Mass of Mess

My Lovely Mess

"Know what dad, screw this! Screw you and this goddamn company! Why don't you just marry off your job, huh?! Better yet have kids with it! It's not like you consider me as your child anyway. C'mon let's both be hon—" *slap* that earned her a tight slap.

 

she scoffed.

 

"What? Do you feel guilty? Or maybe you're pissed of the fact that I'm slapping the truth on you?" She said through gritted teeth, trying to stop herself from choking on her tears.

 

She turned around, ready to leave. But not before saying that one last thing on her mind.

 

"Thanks for the slap, dad. At least I know that you still care. I appreciate it." She left that statement with oozing sarcasm.

 

That night, she came home, not in their house but in her condo. She doesn't want to face her father yet after their argument, she's afraid that it might lead to another pointless fight. She went straight to the kitchen and looked for wine, before heading to her room's balcony to unwind. Just before she pours wine on her glass, her phone rang.

 

"Hey." The other line spoke.

 

"..."

 

"Uhm.. I heard that you and uncle had an argument again."

 

"When did we ever have a nice talk, anyway? Every time he calls for me, I always prepare myself for a fight" she laughed, trying to lift up the mood. She honestly, doesn't wanna talk about this.

 

"You shouldn't put the blame on him. Uncle's trying, Soo." The other line spoke softly.

 

"Why? Yoona.. Have you ever tried losing your mom before, huh? You won't understand, not until you experience it yourself." Sooyoung suddenly went hard.

 

Yoona just sighs on the line, she understands that Sooyoung's very sensitive when it comes to this kind of topic.

 

"I'm sorry.." Yoona said.

 

"No... I'm sorry, Yoong."

 

"It's okay, I understand. You should probably get some rest now, we still have classes for tomorrow. Good night, I'm gonna take my rest too."

 

"Thanks Yoong. Good night and rest well. See you in school."

 

"Hmm~"

 

Soo waited for the line until it went off before going straight to shower, forgetting to take the wine she was supposed to drink at the first place.

—————————————————————————————————————

Sooyoung's POV

—————————————————————————————————————

 

I'm Choi SooYoung, 20 years old and a law student. My father's a CEO of a damn company. I don't really know what kind of company my dad has. Can't help but not to give a , since it's already spoiled with my dad's attention. The one I was talking to last night was Im Yoona, Yoong's my bestfriend, like me she's also a law student— my classmate. Take note she's a smart-, she's a scholar. Curious how we became buddies? Well, she's a glutton, a shikshin to be accurate. Hehehe~ I shouldn't be talking, coz really, I'm shikshin too. In fact I'm worse than her. I'm a pig, a skinny pig. If that even exists.

 

—————————————————————————————————————

Yoona's POV

—————————————————————————————————————

 

I'm Im Yoona, Soo's bestfriend. Not like Soo, I'm on the average part of the society. That's why I can freely choose what I want, no one controls me. I took law on my own will while Soo took it for she's expected to take over their company soon. I've known her ever since our first year. For the past two years, everything had been tough for her. Her mom died because of cancer. Being the workaholic uncle is, he wasn't able to stay beside her wife even for the last minutes of her life. The sole reason why Soo and uncle aren't in good terms. Soo blames him for not staying with them, his family, when they needed him the most. Wait, why am I even taking so much time to tell things about Soo when I'm supposed to tell things about myself. Hehe~

 

The two we're literally moving their asses off since they were already late for the first class. It took time for the two to get the slumber they were looking for last night. Yoona arrived first, knocking the door before peeking inside. The professor called for her to come in.

 

"You can come in Yoona-ssi."

 

She came in without any problem knowing that Yoona isn't the kind who would be late in class without a reason. Sooyoung followed suit but it was different in her case. The professor wouldn't let her off without her giving a "reasonable" reason.

 

"Oh Choi, you're here and you're actually late. Mind if I ask why?" The professor asked in a mocking tone.

 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim" it was the only answer she can think of. She was looking down, ashamed of those eyes piercing through her.

 

"Mr. Kim, I'm afraid she went through the traffic jam as well. I was actually late because of that." Yoona butted in, trying to save Sooyoung's off from too much embarrassment.

 

"Oh, is that right? Ms. Choi?" The latter questioned again and Sooyoung could only nod.

 

"If that's the case, you can go to your seat now." Sooyoung went straight to her seat where Yoona is.

 

"Thanks Yoong" Sooyoung whispered before giving Yoona a peck on her cheek.

 

"Sorry Youngie but I don't accept "Thank You—s". But I do accept free lunch and by means of lunch it means something I can feast on." Yoona retorted while smiling cheekily.

 

"Aiish! Tsk. Fine fine~ you're gonna get me broken even before the month ends"

 

"Ms. Choi and Ms. Im, I would be very glad if you share your ideas about our lesson." The two growled, slowly getting annoyed by their professor.

 

Lunch came and Yoona started feasting on her "lunch" while Sooyoung was watching her, pouting.

 

"Yah~" Sooyoung whined.

 

"Mwo?" She asked quite innocently.

 

"How can you take each of every meals there? Now, I'm really broke and the fact that you left me no money for my own lunch. How can you do this to your buddy?! Your OWN shikshin buddy?!"

 

"nom nom nom" Yoona was literally munching on her food with matching sounds, she paid no attention on the latter.

 

Sooyoung tried using her chopsticks to reach for a rice cake but Yoona beat her to it and smashed her hand with the spoon she's holding making Sooyoung's chopsticks fly out in the air before hitting the floor.

 

"YOU SNEAKY PIG!!!"

 

Yoona shouted, foods flying out of to the latter's face. She took her own chopsticks and took the rice cake Sooyoung was aiming for and told the latter to open .

 

"Say aaaah~" Yoona ordered cutely.

 

"Bipolar pig." Sooyoung thought but opened anyway. Yoona carelessly shoved the whole rice cake into , slightly choking the girl.

 

"Yah!!"

 

"What?" Didn't you ask for it?." Yoona smiled while still munching.

 

After their lunch everything went smoothly until it was time for them to go home. Sooyoung was ranting all through out the way, she was whining about her allowance and not having her precious lunch.

 

"Okay okay! Stop it! I'll cook for you later, at your condo!" Yoona said, slightly irritated. Sooyoung just grins and hugs Yoona.

 

"Gomawo Yoongie~"

 

—————————————————————————————————————

 

Yoona was now preparing their dinner while Sooyoung's lazing around playing with her xbox instead of helping the other.

 

"Hey, c'mon. Dinner's cool!" Yoona called out.

 

Sooyoung flashed looking like a running twig. The other just smiled at sight. Sooyoung dragged her down to sit next to her and told her that they could eat together. Their dinner lasted until Yoona had to go home but the other took a hold of her and took her phone. Yoona just let her, Sooyoung called the latter's parents and told them that she'd have a night over in her condo which the other's parents agreed to.

 

The two are now in Sooyoung's room, both just finished showering. Sooyoung lent some of her clothes to Yoona fully aware of having the same body.

 

"Youngie? Still up?" Lying on the bed, facing the ceiling, Yoona asked.

 

"Hmm~ can't sleep since you're there. You might go crazy and me for all I know."

 

"Dream on, dude! I'd rather myself, you don't even have the s. Flat chested twig!"

 

"Hahaha~ look who's talking. If I know yours are just like mine or maybe even worse. Plywood!"

 

Yoona just scoffed at their silliness. The mood suddenly went down and everything was now enveloped in silence.

 

"Soo? Uncle never knew who your first love was, right?" Yoona started again, this time in a serious manner.

 

"Yeah, he never really cared." a minute of silence before Yoona asked again.

 

"So... he just made the two of you break up without knowing?"

 

The latter nodded before continuing.

 

"He never asked, all he knew was she was a she. Then that's it. I've known from the start that everything's not going to be easy for the two of "us" since mom's the only one who supported what "we" had." Sooyoung answered with a quivering voice.

 

Back then, Sooyoung was in a relationship, she was forced to keep it from everyone including her parents because it wasn't the "normal relationship" everyone was expecting her to have. But when her mom got diagnosed with cancer, she felt the responsibility of at least telling her. The latter did not oppose but rather supported her. She knew that later on she's gonna have to tell her father too. That was after her mom died.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Appa, can we talk?" Sooyoung came home from school. Before going home, she decided to talk to her girlfriend, telling her what she was planning.

 

"What is it, Sooyoung?" Her dad answered without looking.

 

"Appa.. I.. I.. a-am with s-someone." Stuttering like hell. She gulped waiting for her father's response.

 

Her father looked up, peeling his eyes off from what he was doing.

 

"That's..."

 

"... Good to hear, Sooyoung-ah" he continued.

 

Sooyoung felt like something was thrown off from her shoulders when she heard the positive response.

 

"Mind if you tell me more about him?" That was it, the problem.

 

"Appa, it isn't a he." She looked down and whispered but still enough for her father to catch.

 

"What do you mean? You're not saying that you're in a relationship with a woman, are you? Her father asked in a stern voice.

 

Sooyoung kept her eyes on the floor, suddenly feeling like it was the most interesting thing around her. She felt her father shifting from his place, taking strides towards her until a loud slap was heard. Tears slowly making its way out of her eyes.

 

"IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO BE THE STAIN OF THIS FAMILY THEN FORGET THAT YOU EVER HAD ONE!! I AND YOUR MOTHER NEVER TOOK CARE OF YOU JUST FOR YOU TO GROW UP LIKE A DISGUSTING PEASANT!!" Her father screamed on her face, as if rubbing it in for her to understand.

 

That was it. She knew that she better end what she has with the girl. The very next day, she broke up with "her" without any explanation. What Sooyoung didn't know was that the girl was going to leave the country after a month, the girl planned on telling her this, on the very same day. But after the break up, she decided to keep it and left after the silently.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Bringing up this topic was like opening a fully healed wound all over again. Yoona knew she hit the wrong button the moment she felt Sooyoung shaking. Yoona shifted, moving closer to Sooyoung to envelope her in a warm hug. She felt the other's pain when she saw the latter's puffy and swollen eyes.

 

"Mianhe~" she cooed before burying Sooyoung's face into her neck. She felt her crying uncontrollably until slumber took over the crying girl. Yoona kissed Sooyoung's crown before going to her own slumber.

 

————————————————————————————————————— 

 

"Sooyoung-ah."

 

"..."

 

"Sooyoung-ah, I'm sorry. Appa, didn't mean to lay a hand on you. Things are not working well for our company."

 

Sooyoung smirked.

 

"Company again. As expected, shouldn't have come here at the first place." Sooyoung thought. She just let her father talk, she never really paid him her full attention ever since she came in.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, you know that you'll take over the company soon, right? And.. the truth is our company is not in it's most stable state. I don't want to pass this burden once you take over, and as much as I hate to do this... I'm gonna have to put you into a fix marriage."

 

Put me into a FIX MARRIAGE? That was the only phrase I caught clearly.

 

"Mwo??" I asked, slightly tilting my head in confusion.

 

Without anything, the office's door opened. I didn't put effort on trying to know who the intruder was since I was still in daze after what the old dog said.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, meet your soon-to-be-wife." He said while looking to the intruder.

 

Huh? Confusion' was starting to eat me but I still managed to turn my head.

 

And there I saw "her"

 

My ex-girlfriend

 

My first love

 

"J-jes.. s-sica." my mouth involuntary mumbled.

 

"Jessica Jung SooYeon" I heard the bastard say.