Final

Protect Her

They met at a company party. She was 4 and he was also 4. She went outside to play with the fountain. She didn’t pay attention to what was around her. She just walked happily like it’s her own world. But then, she didn’t know she just stepped on the dog owned by the owner of the mansion.

It barked and chased her. Suddenly she fell on the ground. She hurt her ankle and it was bleeding. She was helpless. So she closed her eyes and just wait for the dog to do its thing. But nothing happened. Then she heard a voice.

“I’ll protect you always.” His smile was bright and honest as he said those words to the girl.

Since that day they became best of friends.

*     *     *

They were 9 that time. They went to a summer camp. It was their last activity for the day. Before the activity, they ate together.

“Hey, you know what’s the last activity for the day?” the boy said.

“Hmmm.. “ the girl guessed.

“It’s jungle trekking.” He answered.

“Is that true?” the girl couldn’t believe it. “I’m afraid of the jungle.” She said in a scared voice.

“Don’t worry.” He said. “I’ll protect you always.”

*     *     *

The boy had soccer practice before he and the girl go back home together. This time, they were 10 The girl sat down at a bench outside of school while waiting for the boy to finish. She took her earphones out and plug it into her phone. In just a flash. A group of guys started gathering around her. She quickly stood up. She tried to  run. But one of the guys took her hand and pulled her. Her heart was pounding really hard. She was scared of what is about to happen. She wanted to yell but she can’t seem to speak her voice out.

Suddenly a guy yelled and punch two of the guys at the same time. The girl didn’t know what to do. She fell on the ground trying to gather all her sense back. Then she felt a pain in her head. It was really painful. But that wasn’t important that time.

The guy went closer to the girl. It was her best friend.

“I’m sorry I left you alone.” He said and kneeled down and hug the girl. The girl was in tears while panting.

“I’ll always protect you.”

*     *     *

It was summer holiday. At this time both of them were 12. She threw her body on the bed and a fan was beside her to keep away the summer heat. Her phone was vibrating. It was a text from the boy.

“Hey, can we meet at the cafe this afternoon? I have something important to tell you.”

The girl replied,

“Okay, sure. See you later ! :)”

It was already afternoon and the girl went to the cafe. After five minutes of waiting, she finally saw the boy’s figure coming into the cafe. She was glad to see him. But someone was behind him. It was a girl.

They sat down. But the girl felt different.

“Meet my new girlfriend,” the boy said. “Hi. Nice to meet you.” his girlfriend said.

The girl stuttered and said “N..nice to meet you too.” the girl felt really different. She felt like she was being replaced. She felt really hurt. She felt jealous.

After everything, the couple left her alone at the cafe. She felt that pain in her head again. But she paid no attention to it. She just felt her heart feeling hurt.

*     *     *

Now, both of them were 13. The boy’s girlfriend wanted to meet her. The girl waited at the park. Not many people were there. After ten minutes of waiting, the boy’s girlfriend finally showed up.

“Hey, you.” The girlfriend said. The girl was startled by the way of her greeting.

“I want you to be far away from my boyfriend. I hate seeing you both together. I really hate it” She said in a rude tone. “If you don’t, I will let my people make your life miserable.” Then she left and the girl was there alone. She felt scared and also weak. But she quickly ran and ran until she reached the boy’s house. She saw the boy outside.

“I need to tell you something.” She said, panting hard. “Please break up with your girlfriend. She’s not what you think she is.”

“What are you talking about ?!” he raised his voice. “Stop talking nonsense !”

The girl was surprised as she never saw the boy that mad before. “I’m tell...telling you. Please !”

“Stop it !” he shouted.

“I’m telling you the truth ! Believe me !” she told him.

“If you’re telling me this just because you’re jealous, then stop it. If you won’t, then from now on, don’t ever call or see me again !” he shouted.

The girl stood there and couldn’t believe what he said. “But.. But I’m telling you the truth !”

“That’s it ! From now on, don’t ever talk or meet me anymore ! From now on, we’re strangers !” he said and stormed in his house.

Without knowing, warm tears started rolling down her cheeks. She ran home with tears and locked herself up in her room. Her parents knocked her door, but she didn’t care about that. At that moment, the pain in her head came back again. This time, she really couldn’t stand the pain. She tried to stand up properly by pressing gravity on a table. But that didn’t work. Everything fell down to the ground. She heard a hard thud and the last thing she saw was her parents grabbing her in tears. Before she knew it, she fainted at the scene.

That night, the girl’s parents called the boy’s parents and told everything what had happened. They quickly rushed to the hospital. The boy was really worried. His heart was pounding really hard. He also regretted the moment when he said those words to her. Now, he knew . His girlfriend was the bad person. He overheard his girlfriend’s conversation with her friends. He was so mad at her. That day, they broke up with each other.

The boy’s family arrived at the hospital. But the boy was not ready to face the girl. He was afraid.

After a few minutes, the boy gathered all his courage and went in the room. The girl was awake. She was smiling.

“Uhmm.. Could you guys leave us alone for a minute?” the girl said.

“Sure, darling.” Her father replied.

“Hey,” she said while smiling weakly.

“He..Hey..” he replied looking down to the floor. “Look. I’m sorry for what I’ve said.”

“No. Don’t be. I’ve forgiven you.” the girl replied. “Also, I don’t want to ruin our friendship. We’ve been my friend since little.”

“Speaking of little, I really missed those times when we always go everywhere together and that only made trouble and we would just laugh about it.” They both giggled.

“Hey, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I was actually sick.” The girl spoke “I’m really sorry...”

He then replied “Don’t be. Everything’s gonna be okay. You’re going to be just fine, okay?”

“I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks for being there for me. You’re the greatest buddy I have ever had.” Then warm tears started rolling down her pale cheeks.

“No. NO ! You’re going to be okay. PLEASE ! Stay with me !” he said in a trembling voice

“And.. hey, th.. thanks for protecting me all these years. Also, I wanted t.. to say .. I... love .. you...”those were the last words from the girl.

The boy yelled and screamed in frustration. His tears start falling down. He was mad at himself. At that time, their parents went in to check what was going on. The girls parents yelled for the doctors. Doctor and nurses rushed to the room. The doctor checked the girls condition. The doctor looked down and told them that she’s gone. All of them was devastated. Especially the boy.

*     *     *

It was her funeral. Family and friends came and paid their respects. The atmosphere was really down. They just can’t believe that such a great person left from their lives. After the funeral service had ended, the boy went closer to the girls grave. His knees trembled down to the ground. His tears fell down again.

“I’m s.. sorry... I’m so sorry ! I’m sorry be... because I couldn’t protect you before you were gone... I miss you.. “ he said sobbing. He then realised. His true feelings towards her. She wasn’t ‘just a friend’ to him. He actually love her. But it’s too late now. All because he couldn’t protect her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Hey guys ! Thanks for reading my story ! Leave a comment below. Tell me what did you think about the story ^-^

"You're young and you're going to keep growing. Just remember to keep getting better everyday" ;) 

Have a lovely and blessed day :) God bless you awesome people ^3^