the story behind everything

Hiding Behind The Friend Label

 

Please bear with my poor grammar. I'll recommend to read this while hear the real song. "so long" from Apink
Enjoy reading^0^/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you remember how you and I were so young and small?

 

“I told you already Rong-unnie. I’m taller than you!” Bomi whine cutely

“In your dream! I’m your unnie. I’m older so I’m taller than you. Mehrong~”

Like what they always do, Chorong and Bomi always nagging to each other. They’ve been neighbour since Chorong’s born. Chorong and Bomi only 2 years apart yet Chorong want to be treated like superior when it comes to Bomi. Actually Chorong adored her neighbour’s child like her own little sister. They will play with each other and Chorong will accompanying Bomi like baby-sitter. Well, at least thats what Chorong thought at first.

 

 

 

We were always together, do you remember our friends who were jealous of us?

You held my small hand and protected me, always smiling only at me


It was back then when Chorong still in 6th grade. Bomi always follow her Rong-unnie everywhere. But sometimes, Chorong feel annoyed. And she didn’t realize, how much she hurt the younger girl. She ignored Bomi when her friends around, but everytime just the two of them, Chorong will always nagging and whining toward the latter. Chorong order Bomi around like her slaves since 1st grade. But Bomi as the younger ones will left no choice. She only can obey her beloved neighbour a.k.a Rong-unnie.

But when Chorong teased by her friend because of her mis-pronounce on something, out of nowhere Bomi will come and hold her hand. Yes, Bomi will show her sweetest eye-smile and say encouraging word. Even when Chorong’s same aged friend will involving her into the joke to played around, Bomi will still hold Chorong’s hand and she’ll charge forward to kick them. Chorong never say it out loud about this, but she really love it when Bomi being protective over her. Cause Bomi only did that to her, she feel special. Even her friends told her directly that they were so jealous. Bomi isn’t the smartest one, and she even quite dumb. But that wasn’t the case. Bomi is cute and funny. She’s kind and multi-talented too. Yet, she will only obey and following around for one person. And everyone on the neighborhood know who it is. Of course its the one and only, Park Chorong.

 

 

 

 

Baby, we didn’t know back then, we were too young

 

When Chorong in last year of high school, she’s dating a guy from another school. Meanwhile, Bomi whose never date before, still being single and all alone. She didn’t know what she feels. But she’s sure about one thing. Park Chorong is just her older friend from neighbourhood and senior at school. But, if that’s true, then why it feels painful to watch her with another person? Maybe just because she’s getting used to the latter presence, so when thing changed, she feel lonely and being left. But Bomi realize something. Things getting weird and complicated. It was the time when Bomi found Chorong’s boyfriend making out with Chorong’s own bestfriend. Bomi raging and boiled with angry. She beat him with her dan 3 taekwondo skill. But the next thing she knows, she’s slapped in school’s canteen. Everyone watch it with horror. Chorong known for her close friendship with Bomi, and suddenly everything turns upside down. Bomi is too socked to realize everything. Before she can do anything, Chorong already pouring Bomi’s ice chocolate from above Bomi’s head.

“What the hell are you doing with my boyfriend? Are you that lonely? Are you that desperate that you can dating anyone so you want me to left alone just like you? Did you really have to beat him like that? Geez, Yoon Bomi! You know what? You are so disgusting! Don’t ever appear in front of me again you stupid!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

 

Since the accident, peoples will look at Bomi with pity or disgust look. Fortunately her junior at school still believed in her. Hayoung and Naeun try to encourage Bomi and help her to ignoring how people treat her unfairly. Bomi feel relieved as she knows, she still has ones that truly care and trust her. But still, she feel hurt cause Chorong only hear and trust the story from latter’s boyfriend about she being desperate girl with no friend or boyfriend and got envious, so she want to take Chorong’s down to the slump with her. Of course this isn’t make a sense if you know who Yoon Bomi is.

-unnie, I know now. That weird and complicated feeling. The strange pain that I felt everytime you hug him or kiss him. I thought we just friend. At least, that’s what I thought at first . . .

Maybe, just maybe, I always hope that you think of me as more than a friend. I’m too stupid to realize. Park Chorong unnie, I’m hiding behind the friend label all this time. Just if you know. Rong-unnie, I love you-

Bomi write her feelings in her diary. Unfortunately, one day it fell in front of Chorong and her boyfriend. Before Bomi could take it, Chorong’s boyfriend already took it and read it loudly. Chorong’s face become red. But it wasn’t blushing. She was mad. Bomi could only keep her head down facing the ground while bite her bottom lips. It’s over. Everything is done for her even before it really started. Chorong slap her. Again.

 

Bomi run as far as she could while crying like a lost child. Peoples on school’s corridor whispers onto each other while mocking her. Bomi feel hurt like a hell. She run to forest behind her school, she want to calm down first. But when midnight comes, Bomi chose to go home. She’s prepared for scolded by her family because missing without informinf anything. But she’s never prepared to see whatever it is in front of her eyes right now. Peoples come to her house with sad face. She saw something. The next thing she know, Hayoung run to her while crying

“unnie, don’t worry I’ll always by your side no matter what. Please be strong unnie”

“Yoon Bomi-ssi, I’m Naeun’s father. And I’m your father’s partner in your company at Seoul. I know he never told you anything about this. Bomi-ssi, please be strong. Your family involved in car accident this afternoon. And we can’t save any of them. I’m sorry for your lost”

With that, Bomi broke down in tears. She’s trembling and she didn’t know what to do. When this kind of thing happen, her Rong-unnie will come to her to comfort her. She’s looking around and there she is. Backhugged by the latter’s boyfriend and even refuse to face  Bomi’s face. Bomi scream her jeart out in front of everyone there before she passed out.

 

 

 

 

 

Do you think of those days like I do sometimes? Do you remember
The nice breeze, the warm sunlight that shone on us? Do you remember

 

After her lost, Naeun’s father offered Bomi to come with him and Naeun to Seoul. With blank face, Bomi just nod her head. She swear to herself that everything will change. For her. For good.

As years goes by, Yoon Bomi become singer of girl group named A-pink. The group consist of her as a leader, Jung Eunji, Son Naeun, Hong Yookyung, Kim Namjoo and Oh Hayoung. For Naeun and Hayoung case, they’ve been recruited by Bomi herself. And Mr. Son as one of the richest enterpreneur in Asia because of A-pink outstanding success and the merger between his company and Yoon Cube group owned by Bomi’s late father.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

 

 

It’s been 5 years already. And Bomi still being single while everyone wants her. Including her own member, Eunji and Naeun.

“Yah Bbom-ah! Can you just forget that girl already? I mean, she never appear in front of you even once. Can you just love me instead? You know I really care for you”

 

 

“Nope. Unnie, choose me instead. I’ll treat you better than anyone. We know each other for long time and I’m sure I’ll be the right one for you Bomi unnie. You know I never been the type to confess and tell what I feel to someone, but I’ll never mind to become one as long it was you unnie, Saranghae”

 

“Eunji-yah,Naeun-ah~ what are you two talking about? Our fans never think of us as a couple. Instead they want 2eun. Its between the both of you. It never involving me. Stop saying non sense thing” Bomi said calmly and left the two dissapointed dongsaeng in the restaurant booked by 2eun.

 

.

.

.

 

 

Bomi get in her car and staring at the wheel and chuckled silently.

“They are so cute. They match with each other, and they even booked the same restaurant. Why don’t they just dating each other? Why bother to involve me between them. Those kids~” Bomi said before start the engine. She drove to han river and stop the car. She get off the car and lean her back on her car.

She watch peoples passed by. Then she watch some high school girl joking around with each other. Somehow, the way they joked around remind her of herself and her Rong-unnie in the past. Punishment game. Just like herself who always lose in the game for her rong-unnie, she always be the slaves. And now she watch high school girls nagging to each other and one of them whining because she lost and have to bring all of their bag on her own.

 

 

Bomi closed her eyes as she want to fall more deeply into her memories. Then she feels the wind breezes.

“Rong-unnie, do you think of those days like I do sometimes?

Do you remember those time when this nice breeze make you shiver and I’ll let you wear my jacket? Or maybe those memories when the warm sunlight that shone on us brightly and you will nag at me because you want me to cover you from the heat?”

Then she open her eyes and watch the high school girls that she watch before

 

-Rong-unnie, how are you doing right now?-

 

 

 

 

 

We resembled each other so much and you were my precious friend
Baby, that’s what I believed but you came to me and it was so strange

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

 

The fated day comes. Mr. Son never know what happen before Bomi’s parent died. One day, he announce that someone will join A-Pink as a new member after Yookyung left the group for her studies. And because of age matters, the leader should be switch to the new member. Naeun and Hayoung bewildered with person in front of them. Park Chorong. The precious friend of soon to be ex-leader of A-pink, Yoon Bomi. Both of Naeun and Hayoung refuse to the join of new member. They got angry to Mr. Son, and other member soon realize. This Park Chorong is the Park Chorong they know from Hayoung and Naeun story. The one who humiliate her soon to be ex-leader. The one who broke Bomi’s heart and change her from dorky bright girl to silence one. The other members want to refuse Chorong too. And  Mr. Son didn’t like how the A-pink’s members act like rebellious kid. Chorong feel scared and pessimistic about this. She already tearing up when she heard someone sighing.

“Stop it already. It’s been decided and everything already announced. Acting mad doesn’t change anything. She is our new leader, lets respect her and obey her. We have to help each other. We are A-pink and we have our panda’s. If we can’t help her adjust, then it will make our beloved pandas feel unfomcortable.”

Bomi said calmly while look at her members. The members stop their nag and Mr. Son really glad to have Bomi help him.

Park Chorong steal a glance to Bomi and she feel pangs to her heart. She feel guilty after all of the years since Bomi left her. It just took a month for her to caught her boyfriend cheating on her and dump her.

“Park Chorong-ssi, nice to meet you. Let’s take care of each other in the future. Now, you are our new leader. If you need our help, just spilled it out. We’ll help each other to adjust.” Bomi said with her eye-smile.

 

 

Yes, Bomi still have those smile. The different thing is, Bomi only did it for business matters. She’s aready change. And though Bomi smiling sweetly, Apink’s other members and Chorong know it better. The cold feel behind those smile really make chills to all of them except the oblivious Mr. Son and his secretary.

 

 

 

The thing is, Bomi now have to shares room with Chorong. And Bomi actually did help Chorong a lot. And slowly, others member try to accept Chorong too because of Bomi. And Bomi will always there beside her to take care of her and protect her from sasaeng, anti-fans, and anything that could harm the members. Yes, Bomi did those thing but not for Chorong only, but because she loves her member a lot.

 

 

Chorong feels strange. She feels Bomi right now is too different. It’s like she’s close yet so far. Bomi come to her life for second time as someone different. She don’t feel the same as before. Bomi has got into her heart as something more than a friend. But she feel too guilty to admit. She just want to stick close with Bomi. At least, that is what she want to believe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly, I was afraid, I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you
Actually, I resented you for acting like everything was normal
Why didn’t you know my heart?

 

Times goes by. Chorong sure about what she feels toward Bomi. Her heart beat faster everytime Bomi next to her or staring at her. Sometime when their hands brush with each other, Chorong will pulled her hands from having more skin contact with Bomi. Chorong did it cause she feels nervous when it comes to Bomi. But Bomi think that Chorong still disgusted by her, so she keep some distance from the latter.

But the thing is, Chorong feel hurt when she realize Bomi want to keep some distance with her. And not to mention, 2eun still keep their feeling to Bomi. The two always try to hit on Bomi too though the latter never think of it as serious matters.

One day, when they come to kiss the radio for nonono promotion, Naeun say in the radio that if she is a man, she will definitely want to date Bomi because of her cute and charming side. Bomi act shy and flustered. Hayoung and Namjoo tease Bomi and Naeun about this, even the radio dj tease them too. But Eunji and Chorong didn’t like it. Chorong smile at first, she try to act normal. But then she silently bite her bottom lips when Naeun clearly try to flirt with Bomi. Naeun already admit that she loves Bomi, so there’s no problem for the latter to chase on hr crush. But Chorong knows better that she’s too afraid anything, yet she hope Bomi still feel the same like before. She want Bomi to aware of her presence but not as Apink member or leader nor as friends. But she want the latter know her heart and could give her one last chance. As fan service, Bomi responds to Naeun the way fans wants. Its all about intimate interaction between them. And actually fans getting responsive about Bomi and Naeun. So when before their shim shim tapa radio recording for another album promotion, Bomi backhugged Naeun and being clingy to Naeun. Naeun blushing and enjoying Bomi’s warm hug, but Eunji pissed off and Chorong looked away. Everywhere but the intimate skinship.

 

-Bbom-ah~ why can’t you tell that my heart now belong to you? Please look at my heart Bomi-yah -

 

 

 

 

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)
Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label


Chorong can’t stand it anymore. She can’t look at Naeun and Bomi being clingy to each other. It’s supposed to be her in Naeun’s position. One day, she charge forward to met Bomi.

“Yah Yoon Bomi! Did you really have to do all of this? Do you want to take revenge on me or anything?” Chorong said while crying.

“What do you mean unnie? I really have no id-“

Before Bomi could finish her sentences, Chorong pull her for a kiss. Chorong wants Bomi to respond her but Bomi too shock and much taken aback with the situation. Chorong deepen the kiss but Bomi just stay still. They need to breath so Chorong pulled herself. She look straightly to Bomi’s blank eyes. Chorong hold her tears and bite her bottom lips before trying to get Bomi’s lip once again but Bomi hold Chorong shoulder to prevent further action.

“Lets just stop this. You being carried away with situation”

With that Bomi turn back facing her leader and walk off. But Chorong scream her heart out

“No. Ot’s you thw one who has to stop this. I love you. I really do. I’m sure enough that you know what and how I feel toward you, Yoon Bomi. Please stop pretending like you oblivious. Can you feel my love toward you? Bbom-ah, please tell me that you love me too.”

But to her dissapointed, Bomi continue to walk leaving Chorong. But Bomi stop right before the door.

“I’m sorry unnie. Its too late. You should know it better than anyone. Yo know its too late unni. I’m leaving”

With that, Bomi left without turn or steal glance at all. Chorong broke down to tears. She fall on her knees and she crying so hard.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

After that, Chorong write what her feeling in lyrics. Little did she know, that the melody she receives from CEO actually is from Bomi. Bomi make it just as same as Chorong. Both of them put her heart on the song. And their Mr. Chu promotion on going with “so long” song as one of the track.

 

“Park Chorong-ssi, about the song lyrics you write this time, fans seems to love it so much.” One reporter ask.

“Yeah, I hear it on my own, it really touch me. Both melody and lyrics really attractive and touching.” Other reporter said.

Apink members smiling especially Chorong. But the thing is, Bomi still did it for business.

“thank you for the praise. I have to put my whole feeling onto make this lyrics”

Chorong said shyly.

 

 

 

Camera start flashing everywhere. Before one interviewer ask,

“Could you share with us about the story behind this song? What kind of experience that inspires you for this song?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

please kindly to tell me what you think about this fanfic

Sorry to make it such a long one shot kekeke~