Blue

The Color Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Color Blue

 

 

"Hey, Jessica."

 

Blinking groggily and stirring gently from the arms encircling her waist, Jessica cracked open her eyes and stared at the wall across her, the lack of light forcing her to blink a few times before she was able to properly view her surroundings.

 

"...Soo?"

 

Tilting her head upwards, her eyes quickly glanced over the digital clock and she stared suspiciously at the blinking green numbers.

 

"Soo, its 3:42 am."

 

"Yeah"

 

"…Soo?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Is there a reason you woke me up?"

 

"Yeah"

 

The room returned to its previous quiet state, the state it was in before Jessica was so rudely awoken in the middle of an interesting dream involving Sooyoung, some handcuffs and a can of whipped cream.

 

"Hey what color do I remind you of?"

 

Taken by surprise and immediately breaking her train of thought, Jessica stared at the wall for another few seconds before she shifted around and faced Sooyoung, their noses a few mere inches away from touching each other.

 

For one of the very few times in her life, Jessica was speechless.

 

"Are you meaning to tell me you woke me past midnight to ask me…what color you remind me of?"

 

Sooyoung heard the tone of annoyance between the many layers of strained politeness and thought to rephrase her words but found herself speaking before she could manage a coherent, safe, and smart response.

 

"Uh…yeah"

 

Jessica stared in to Sooyoung’s eyes, which almost seemed to glow under the moons luminous glow.

 

Sneaking her arm around Sooyoung's waist, she dug her face in the crook of her neck and slipped a small smile as Sooyoung involuntarily moved closer and snuck her leg in between Jessica’s thighs. Jessica gave her a few more seconds before she swiftly slid her hand on Sooyoung's rib and twisted a perfectly smooth piece of flesh.

 

"What the—OW!!"

 

Abruptly dropping her hands off Jessica, Sooyoung began to fondle her rib and gave Jessica a facial expression which was mixed with shock and annoyance, in which Jessica responded by back at her with an even bigger smile and a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

 

"That hurt!" Sooyoung whined.

 

"I kind of meant it to, Soo."

 

Sighing at Sooyoung's face, which was now contorted to a small reluctant pout, she closed the distance between them and snuggled up to her, rewrapping her arms around her and placing her chin atop Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

"Now that we've got that established, let's go back to sleep."

 

Sooyoung huffed before giving in and tightening her grasp on Jessica’s thin waist and out of habit, slung her right leg on top of Jessica’s.

 

The room returned to its quiet comfortable state for a few lingering moments before Sooyoung's curiosity got the better of her, and spoke again.

 

"No really, Sica, what color do I remind you of anyway?"

 

Puffing lightly in exasperation, Jessica shoved away her annoyance for the time being and kept her chin on top of Sooyoung's shoulder. Instead of advancing the situation with physical pain as revenge, she had other plans, as she lazily began to trace patterns on Sooyoung’s with the tips of her fingers.

 

"Why do you want to know so bad Soo? And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter