Not so ordinary day

She says she's bulletproof

Morning came after a good night sleep. Thanks to Jimin, I was able to sleep well last night. For the first time these past few days, nights for this matter, I was able to close my eyes and lay on my bed stress-free. The morning light shone upon me through the windows and also for the first time I didn't complain that it's already morning. Seems like a good day, eh? I went out of my bedroom only to saw no one in our house. Where did everybody go? Where could my mom be? Father? My brother? I—

Oops… right. I was alone here from the start. What was I thinking?

I prepped up for school and I was ready to leave when—

DING DONG!

I peeped through the peephole and saw Jimin in casual clothing. In casual clothing. Why is he not wearing his uniform?

“Yah, why are you—“ I said as soon as I opened the door but was cut by a very sharp (by sharp I mean high-pitched) laugh.

“What is wrong with you? Why are you in uniform?” He said while laughing. “Are you crazy? It’s Saturday! We don’t have classes today!”

I paused for a bit and thought. Oh? Right. It’s Saturday. But… why in the world did I think that I have classes today?

He continued to laugh at me. He poked my nose and pushed me inside my home.

What is this? I really feel there is something I have to do, and I think it’s a school thing, but I can’t seem to process it in my mind.

“Why are you here by the way, in this early morning?” I asked him.

“Early morning? It’s already nine in the morning you sleepy-head!” He sat on the couch and switched on my tv. “Have you slept well last night? Was it effective?”

“Oh, yeah. It was. But I think it sorta have this negative effect on me. I’ve been out of my mind since I woke up.”

“Eh? It’s just you. That’s normally you.” He smirked. He kept on changing the channel. “Why is there no good program today?” He immediately turned off the tv, disappointed. He looked at me like he was saying something—begging, rather. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“What?”

“Aren’t you gonna feed your visitor? I’m hungry.”

“What? What do you think of me? Your nanny? And don’t you have food in your house? Why do you always eat breakfast here every weekend?”

“Go change your clothes. You’ll gonna crumple your uniform. Such a waste.”

I scoffed. He always changes the topic every time I ask that last question.

With my defeat, for the nth time, I prepared breakfast for two after changing into my home clothes. I usually don’t eat breakfast at home especially when there is school. I manage to eat at the school cafeteria every week days. I don’t know, I just feel like it.

“Yah, have you heard that there is a transfer student that will enter our class next week? Gaah, another guy. Why can’t it be a girl this time?”

With that, I choked. Literally choked. Jimin hurriedly gave me his glass of water.

“Idiot. What’s up? Why choke all of a sudden?”

I quickly stood up. “I remembered. That’s what I was thinking that I am supposed to do today!” I chugged down everything that’s left on my bowl while standing and drank my hot choco, which is already warm. “This is your entire fault!” I ran to my bedroom and quickly re-wear my uniform.

“Entire fault? Excuse me? If I know, I’m the one who made you remember it. What is it by the way?”

“You know, as the class p.r.o., I was assigned by the president to—WHO TOLD YOU TO COME HERE IN MY ROOM!? EXCUSE ME DON’T YOU SEE THAT I AM GETTING DRESSED? GET OUT!”

“As if. I already saw all of that!” He said leaving my room.

I scoffed. “No you didn’t! EW!”

The door opened again.

“Wait, I am a p.r.o. too, aren’t I? We are partners, right? But why only you—“

“GET OUT!”

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I’m late. There was—“ I banged the door opened as I breathed heavily due to running from the campus gate to the council office.

I saw that. I. SAW. THAT.

“Oh.” She dusted her uniform. “You came?”

Of course, what does this girl expect? That I will not come?

“Yeah… because you told me to. Should I not?”

“Ah… well… you see…. I have decided that I should be the one to walk the transferee around. I know you have lots of work to do especially for the school paper, right? I’m sorry if I haven’t informed you about that.”

I peeked at the door across me. Well, if you can see, this room has another room inside—which is for the moderator of the student council, Mrs. Choi. I peeked there and saw a guy sitting in front of Mrs. Choi. A guy with an orange hair? Whut? Is that even allowed?

Ah... yeah well it is. There's even someone here who has his hair bleached platinum blonde.

Tsk tsk tsk. I knew it.

The time I opened the door and saw her adjusting her clothes especially her bra—YES, HER BRA—I knew that the transferee would be a guy. This girl.

“Okay. I’m going.” Aish, I went here for nothing ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME!?

“Ah, yes. Yes, thank you, Mrs. Choi.” I heard a very deep voice from the door to Mrs. Choi's room that has just opened the same time I opened the main door so I can go out of the council office. The voice caught me that I froze on the spot. I tried to look back to see who that guy is…..

UNFORTUNATELY, Nana blocked my view as she started to “take responsible” for the transferee. I rolled my eyes and went back to going out of the office when Mrs. Choi called me.

“Oh, Jeon Gyeoul-ssi! Is that you?” She said with her very sweet voice. And yes. You heard that right. I am winter. My name is winter. But actually, that’s not my full name. I have a four syllable name. They said it’s too long so they’re cutting it and only call me Gyeoul or literally Winter. “Gyeoul, we have a new student and he will be in your class!”

As I face their direction, my heart was pounding. What? Why am I nervous? Do I still feel awkward around guys? I thought it was effective? I quickly bowed and faced the floor for him not to see my face and for me not to see his face. Because awkward.

“Isn’t he handsome?” Oh come on, Mrs. Choi, you sounded like a mother who just saw her friend’s son.

“Hi, I’m Kim Taehyung.”