated before... And this is his first time...”

F-First time?....

“Wha—What do you mean? I thought... He had a girlfriend?...” I asked, confused. “What does he mean by ‘The last person I met today’ back then?...”

He smiled as he let go of my hand and tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear. “It was his Mom’s birthday back then... It was a bouquet of red roses that he gave to his Mom, and he got one to give it to you...”

I blinked my eyes as I looked down.

“See? Look at how much effort he gave to you.. C’mon... Go out with him....” L.Joe encouraged again.

I sighed finally giving up. “Okay... Fine... I’ll go out with him.”

He smiled as he ruffled my hair. “Okay then... I’ll call him later...”

Tonight’s the night. I and Changjo would be having a date and we would be meeting at Cafe Dani. L.Joe  gave me a chance to have a day off just to have this date. Why does he give so much effort into making me and Changjo together? *sigh*

I was wearing a cute white and blue Sunday dress, and a dark blue topper to style it up. This is my first time wearing a dress again. Well... Since it’s the first time of me to have a date. Of course, I should dress up. 

“Looking good and pretty, Risa...” L.Joe greeted with a smile. I showed him a forced smile then looked down.

I heard the bells chime again. I didn’t dare to look up.

“Isn’t this quite a coincidence?...” L.Joe laughed as he greeted Changjo. “Both of you are wearing shades of blue... Or did you talk about it?....” L.Joe narrowed his eyes on us.

I just shook my head and looked up at Changjo who was standing beside me. And just as expected. He looks hot and handsome, wearing a white shirt inside and an open dark blue polo shirt. He was wearing white skinny jeans emphasizing his long structured legs.

He brought up a bouquet of 11 lavender roses. Lavender roses are very unique. I wonder what it means.

I smiled at him as I happily took it. It’s my first time having a date, so shouldn’t I be happy about it?

L.Joe suddenly pushed me which made me stumble towards Changjo’s hard chest.

“L.Joe...” I grunted as Changjo helped me stood up properly.

L.Joe chuckled as he motioned us to go. “C’mon now, guys... It’s getting late... You should go... Enjoy~...” He said with a smile as he pushed us towards the exit.

I sighed as I just shook my head and walked out with Changjo.

As we were walking around the Namsan tower, I kept on staring at the 11 lavender roses on my hand. I mean... Why does it specifically need to be 11? And why is it Lavender?

It seems like Changjo noticed that I kept staring at the rose, so he motioned me towards the bench, facing the beautiful night scenery of Seoul.

“Are you wondering why it’s 11 and why’s the color lavender?” He asked as he stared at me. I nodded as I look up at him.

“Yeah... What does it mean by the way?...” I asked, curiously looking at him.

“Hmmmm...” He hummed as he look away from me and looked at the beautiful scenery of Seoul. “Well...” He hesitated then brought up his hands pointing at the scenery of Seoul. “Don’t you think the view is beautiful?...” He said, as if ignoring my question.

I just nodded as I curiously stared at him. “Fascinating isn’t it? It’s enchanting and wonderful as if you’re inside a dream...” He said with a smile, sniffing the fresh breeze of summer night. “The first time I went here with my mom... I actually fell in love at first sight when I saw this view. It’s like... I never wanted to leave here... That I want to stay here all night, watching the city lights flicker like a beautiful star up the night sky...”  He said then paused as he looked back at me.

“It’s beautiful... Unique and enchanting... Just like that beautiful lavender roses you’re holding right now...” He brushed his fingers at one of the petals. I can feel my heart skip a beat as I watched him look at the flowers gently. “And... Lavender roses, and this beautiful scenery can express my feelings for you...” He said with a smile, caressing my cheek.

“The first time I went inside the Cafe to visit Hyung.... I never thought that I’ll actually fell in love at first sight with you...  You’re like an angel that suddenly walked out of that room. You’re blooming like a beautiful red rose that made my heart flutter crazily... That it made me want to stay there and watch you for eternity... That no matter what, I’ll wait for you to come to me... Risa...” He hesitated as he tucked strands of hair behind my ear. “I love you... And... I know that you don’t love me back.. But still...” He hesitated again. I can feel my heart wanting to burst out of my chest. It’s fluttering crazily that I can’t breathe properly. “...I’ll wait for you... Until you love me back... No matter what...”

I can feel tears strolling down my cheek. No... This isn’t sadness. But happiness.... I never felt so happy before that it brought me to tears. I never thought that Changjo was this serious.

“Thank you...” Was the only words I can give him for gratitude. He smiled as he brushed the tears away.

He decided that we should go buy a padlock since we were here anyway, so I decided to agree with him.

He wrote “I’ll be waiting for you, Risa... I love you. :)”

I smiled as he showed me then locked it together with the other padlocks at the Namsan Tower.

As we were talking and walking around the Namsan Tower, my eyes caught something that made my heart crush into pieces.

Oh... So that’s why.

“Risa...” Changjo called as soon as he noticed that I wasn’t following him and was staring at something---someone. L.Joe.

I smirked as I looked down as I felt tears running down my cheek. So that’s why he kept on insisting me to go out with someone, is it? So that’s why I don’t have chance? That’s why he won’t notice me? So that’s why he can’t love me back. It’s because he’s already loving someone else.

“Risa...” Changjo called again as he saw L.Joe laughing with the person he loves the most. Changjo looked down at me, then wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me for a hug.

“Risa...” Changjo whispered as he caressed my hair, brushing it and calming me with his hug. “It’s okay... It’s going to be okay... I’m here... Here for you... To stay with you... So don’t worry, Risa...” He said. “I’ll always be here to love you...”

He continued whispering sweet nothings to calm me. I can feel his heart flutter behind his chest. Is he hurting too? Because he already knew that the person I love is L.Joe? Because he already knew the reason why I can’t just love him back like that? Because I’m crying infront of him because of the person I love?

“Please be with me... Risa...” He said, still caressing my hair. “I can make you forget L.Joe....” He hesitated. “I can give you the love you want... Instead of L.Joe, please love me instead...”

I can feel him shiver around me. His arms tightly hugging me. “I love you so much... that I don’t want to see you crying because of another man...”

“I love you, Risa....” He said. “Please, be with me....”

With those words, it reminded me of what L.Joe said. ... Changjo’s a good guy. He’ll take care of you... He’ll love you... He’ll always be there for you...

I sobbed as I pulled back and nodded. It wouldn’t be bad to try right?

His eyes bright red. Obviously preventing himself to cry. “Wha---What?...”

I smiled as I nodded and hugged him. “I’ll be with you... and learn to love you just the way you love me... I’ll be with you Changjo...”

I can feel him tensing and his heart fluttering crazily. I smiled as I hugged him tighter. And after a while... I felt his warm arms hugging me back.

“Thank you, Risa... For giving me chance... I love you....” He said with a smile.

Probably, someday... I’ll learn loving him just like the way he loves me.