1

Love Bites

"Kim namjoon !" the scrawny looking teacher calls out names to take their attendance. He was a 58 year old man and that looks like he could faint right then and there. Its still a question to why he still has not retired, to just rest his body, mind and soul and stay like that till his heart stops beating and blow his last breath. Yet he decides to murder himself with the problematic kids that would never get their heads right up. 

"Here !" Namjoon raises his left hand to make himself both seen and heard, giving the old man a helping hand just to keep him alive, till the end of the day perhaps. "Min yoongi !" he calls out again. "Here !"
The said boy gives out a bright toothy smile. He was a bright kid. Personality wise. He is hopeless in academics, he doesn’t even have a whole timetable memorized in his little fist size brain. Min Yoongi was the class clown and as a typical class clown would be, min yoongi is playful, cheeky, and witty. To simplify it, whatever words that relates to a class clown is equaled to min yoongi. BUT a special trait he has different than the other class clowns alive was that he is also a part-time noble princess. The reason was simple really, it was because of his looks and skinny body. Wear him a wig, slap on some makeup on his white-sugary face, fit him in a girl’s clothes and you’ll be begging to get in her pants. Preferably fit him in a cocktail dress cause you’ll be wanting to see some legs from the very infamous min yoongi. 

Girls swoon over him and guys admired and envy him. Its no surprise if a guy turns the other way around just to be with him. IF you know what I mean. this was what had happened to kim namjoon.  

Kim Namjoon. He’s the Mr. Smarty Pants in class, only, he was a cool and laid back smarty pants. Exceptionally cool. For a start, he can rap and secondly he has, I quote that, a God-given talent, for dancing. He has the pop-locks, and whatever moves they call it bagged up. No one could ever do the moves as 'good' as he does it. Hidden over all of those brains, rap skills, and ‘dance talent’, was his pure feelings for this one particular boy. This pure feelings of his has been kept hidden from everyone for almost 2 years now. He rode the roller coaster ride of emotion alone without anyone knowing. No one ever suspected anything. Neither would anyone accept the actual reality.

Namjoon glances at yoongi and stares for a while. This was his daily life routine at school, admiring the angel an arm length away from him. He would sometimes unconsciously reach out his hands towards the boy of his dreams, then quickly retreating his hand back, folds them with the other and secures them under his armpits, cautious to not get caught doing weird acts by himself. But that was the first few months of finally realizing his feelings towards the latter. Now, he was an expert at controlling his actions and feelings. Which is truthfully heartbreaking. Why would he have to keep his love a secret ? He wasn’t an idol to start with. He doesn’t have fans, well not the crazy ones, neither does he have paparazzi’s tailing behind him with camera’s. Clicking the small button with every move he takes.  

He was just a normal boy. A normal boy that was peculiarly out of the ordinary. Was it so wrong to love ? 

In a flash, it was already time to get back to his boring, dull house, the presence of an angel to brighten it unseen. It wasn’t everyday, but yoongi would sometimes hang out with namjoon in his house, practicing and listening to various hip hop tracks from various rappers, learning. They both like hip hop and rap. One of the many reasons why namjoon fell for yoongi. How they clicked in an instance when music was mentioned. People would regularly come to them and ask basics on how to produce, those were the times where he was proud. They seem like a perfect couple, only to his side. To the rest of the world, the were just really good co-workers. No benefits behind it. 

"Kim namjoon ! Where are you going ?! " the class president called at him, more like shouted at him. He’s already balls about yoongi not being there with him and now someone’s shouting at him for no particular reason. "What, are you deaf ?! The bell rang, I’m going home. You might want to clean your ear, or maybe pick out those dried earwax of yours." Stepping a few steps forward, the classroom president replied back, "Its a Thursday, the new schedule says that you’re on duty with them" he nods his head to the corner of the room where a few students were standing and getting started on their duties. "Whatever you ear clogged dickhead" he whispers and grunts in anger. Stomping his way to the other kids, the classroom president starts again, "Now, where the hell is that rascal min yo—" The doors suddenly slides and made a loud thump. Behind the door was min yoongi, slouching with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. "H- Here .. I’m here." Blowing a big air out before continuing " I’m here now so you can stop missing me." The class president rolls his eyes. "Sorry, I forgot I was on duty." 

" up all those words of yours and start working. I need to see our homeroom teacher." As the class president walks out, Yoongi smiles while waving like a happy kid waving to a leaving ice cream truck after buying a double ice cream. With his mom’s money. 

namjoon’s eyes were in the biggest as they can get, not so much with his small eyes, which is currently getting drier by the second. 'Yoongi is on duty together with me ? Fckin hell yeah ! bless the world ! bless j-pope. wait what. eww. namjoon get a grip' Too immersed in his own small talks, he didn’t notice how close yoongi was getting to him. 

Yoongi stood right before him, bringing his hand up and waves at namjoon’s face. “Yo dude, you okay man ? Want me to punch you in the balls ?” He chuckled at his own words. namjoon shook his head and focuses his eyesight. “……..” “…. h- hey man are you seriously okay ? dude how many fingers am I holding now ?  huh ??” 

namjoon’s heart was beating furiously. Yoongi was much more shorter than him and its an advantage he would always take and cherish. yoongi’s sweet scent would go straight to his nostrils through every part of his senses and make him high, way more better and not to say healthier than drugs. Looking down at yoongi was heaven to his eyes. How his eyes were looking up to him making him look like a combination of a puppy and a kitty. (dont question namjoon, he is in pure ecstasy) Seeing his red plump lips so close to his own. Oh how kissable yoongi was up-close. He stood still, appreciating the view. 

The students beside them suddenly made loud and obvious cough. Flustered by it, namjoon took a few steps back whereas yoongi just stood still, blinking so innocently. “Aren’t you guys standing way to close to each other ? Oooh is the status ‘co-workers’ crawling somewhere now after those years working together ? Not to say the obvious, but its too ing weird for you two to be together. I know you both clearly know why.”

Ouch. Well that went straight to the heart. His heart, pierced with millions of needles tied together and stabbed continuously, digging holes to his heart, the hollowness gradually growing bigger and bigger. It hurts. he knew the consequences of liking yoongi. He knew some day it would happen and it would give him the biggest slap of his life. he thought he could bare with it alone. Just bare those moments for a while and after a few days after he would go back to being the kim namjoon that still loves his little min yoongi. But this. This was too much for a one man show to play a role. Half of his body lost its strength. He toughens up. But things were not done. 

"What the dude ! I’m ing straight and so is he !" Yoongi points at namjoon and looked at him. Yoongi glanced a second too fast. For that one second namjoon lost it and took his hearts feelings and expressed it. that was breaking the rules he made to himself on liking yoongi. No expression whether happy or sad, especially the latter. He lost it for that one second where yoongi missed it. He couldn’t hold it anymore. "Nothing is going on between us. Geez, can’t men have best friends. Bromances happens man. Eww don’t even mention it. Its weird to me as well ok. whatever forget this and get to work guys we have 5 minutes left, divide the work and we’ll get it finished in a jiffy." 

Oblivious to his surrounding, mostly to his own ‘best friend’, yoongi went to the chalkboard and wiped off the writings on the lesson they had today and prepared the board clean for the next day of studies. The other kids went to the tables and rearranged it, making them stay in a straight line for an easy pathway. 

Namjoon was left standing there, numb. 'kim namjoon dont. dont be a baby, happens.' ’Oh really now man ? happens then you leave it behind and full stop. No more reminiscing and crying over it’ ‘Yoongi…..after all of the things that happened, how can I just leave it behind. Isn’t this the little fights you have in a relationship for both partners to be more mature and stay longer and stronger together.’ ’You’re not even in a relationship..’ ‘……..right’

namjoon was fighting with his conscience. Its eating him alive now. they bit him, and chewed on him and now taking a big bite of it. The motion replays over and over again. Only now his hearts is soft enough. its way too soft, easy for them to take bigger and much more painful bites. Millions of it is eating his heart away, its moving everywhere and killing every part of his heart, mind and body.  

Until the end, namjoon plays his role and acts chill, a forced one that is. He helped them clean the class, staying silent the whole time they were joking around about anything they find amusing. Which mirrors everything namjoon is in a negative way. Perhaps more of a heartbreaking way. His eyes waters every time they chuckle, he feels the rain pouring in his heart every time they laugh. Thunder strikes with the rain when he sees him, laughing. Clapping and laughing away so happily. 

They finished all their duties and is nearing the school gate to part and go their own ways. The last step before he was out of the school property, yoongi sneaks from behind him and gave him a headlock. “What’s with the long face ?” Namjoon feels nothing but sorrow. “Whatever you have, hope it gets better man. See you tomorrow. Also lend me your mathematics books tomorrow. I have a family dinner to attend and I don’t think I can finish it tonight. Thanks beforehand man. See ya ~” 

"yea sure. bye" he utters just loud enough for yoongi to hear. "see you tomorrow min yoongi. See you with a new me. Nothing much really, just losing a few senses of mine. thanks for the support " namjoon whispers so slow the sound of a mosquito flying was much more evident than his own voice. He sighs and smirks sadly for the last time, before heading back to his house.