Final

Birthday present

Word count: 799

-♥-

 

"What about this one Yixing-ah?" Joonmyeon asked his husband while raising a big white stuffed toy. 


"I may be forgetful but you bought the same thing for her last two years my dear." Yixing replied while looking to his husband. 


"Oh. Yes I remember. Mr. Honey Bunch right?" He replied then returned the bear to its original place. 


"No. It's Honey Bear. Not Honey Bunch. And they said I am the forgetful one. Great." Yixing said in disbelief. 


"It's okay dear. We both know you really are." He replied patting his husband's back. 

 


"I hate you." Yixing said then rolled his eyes making Joonmyeon chuckled. 


"You wanna eat first? We've been walking and finding for her gift for almost 2 hours now." Joonmyeon suggested earning a approval nod from Yixing. 

 

 

They decided to have a small break on a bubble tea store in the mall which is owned by their fellow bandmate Sehun and his husband Luhan. It is just one of hundreds of branch that is scattered all around Korea. 

 

"What about a pink dress?" 


"She already has many. I mean dozens of that."


"A diary?"


"Joonmyeon you know I love you but she's only five are you expecting her to write something on her diary?" 


"This is frustrating." Joonmyeon said in defeat while ruffling his hair. 


"It is much easier to give her a present when she was 1 or 2. She just accept everything we gave her." Yixing nod and said.

 

"I agree." He said and sighed. "What about a blue dress? or a yellow one?. Can I just give her a signed old album of us? God. This is really frustrating." He thought

 

 


They've been thinking for a great gift to give to their daughter for her upcoming 5th birthday. First they though it's easy but then they realized it's not. 

 

Their daughter is growing up. And this time toys are not enough.

 


A lot of suggestion came up to Joonmyeon's mind then suddenly he heard a silent sob in front of him. 


"Oh God. Yixing-ah why are you crying? Are you okay? Did something happened?" Joonmyeon bombarded his husband a lot of question probably shocked because he saw his lover crying. The younger chuckled and said, 


"It's nothing hyung. I'm just happy." 


"Happy? But you're crying!" He said still worrying. 


"I'm just really happy Joonmyeon-ah. I can't believe it's been half a decade since we first held her. She's so small and fragile but whenever I look at her now I feel like crying. She's so big and beautiful. I am very happy. Thank you Joonmyeon. Thank you so much." Yixing said while letting his tears fell through his cheeks. 


"We raised her really good right? " Joonmyeon said wiping his lover's tears. 


"But I can say that am the thankful one because you said yes when I proposed to you. You still remember?" 


"Yes. It is so magical. Then we got married and adopted her. I am really happy. I love you Joonmyeon-ssi. Thank you." the chinese boy said voice still hoarse from crying.

 

"I love you too so much dear. Now stop crying and lets find her a gift okay?" Joonmyeon said smilling to Yixing. 


"Okay.." He gladly replied. 

 


--

 


"Oh my god. Daddy, Papa thank you so much!" Mei Ling said as soon as she recieved her gift from her parents. Her parents have asked her if she wanted to throw a birthday party but she replied a very happy "no". She said she just wanted to have alone time with them that made her parents glad because they realized that their daughter's mind is really matured for her age to think something like that.


"You like that baby?" Joonmyeon asked her daughter. 


"Yes papa. I like this so much. Thank you" She answered while peppering his papa butterfly kisses.


"How about me?" Yixing pouted.


"Of course daddy you too." Mei Ling said turning to his daddy and kissed him. 


"You're really amazing Yixing-ah. I'm glad I am married to you. They should be all jealous to me. I'm lucky" the older said proudly. 


"Nah, That's nothing. I just thought how does it feel like teaching your own child how to play piano since my mom did the same before. I'm happy she liked it." Yixing smiled admiring her daughter's figure while pressing the music keys.

 

"That sounds so nice. God I am really in love with you." Joonmyeon said then kissed his husband's lips. 


"I'm really in love with you too." He replied returning the kiss to his lover. 

 

 

"Eww Papa, Daddy so disgusting. Get a room!" Mei Ling said closing her eyes making her parents laugh. 

 

 

 


"But I love the two of you so much. Mei Ling is very lucky." She added smilling.

 


Yixing cried once again.