one

her image

Her image was cold. People thought she was a cold hearted princess but it wasn't true, it wasn't who she was. It was just her image, what company had decided. All of the nine girl images were chosen by their head quarters. Each group should have an ice-princess and it was Jessica who was stuck with her image and she hated it.

She hated how all people would judge her and spread rumors about her but her band mates knew better. They knew she was just shy, she didn't talk much when among strangers but among them she was playful and lovely. All her unnies loved her and her warm personality.

They were fan signing in busan and 3 of them went; sohyun, Jessica and taeyeon. Thing were going smoothly when sohyun had looked at her unnies with fear in her eyes. Jessica was the first to notice and found out their maknae trembling. Sohyun tilted her head to point to a stranger in line for her but he looked suspicious. Sohyun felt something was wrong so did Jessica. She looked closer at the man. He was average height, wearing black jacket and a gray cap hiding his face. One of his hands was in his pocket, firmly holding an unknown subject. There was a dark aura around the man. Jessica looked at their leader but taeyeon was busy taking selcas with her fans; she hadn't noticed yet. Their manager was in back, talking on phone, arranging their next event. The scary looking guy was coming closer; sohyun was scared. 

Jessica had no option but to meddle so she stood up and went toward the guy. It was then that their bodyguard noticed. His wife was hospitalized that day so he was oblivious to what was going on.

  • Do you want my sign? Jessica asked the man, who now looked edgy.

Jessica was now standing in front of sohyun to hide her from him. He looked upset. His lips pressed in thin line. Jessica's action has brought chaos to the room. But she couldn't help it. Sohyun was her donsaeng and she had to protect her.

The man felt so frustrated that his plans didn't go smoothly; he was mad at Jessica for blocking his target. Why was this stupid standing on his way to sohyun. He couldn't continue. All the fans were looking at them. The bodyguard was whispering something into his microphone. He was standing awkwardly, not knowing what to do next. His mission had failed.

Jessica saw the man smiled dryly then he left quickly, mostly running away from curios eyes of fans.  She sighed with relief then turned to see sohyun, whose face looked paler than ever. She mouthed "thank you". Her eyes full of gratitude. Jessica went back to her seat. Taeyeon looked at her with "what the hell was that?" look.

After their event was finished, their body guard apologized many times and said he wanted to follow the man but didn’t want to leave the girls alonein case he returned. The girls understood his situation and forgave him with warm smiles.

Back to dorm, their leader scolded her for not thinking about her own safety but then Jessica looked at sohyun; she was telling the story about how her knight, Jessica had saved her. All members were amazed by her action; it was at same time the bravest and the stupidest thing to do. She felt all the risks were worth it when their maknae was safe and looked at her, smiling wildly.

That night, they all slept feeling blessed, knowing how much they meant to each other.

The next day arrived and took away all the happiness. Many articles come out on how Jessica had tried to steal one of sohyun's fans. The reporters just saw that jesica had gotten up to offer a fan who was in sohyun's line her autograph and the fan felt disregarded and uncomfortable so he had left. Many citizen commented that she was a jealous and rude. They were all harsh. Jessica felt betrayed, how could people judge her so easily when they knew nothing.

She was hurt, she cried helplessly while other members tried to comfort her. They also felt offended. How could people think that ?

They decided to tell the media the truth but their manager stopped them. He said that he had talked to police and now police was trying to get a photage of him and track him down so if they told the truth, it would ruin police plans so they have to keep it quiet for a while until they catch him. Afterward that, the head managers decided if truth comes out or not.

She hated how sohyun kept apologizing. She hated how was controlled. She hated how she was treated. She hated how people were blinded by media. She hated how she had to act differently from her personality.