Final

Office Romance

"And then he just left." Eunji  poured about a cup of cream into her coffee, "Like come on, you can't just leave after a night like that!"

"Ew!" I smacked her arm, "Don't talk about this stuff at work." I set my mug down on the counter.

We were in the middle of the break room at work and Eunji was talking about her adventures at the club the night before.

"You should come next time." she pouted and took a sip of her coffee.

I rolled my eyes, "You know I'm not big on clubs."

"Yah," She sat down at one of the tables and pulled out her phone, "You're no fun."

I chuckled and leaned against the counter.

Just then, my coworkers, Mark and Jaebum, walked in. I almost choked on my coffee effectively spilling a little on my sweater.

"Great." I muttered under my breath grabbing some napkins.

"Hey, girls." Jaebum smirked and took out a box from the fridge.

"Ew, Jaebum, could you not?" Eunji frowned as he winked at her.

Mark walked towards me and my breath caught in my throat. I looked down at my coffee pretending to be way too into it so he wouldn't see me blushing. He stopped in front of me and I heard him clear his throat.

"Hey." he said softly. He was never a loud person.

I blushed madly, still looking everywhere but him, "Hey to you too."

I could tell he was smiling, "Umm could you-uh-move?"

"W-what?" I finally looked up at him.

"I need to get to the coffee." He motioned to the half empty pot behind me on the counter.

"Oh right, sorry." I went to move right but he did the same. I then moved left and he did too. There was a jumbled mess of sorries and excuse mes as he finally grabbed my shoulders and moved me to one side. I frowned at the loss of warmth as his hands left me.

I quickly exited the break room forgetting all about Eunji. When I sat down at my desk I sighed mentally slapping myself for acting so stupid in front of him, yet again.

Mark sat down at his desk a few feet away and I took the opportunity to stare at him. The sleeves of his oxford were rolled up just below his elbow to reveal his lightly sculpted forearms.  His black slacks hung down beautifully especially around his bu-

"Yah!"

A shrill voice woke me from my daydreaming and I turned to see Eunji looking where I just was.

"Could you guys stop being so awkward and just date already?" She sat down at her desk next me and wiggled her mouse.

I pretended not to care, "There's nothing going on between us."

"Yeah sure." She smirked.

*************************************************************************************

The next day I arrived at work, early as usual, only to see Mark sitting at his desk. He had his suit jacket on as well as his glasses. I wanted to cry because of how beautiful he looked in a suit. He looked so hot. So manly. So-

"Here early?" he spoke as I passed him effectively pulling me out of my daydreams.

He swiveled around in his chair as I put my stuff on my desk, "Always!" I chirped a little too enthusiastically, "Early bird gets the worms." I mentally punched myself after I said that.

He chuckled, "Hey."

"Yes." I sat down finally getting off my shaky feet.

He bit his lip playing with his tie, "Are you coming to the office party tonight?"

"The what?" I looked over at my calendar and mentally groaned, "Ah, I totally forgot!"
I couldn't be sure but I thought I saw his face fall for a moment, "Oh, never mind then. It's-"
"No, I can go." I spoke overtop f him.

He looked at me wide eyed, "What?"
I took a deep breath, "I'll go tonight."

He smiled. His dazzling face shooting me in the heart, "I can pick you up."
A blush spread across my face, "You don't have t-"
"I want to."

I sighed, "Sure. I'll email you my address."

His smile grew, "Yeah. I'll pick you up at 7, ok?"
I nodded. He turned around as more of our coworkers began to come in.

Eunji came in and sat down, "What are you so smilely about?"

"Oh." I blushed covering my mouth with my hand, "Nothing."

She rolled her eyes.

"Eunji?"

She nodded.

"I need help something to wear for the office party tonight."

*************************************************************************************

I stared at myself in the mirror. Eunji had given me a tight black dress that stopped mid thigh. The collar was bejeweled along with the ends of each sleeve. I straightened my hair and even put on some eyeliner.

"Nope, no." I began to walk to my closet to pick out a pair of pants when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked over at the clock. 7:00 PM
"Why is he so punctual?" I mumbled to myself  as I slipped on my heels. I grabbed my jacket and bag and ran to the door.

I opened to door only for my hello to be caught in my throat. Mark looked good. The epitome of good. In fact, you'd have to redefine what good meant to describe him. He had on a white low neck t-shirt that showed off his collarbones and a leather jacket with buckles everywhere. His skinny jeans hugged all the right places and his white sneakers shown bright.

I guess  I was blatantly checking him out because he cleared his throat loudly. My eyes snapped up to his and I blushed madly.

"You look great." I mumbled closing the door behind me.

"You too." he replied quietly as he helped me down the stairs and into his car.

The car ride was silent but comfortable. The inside smelled like his cologne and coffee. Finally we pulled up at the party which was, to my surprise, at a club. We stepped out of the car and Mark took my hand guiding me inside.

The loud music rumbled through my bones as we weaved through the crowd trying to find everyone. We finally found everyone in the corner taking up a couple of tables. Eunji smirked at me and whispered something to Jaebum who looked over at us.

"So.." Eunji took my arm and wriggled her eyebrows, "You and Mark?"

"How about you and Jaebum." I tried to change the subject.

She giggled, "He's a sleazebag but he sure is hot and I'll know more about him later." she winked at me.

"Ew!" I laughed and hit her arm.

Eunji went off to dance and I sat down at the table and ordered a sprite. Oh yeah did I mention I'm quite a lot of fun... I looked over to see a crowd forming. Curiosity pulled me over and I stood on my tip toes to see what everyone was looking at. I almost dropped my glass when I saw Mark and Jaebum in the middle of the floor doing tricks and stunts. How was that the same shy guy at work who could barely look people in the eye? Now he was smirking and biting his lip and dancing something  a whole lot of y. The song ended and he and Jaebum bowed and walked away. Still in shock, I sat there trying to decipher if I had just seen Mark or his long lost twin when I felt someone grab me from behind. I whirled around only to be met by the stench of too much alcohol.

"Hey babe." a man stared down at me. His eyes were hooded and his bangs were falling in front of his face. I tried to get out of grip but he only pulled me closer to him.

"Wanna have some fun?" he whispered in my ear and I put my hands on his chest trying to push him away.

"No thanks." I mumbled, "C-could you let me go?"

He laughed, "Did you say let's go?" he slurred running his nose up my neck.

"Hey!"

I looked over to see Mark glaring at the man, "You need to let her go, man."
The man only sneered and ran his hands down my back and to my . I gasped and punched him on the chest, "Says who."

Mark stalked over to us and ripped the man arms from me. I stumbled back dropping my soda shattering glass everywhere. Mark grabbed the man by his shirt and brought his face to the man's ear. He kept talking and I saw the man's face go from playful to scared. Mark let him go and the man scrambled away into the crowd.

Suddenly I was surrounded by another pair of arms, but this time I didn't struggled. I knew who it was. I could smell Mark's cologne as he pulled me through the crowd.

"Let's go." he whispered.

*************************************************************************************

We sat in a booth in a late night coffee shop. I brought the coffee up to my lips and inhaled the heavenly aroma.

Mark cleared his throat beside me, "I'm sorry about what happened. I should have watched you."
I frowned, "It's ok. I'm an adult it's not your job."

"But it's my job to take care of those I care about." he mumbled.

I was afraid I didn't hear him right, "You care about?" I set my cup on the table and he did the same.

He turned to me the blush on his cheeks more evident than before. He brought his hand up to my face and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"I like you, ok?" He caressed my cheek, "Every time I'm around you I get so nervous and I stutter or I trip and I fall. I make a fool of myself because I really do care about you."

I smiled feeling my heart thump in my chest, "I like you too."

He smiled and brought his face forward. I closed my eyes and I felt him come closer. His breath fanned across my face, the smell of coffee greeted me. Finally he closed the space between us. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. My hands rested on his shoulders.

"Yah!" someone yelled. Their voice reverberated  throughout the small cafe.

We quickly pulled away from each other. I could feel my face flaming as I kneaded my hands in my lap.

"Take that somewhere else." one of the employees yelled at us.

Mark laughed and kissed my forehead, "You're mine now. You're all I see."

"What is everyone at work going to say?" I stared up at him.

"Let them talk." he brought me closer. I nodded placing my head on his shoulder as I picked up my cup enjoying the warmth that it radiated and the warmth that came from Mark.