Roommate

Abrupt Love

Sehun glanced up at the tiny numbers on the upper right hand corner of his computer screen, and slowed his typing. It was much later than he thought. He carefully closed the lid of his laptop, and set it down on the desk in front of him. He sighed loudly, hoping his roommate would hear him and come out, but similar to the last few weeks, his room door stayed closed.

He had just recently gotten a roommate, and when he first got the letter from the main office, he was exhilarated. Visions from movies and books where roommates had bonded instantly, and sustained a life-long friendship spiraled through his mind. Yet, the sad reality was the polar opposite of the perception he had. Sehun had only briefly seen his roommate once, the first day he moved in. He remembered the day clearly, probably because it was only a few weeks ago.

Sehun paced around the main room of his dorm, making last minute checks on everything, making sure everything was perfect for when his roommate arrived. He eagerly checked his watch. Sehun sighed discontendedly and ruffled his hair. He should be here by now. 

"Just relax. He'll be here soon." he told himself assuredly. He took a deep breath and plopped himself down into the chair by the door. 

Then, there came a tentative knock on the door, barely loud enough to hear. Sehun jumped up, and swung the door open. There stood the exact opposite of what Sehun had expected out of his new best friend. He could barely see his face; his gray beanie was pulled down far over his face, and his jacket collar was pulled up. Not to mention his terrible posture that kept his face towards the ground. 

"Hi..." Sehun tried to get him talking. He stepped aside, welcoming him inside. His roommate shuffled inside mumbling incoherent words about how the office had sent him here and if he got the right room.

"I, uh," Sehun, at a loss for words, forgot his new roommate's name. He turned, and shuffled for the papers that had been sent to him containing the information about this stranger. 

"I'm Luhan." the stranger said stiffly, sticking his hand out. 

"Oh. Oh! Hi, it's nice to meet you, Luhan. I'm Sehun." Pleased, Sehun grasped his hand and joyously shook it. "That's your room over there." Sehun pointed to the first door at the hallway. Luhan nodded and shuffled away towards it, dragging his duffel bag. 

"Do you, uh, do you have any more stuff?" Sehun called after him. Just a duffel bag seemed inadequate for the demand of stuff college seemed to need you to have. But, Luhan just shook his head. 

Sehun sat down again, thinking about what just happened. It certaintly wasn't what he expected, but maybe Luhan would talk to him more after they got more acquuainted. They had just met, after all.

Sehun raised himself out of his chair, stretching out his arms wearily, then headed off to bed, hoping Luhan would come out of his room tomorrow.