end

Personal bubble

It was a Saturday the first time Jongin sees Kyungsoo's a little too noticeable but nonetheless breathtakingly adorable eyes covered under brown fluffy hair peeking out from behind the walls. That saturday, Jongin is forced into taking care of Sehun's little cousin when Sehun suddenly gets called in for an emergency student board-meeting in the middle of playing Call of Duty. He trips over the sofa and stumbles over the dining table as he catches up to a rushing Sehun who only waves him off and slams the door to a flustered gibberish-talking Jongin who then unknowingly mastered the language of betrayal.

It was also then that:

a) Jongin starts pestering Sehun with his get to know kyungsoo 1001 (++++) questions. 

b) Sehun starts to question Jongin's being. "Jongin are you sure you're not some kind of rapid fire machine gun disguised as a human?" "Or wait, are you one of those hardcore yolo practitioners that experiments with experiences" "Are you in a cult Jongin?"

c) poor Jongin's infatuation process against Kyungsoo's mere existence starts kicking in.

d) Jongin starts volunteering (more like starts a prayer circle with his friends, wishing on a wishing star. you name it) to take care of three year old Do Kyungsoo. On the days that he is granted his wish, he becomes Zhang Yixing with a combination of Park Chanyeol and today just so happens to be one of those days. 

Jongin spins and swings his hands around him so that he looks like those helicopter propellers, giving no thought to how ridiculous he probably looks right now. This is the aftermath to when a certain 37 inch tall boy softly tugs on Jongin’s pants, demading the taller’s attention from the football match he was currently watching. Kyungsoo is all pouts and whines until Jongin gets up from the sofa, obviously unable to resist the boy and hoisting him up off the ground. 

 Kyungsoo is now sat on the sofa as he plops down onto the soft cushions and burst into a fit of giggles after attempting to hold back his laughter. Jongin stops spinning and all the while trying to regain his balance diverts his attention onto the amused little human ball curled up in front of the television.

His lips curve up into a smile and kyungsoo pushes himself up with his hands, tottering on his feet as he tries to balance himself. It’s almost impossible for him to move with the cushions swallowing up his feet everytime he takes a step towards Jongin.

“hyung hyung!! do that again!!” kyungsoo pads towards Jongin’s direction carefully and unsuccessfully mimics the helicopter propeller motion. The ooo sounds that kyungsoo makes has Jongin in a daze as he intently watches the 3 year old kid. 

Jongin obliges and spins around again but this time making a statement that that was his personal bubble. A curious kyungsoo tilts his head to the side.

“What’s a personal bubble hyung?”

Jongin moves close enough to slip a hand around kyungsoo’s waist to carefully pick him up off the sofa and hold him up in his arms. Jongin lets Kyungsoo snuggle up against his neck, shivering at the sudden warmth that dances up his spine. 

“A personal bubble is a person’s personal space. Imagine it as a bubble surrounding you and makes you feel safe.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes are focused on Jongin’s fingers that are mindlessly drawing invisible circles in the air as he nods and hums understandingly. 

“Can kyungsoo pop hyung’s personal bubble?” the 3 year old in his arms suddenly questions in the midst of Jongin’s explanations. Jongin feels like Kyungsoo takes adorable to a completely whole new level when he knits his eyebrow and looks like he’s really serious about what he’s just asked Jongin. 

Just for all the nose scrunching and knit eyebrows Kyungsoo does, he decides to play along. 

“only if it doesn’t hurt?” and Jongin bounces the lightweight on his arms for a few times when Kyungsoo’s puffs his cheeks out and nods continuously 

"kyungsoo wont hurt hyung" Kyungsoo assures Jongin with desperate wide eyes staring into Jongin's, tiny fingers balling fists on Jongin’s collar shirt and lips pursed together as he puts on the most determined face he can pull.  

it takes everything in Jongin to keep his stance and to not squeal at Kyungsoo’s adorableness. 

 “alright, do it!” and Jongin has Kyungsoo thinking that he’s nervous when he closes his eyes shut. 

Jongin later smiles when he feels soft warm skin come in contact with his cheeks. Kyungsoo has two small hands resting on either side of Jongin’s cheeks and when he inches his face closer to Jongin, Kyungsoo's flowery after shower scent is the only thing that his receptors senses.   

but Jongin doesn't expect the next thing that Kyungsoo does, because he stiffens when Kyungsoo lands a quick sloppy kiss onto Jongin's nose. A whispered kyungsoo? rolls off his tongue before he can even swallow it down because did kyungsoo just kiss his nose like no who does he think he is to be this adorable???? what do they teach these kids in preschool????

He tries to restraint himself from rolling on the floor and off to mexico but quickly decides he can do that later when Kyungsoo is in a safe enough distance away from him so he settles with letting his left arm flail helplessly beside him. 

“there it’s done! see told hyung kyungsoo wont hurt hyung" Kyungsoo grins and his eyes light up, Jongin wants to it all up and bottle it up and use it as a lightbulb.

Jongin doesn't notice Kyungsoo yawning until he tugs on Jongin's shirt, tiny fingers pointing to nowhere in particular, managing a few mumble of words in between muffled yawns as he tucks his head under Jongin's chin

Today, Kim Jongin mentally scratches off the things on his what is it about do kyungsoo that makes him want to reach for the stars list because he doesn't need to want to reach for them anymore, not when he's already got one in his arms, leaving bits by bits of consciousness behind. 

The soft rise and falls of kyungsoo's chest against Jongin's as his breathing comes to a steady pace has Jongin feeling warm, he holds onto Kyungsoo just a little bit tighter. 

 

 

Jongin also successfully rolls on the floor later that day (tho he only goes as far as until the corners of the room are poking him in the stomach) and kyungsoo is fast asleep and grabby hands are forced off Jongin's neck (but jongin's all like i dont mind that kyungsoo has me in a choke hold and )

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

..... im sorry .....  i am not in control of anything in my life anymore ;_; 

yes sehun, i am one of those hardcore yolo practitioners