It's cold

Cold

I'm freezing. It's too cold. Too cold a feeling from your heart. What exactly happened that made me lost in this horrendous storm? 

The sky was filled with lightnings followed by thunders. The heavy downpour didn't seem to stop any time soon. The pitter-patter of the raindrops against the windows sounded like cries of agony. Just like my mind.

The school hallways was still lighted up, though it's already night time. Extra classes are held everyday in classrooms but it feels as if everyone had left me alone here in this classroom today. Leaving the corridors silent, the classroom silent.

The desks are arranged neatly in rows and columns. The lights are brightly lit up but there was no sign of life here. I stared at the empty blackboard ahead of me. Everything seemed to be in place but in reality, I know it's not. My life is messed up. 

Being a senior is hard. At least 5 thick textbooks are waiting for me at home to be read. And at the end of the year, everything was to be tested. Extra classes didn't seem enough. 24 hours a day is not enough. Time is ticking. Time is running out.

To add on to it, all my friends had left me, for god knows what reason. They're all acting weird around me and I got the feeling that they no longer accept me. They must think I'm crazy but believe me, I'm not. I don't care what they think of me. I'm just really very sad and depressed over what had happened.

My long time boyfriend of 3 years entered the room without sound, but he was heaving. His hair is wet and disheveled, sticking against his face. His chest heaved up and then back down several times. His hands were propped against the door for support. He must have ran in the rain. He must have been worried about me ever since that day. He is the only one I've got.

"Jin." I acknowledged him as I smiled weakly.

He smiled back. That angelic smile I miss so much. I can almost see a halo floating above his head. Again, without a word, he took silent steps towards me. He encircled his arms around me, embracing me from the back. My hands turned clammy as I gripped on his strong arms for support. I can feel his gentle smile against my skin as he kissed my cheek.

I stood up and took his left hand with my right, interlacing our fingers and then lead him up the stairs. He just followed, probably because he didn't want to make me feel any worse by protesting. He knows I'm not in the best state and this is the way he shows his support. 

We reached the rooftop, our favourite hangout place in school. Before my eyes, I saw a flashback to when Jin and I skipped classes together and spent our time here instead. How he fed me his own home-cooked food. And how we hid behind the walls when the teachers came to find us.

A tear trickled down my already wet face from the rain or my tears, I'm not sure. By the time I got back to reality, I was already at the edge of the roof glancing 5 floors down. 

My heart beat picked up. Terrified from both the height and the sudden realization of how serious this situation is. How I finally ended up in this condition. The lightnings and thunders continued. I turned to my right only to find the space beside me empty.

I breathed in the cold air, hiccuping. 

"Jin, why did you have to leave me?"