If Only Sorry Could Change Anything

If Only Sorry Could Change Anything
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: If Only Sorry Could Change Anything

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: DongHye (ZE:A’s Dongjun and OC Daehye)

Genre: Drama, Romance, Angst

 

~~*~~

Just to clarify, dongjun and daehye are both students in the music department from the same university

Enjoy~

Ps. Im sorry there isn’t a lot of romance.. o.o

 

~~*~~

 

Daehye left her fingers on the piano as the last note echoed around the room. She smiled and began packing up her sheet notes and stuff into her back. It was dark outside already and she was probably the only one left in music room. She flicked off the light and locked up before walking briskly across her university campus to get home.

 

Daehye was a very hardworking and passionate pianist student who was already very skilful at her young age. Her dream was to become a professional pianist and that was about to come true. The Korean Orchestral Association was holding their pianist auditions tomorrow, picking only the best ten to take as trainees to become future professional pianists. Daehye had been practising non-stop the past few months to perfect her piece and she was very excited for the audition tomorrow. If she was chosen, her dream would already be half way true!

 

Turning around a corner, Daehye’s eyes widened as a drunk guy came stumbling towards her. She tried to sidestep around him but before she knew it, he had crashed into her and sent her tumbling to the ground. She cried out in pain as she fell hard, onto her arm. Groaning, Daehye pushed the guy off her roughly and tried to push herself up off the ground. However her right arm crumpled and she whimpered as the pain caught up to her. She tried moving her right arm around but it just sent waves of pain through her body.

 

Reaching into her pocket, she retrieved her phone and quickly dialled the ambulance while trying to overcome the piercing pain in her arm. She glared over at the drunk guy who was stumbling around trying to get up. Soon after, an ambulance pulled up and Daehye was whisked away to the hospital for treatment.

 

*~*

“Young lady, you’ll have to rest well and make sure not to move that arm around for the next month.” The doctor told Daehye. However she didn’t take this news very well.

 

“MONTH?! But I have a piano audition tomorrow! I have to play!” She exclaimed desperately. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, she couldn’t miss it!!

 

“I’m so sorry, but you won’t be able to play tomorrow.” The doctor replied before bowing and leaving. Daehye sighed in frustration and plopped down onto a seat dejectedly. That stupid drunk just had to bump into her didn’t he. Now look what he did! Tears gathered in her eyes and slipped over her cheeks. Why did it have to be her out of all people?

 

*~*

The next day, Daehye still went to university but the bright shine in her eyes had disappeared. Up until yesterday, she had been ecstatic about the audition but since last night’s ordeal, she had lost all the happiness in her.

 

Sitting in the music room, Daehye ran her left hand across the piano keys and sighed heavily. Tears dropped onto the keys. Her dream just shattered like that. Of course she could always try again next time… but the next audition was in five years.

 

Suddenly the door to the music room opened and a familiar person walked in. Daehye felt the anger rise in her when she saw who it was. It was that drunk guy. The one who caused her to not be able to attend the audition. Standing up abruptly, Daehye stalked angrily to the guy and stood in front of him. Without warning, she slapped him across the face with her good hand.

 

“You jerk! Why did you have to get drunk last night?! Why did you have to run into ME of all people?! You made me break my arm and now I can’t attend the piano audition. Do you even know how important that audition was to me?!” Daehye half screamed, half yelled.

 

The guy was a bit shocked at first but then he just hung his head guiltily and looked at the ground. When Daehye finished, he just mumbled an apology. It was the least he could do.

 

“I’m really sorry.”

 

Daehye’s eyes were fiery at this and she shouted again. “Do you think sorry can change

Please log in to read the full chapter