Revival

Limitless Slumber
Please log in to read the full chapter
REVIVAL

To My Dearest Luhan,

Everyday I see your face, yet you don't look back.

It wasn't like that before. Are you angry at me?

I talk yet, you don't reply.

It wasn't like that before.

Did I do something wrong?

You just lay there.

Why? Everything has changed.

"Change is essential in all stages of life" You used to say, scrunching up your nose, making it seem like it was a saying by a great old man.

But not this type of change.

Every now and then there's an interval, a period of time where I chose to believe that I can move on. But that's impossible. You were the only one who treated me like I wasn't an outsider, showed me so many things, things that no one else could see. Those things that were labeled 'Ours'.

I used to wonder how great it would be if this lasted forever.

It didn't.

You never woke up.

The sun never rose.

.................

It didn't set either.

May 30th 2013 was the date they sent in the letter.

You weren't dead.

You weren't alive either.

I'd spend days at the hospital, wondering when you'd awake. When you'd spring up from bed, like it was all just a bad dream. A bad dream that lasted too long.

But you never did.

Yet you were still flawless. You're chestnut hair began to fade, but I never gave up hope.

Hope...was the only thing left. Sometimes I saw your fingers wriggle when I held them in my hand. It used to bring a smile to my barren lips. I'll be there till the end. I hope the end's not near. I have so many things to tell you. So please, please wake up, Luhanie. Like how I now own Oh Industries, kind of. Like how EXO disbanded, after all we're one.

It's been over two months now. I miss you, Luhanie. Please come back home. I'm begging you. We spent all the time we had together, but nothing could ever suffice for this.

Occasionally you used say "Hey, what you do without me?" I never expected it to be like this.

So here's your answer:

I can't. I can't go on like this.

With out you, everything is impossible.

Without you, no one even matters.

Without you. I am nothing.

To this day I believe that you'd still jump out off bed.

If you ever read this, I want you to know that I'll always love you.

No matter what. I'll be waiting.

Your's truly,

Sehun.

Tears rode down Luhan's face as he read the letter that the nurse had handed to him. It was pitiful how Luhan could have ignored the person who mattered the most.

"Nurse." He called out, his voice squeaky as a mouse.

The lady, who seemed slightly older than she should, was startled yet pleased to hear the boy speak.

"Yes, Mr. Han."

"I would like to know the whereabouts of the person who visited me quite often...um...his name was...Se-"

"Oh Sehun. Yes, he did visit here often. He was the first that was informed of your present condition." She replied, bluntly.

Luhan was at a loss for words.

What if he moved on? He did send that letter a year ago...

Luhan shook his head in disagreement of his own thoughts. The nurse chuckled at the boys antics. After all, he was in love.

He looked at himself, he seemed more pale than before, the I.V tube that was still connected to his left hand had left a numbing sensation all over his palm.

"Ah..." She looked down at her wristwatch.

"He should be here by now." The seemingly old lady smiled like a cat.

Just then the door swayed open, a bouquet walked in, well technically. The bouquet was huge, with roses and lilies. And what hid behind the flowers, was the one and only flower boy, Oh Sehun. Luhan's eyes widened to see him there, in the flesh.

"I'll be taking me leave now." Said the old, cat faced nurse, leaving the room.

Sehun placed the flowers down, near the waiting chair.

"Have you been crying?" He asked worried about his lover. Luhan nodded. More tears streamed down his cheek. Sehun walked closer to Luhan, leaning in on the bed.

"Don't cry. I'm here now." His voice was getting weaker by the minute.

"I missed you." He whispered in Luhan's ear, wrapping his arms around him...

"I'm sorry..." Said Luhan, his voice, whimpering."I'm sorry I went and did stupid things. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." The older boy recited these lines until they became a mere whisper.

"It's not your fault." Sehun felt Luhan tugging against his shirt. "Are...you afraid?"

Luhan nodded, too scared to speak.

"There's no need to be afraid. You survived. That's what matters." Luhan whimpered.

"I missed you so much."

"I'm happy." Seh

Please log in to read the full chapter