Finale

Do You Remember?

Chorong _ Do you Remember?

 

play this and read ^^

 

            She stood there watching the upcoming scenery in front of her. She shouldn't be here. She was stupid. She hated herself. She hated her heart for falling for someone that she knows she didn't have any chance with. She knows that he will never ever look at her the same way as she does. But she can't help it. She can't choose with whom she fall in love with. Her heart did! Blame her heart for that!  Her heart leaps every time he was near. Her brain can't interpret any impulse that was sending to them. Her palm gets sweaty and clammy. He didn't notice that. He didn't notice. In fact, he never did. People said when you grew up together; you got the strongest relationship ever. Yes that’s true. Sunggyu always noticed things that other people didn't noticed and vice versa.  But when it comes about her heart he never did. Either she was good at hiding or Sunggyu just plain stupid as always.

           

            She just stood there like a pole. She didn't dare to look up and watch the scene in front of her. It's hurt. She felt a thick, big wood stabbing her little heart over and over again, digging deeper. She holds her tears not wanting them to run freely across her face. She had nowhere to go to seek a help. Her best girl friend and best boy friend were hooking up together. Sunggyu ran his finger to his smooth brown hair down to his neck. Clenching and unclenching his other hand. Debating whether to ask Eunji or not. On the other hands, Eunji was blushing madly and fidgeting her hands together. 'Please let these things to be over' she thought to herself.

 

"Eunji-ya will you go out with me?" Sunggyu asked with a tremble lips. There’s go 7 words and 20 seconds that broke her heart into pieces that were shattered. She never saw him this nervous before same goes to Eunji. She already knows what Eunji will say, with that she turned her heels and walked out the school. Tears streaming down her face. She doesn't care about her looks anymore. Her mascara and eyeliner was smudge around her eyes. She kept on walking not bothering the looks that people giving to her. She was broken and nobody knows about it. Her best best friends were now happy together. She should be happy for them but this heart ... this broken heart.... can't let it happen.

 

            She sat on one of the bench at the park, watching kids playing around and joking with each other. She had already clean up her face. She doesn’t want to tell the world that heart was broken. It was worse enough when there was an ajummah in late 40s in the toilet came to her patting her back saying "Life is unfair dear, be strong... You're still young" She just stared at the kids, remembering her old times when there’s a familiar voice came intercept her trains of thoughts

 

"We used to be like that"

"Yeah we used to” she replied. Her voice was low and vulnerable. She didn't dare to look up, to meet his brown hazel eyes that almost covered by his hair.

"Chorong-ah..." That’s it! Her knees went jelly upon hearing her name rolled on his tongue. Luckily she sat on a bench or else......

 

 

"Is there anything bothering you lately?" he asked. She kept shut. Not trusting how will her voice come out.

 

"You seem to space out a lot"

 

'It's because of you'

 

"You don't talk as much as you always do"

 

'It's because of you'

 

"You don't meet my eyes when we talked"

 

'I can't or i will fall harder for you'

 

"You don't act like yourself sometimes"

 

'I act like a babo around you'

 

"Where's Park chorong that i know?"

 

'She's gone. You break her heart'

 

"Where's my lovely Chorong who always smiling?"

 

'You take away that smile...when you break my heart'

 

"I care about you Chorong-ah"

 

'But I love you Sunggyu-ah'

 

            Sunggyu can't take the silent anymore. It was hurting him. He turned to his side and grabbed her shoulder and forced her to look at him. When finally her eyes meets his, she quickly turned around and said..

 

"What are you doing here Gyu?Where's Eunji? What did she said?"

"Ahh...Eunjii.... She said she will think about it"

 

            That’s what taken her back. Honestly, she didn't expect this. She thought Eunji will accept him immediately. She turned to look at him. His eyes full of worried. The way his eyebrows curved downwards proved it. It was even hurts to see him like this. Eunji cause him pains while he causes her pains. She doesn't want him to go through what she went through. She went to his side at rubbed his shoulder.

"She's going to say yes Gyu. Don't worry” she said slowly even though her heart was swelling even bigger than they already did. Then a pair of warm hugged engulfing her. She stiffed in the hugs. Her heart once again did that 360º flips.

"This is the Chorong that i know! Welcome back Park Chorong" He said in the hugs. She was still stiffed and she relaxed when a hand soothed her back. Sunggyu doesn't even know how much effect he had to her. Later on, she was leaning closer to him and patted his back too. She loves him and she always will. When Sunggyu pulled back and ruffled her hairs, she groaned.

"You're a good girl Chorong. Whatever your problems are just be yourself"

            He said that before walked away from her. If only he knows that her misery was all because of him, what will he do?? She shrugged it off and walked to her house. On the way to the house she kept on thinking "What if i don't meet Sunggyu?" "What if I don't know him?’ ”Will I went through the same pains?" will I went through the same pains?" All those thought went through her mind like a tornado. She went to her bedrooms and slammed the door shut. She was tired. Physically and mentally. All she needs is to sleep and never wake up. Is that too much to ask?

 

            The moment when she was almost fall asleep after hours of trying her door burst open. She groaned and threw a pillow towards whomever that trying to disturb her sleep.

 

"Ya!! Chorong-ah!! Wake up up up upp!!!! "Eunji yelled on her ears. She wake up from bed and glared at Eunji. Nobody wants to disturb her sleep. Even though she was heartbroken, her sleep was still important. She was hurt and nobody knows about it. Her rotten inside, her shattered heart.

 

"What are doing here??" she asked

"I'm here to talk with you" Eunji replied. She raised her eyebrows. Did Eunji know about her secret? Her heart did jump out.

"About what?"

"Sunggyu"

"What about him?"  The silent crept. No one’s talked.

"I want to ask you to bless our relationship"

"Why me?" she whisper. It was hard enough for her to accept the rejection from Sunggyu even though she didn't try anything. Now they asked her for her blessing? She was tongue-tied. Cat did steal her tongue and ran away. What should she do? Her heart was hurts enough. They don't need to rub off the pains.

"Because you're my best friend! And also Sunggyu's! And you're Sunggyu childhood friend. Of course I need to ask you! Do you accept our relationship??"

"Is this why you didn't give answer straight to Sunggyu? To ask my blessing first?"

"Yes"

            She loves both of them. She doesn’t want to lose anybody. If she says no, she might lose one of them. If she says yes, means her heart will break more than it should be... What should she do?? Should she be a selfish, heartless and say No? Or should she be a good girl like Sunggyu said and say yes?  After a few debating, and fighting with her mind and heart she took a deep breath and released it.

 

"Don't ever hurt him" She warned. Eunji was smiling and nodding her heads

 

"Don't make him cry or I'll personally hunt you down" With that Eunji hugs her and also her heart broken once again in a day. She patted Eunji's back and said “Go tell him! He was really worried about you rejecting him. Go!" She hushed Eunji out of her room and shut the door.

 

            Then she breaks down. This times even harder. She knows that Sunggyu never see her more than a friend. She knows that more than anybody. But she can't help it. She falls for him. When he came into her heart became more than a friend, she was scared. She was never feeling nervous around him. When she admitted to herself about her own feel, she resent Sunggyu to act like everything was normal. She cried that night. She let her heart conquered the night and she sleep with tears streaming down her face.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one-shot is dedicate to my friends. If you're reading this you know who you are.