one

Boyfriends

 Its a little complicated the way relationships work. Even the slightest smile from the other can make you think of a million things like why is he smiling/  did I say something stupid?/what if he's not smiling at me?/,he looks so adorable.

Right now Minho is currently at the brink of a million thoughts crushing him to pieces. These thoughts hover around him so much that he can't even breathe at night. All those millions thoughts only come back to one big question- is Lee Taemin his boyfriend or more importantly is he Lee Taemin's boyfriend?

They've been out a couple of times (seven exactly) and its been good so far. He hasn't done anything stupid. He's careful with his hands-trying not to touch too much when all he wants to do is to crush the boy in his arms. He's taken three-hour long pauses before calling or texting the boy after their dates to avoid being seen as an obsessed person. He tried his best to look good and with the help of Kim Kibum, he's managed to look decent enough to be with Lee Taemin.

 

Minho has been staring at the mirror for about thirty minutes. Rehearsing his words to avoid looking stupid when he actually meets Taemin. He stares hard at the mirror and

"Taemin, are we boyfriends?" Minho says to the mirror. Blushing furiously and laughing at himself because of how awkward he sounds. He can't even say those words to the mirror, how can he say it to the love of his life? The bundle of gold that's got him all wrapped up.

"-Minho, you can do this. Its only a question." Minho says to himself before looking back at the mirror. Trying out different ways to say it and its hard. Its really really hard. How do people do this?

 

He goes out of the bathroom and sits next to a certain Kim Jonghyun who's nibbling on potato chips while watching television. The elder one has had experience with this sort of stuff. He's been dating Kim Kibum for two years (well, a year and 2 months because the first few months ended up with Kibum calling him a stalker).

"Jonghyun-"

"What?" the elder answers as his eyes were still fixed at the moving pictures on the large screen. Minho doesn't exactly know what Jonghyun does for a part-time job but it pays well enough that Jonghyun gets to buy a lot of expensive things. Which is kind of good for him because Kim Kibum needs a rich boyfriend to cater to his needs.

"Nothing." Minho says as he can feel his face getting hot. He couldn't even ask Jonghyun, how was he suppose to ask Taemin?

"Okay." Jonghyun replies. Brushing it off as Minho being bored.

"Jonghyun-" the younger calls his name out again.

"What?" he asks/answers.

"No-nothing."the younger stutters.

"Fine."

"Jonghyun-"

"For 's sake-what the hell do you want?" Jonghyun says in louder tone. Dumping his bag of salty potato chips on the table.

"Taemin."

"What about Taemin? He broke up with you?" Jonghyun asks.

"What? No-wait did he say we're breaking up or-"

"No. He didn't say anything." the elder answers as he pauses the screen.

"Don't scare me like that." Minho says back.

"What were you going to say about Taemin?"

"How am I suppose to ask if we're bo-boyfriends?" the words feel likes brinks falling on his toes.

"I thought you guys already were. You've spend like two hundreds bucks on roses for him for no reason. " Jonghyun says. 

"It wasn't for no reason. It was-well he said he liked roses."

"Just ask him. If you are, then you are."

 

He and Taemin had already made plans to eat lunch with each other that day at the college cafeteria. Minho insisted they go to a nice little bistro but Taemin said he wouldn't make it back to class at 2.30 pm. Minho asked if he could skip because the bistro is really nice. Taemin says no because he's scared he's going to fail. Minho doesn't ask anymore and texts that he'd wait for the boy at the cafeteria at one.

Minho was waiting for him in the cafeteria. And his palms are getting sweaty and clammy and his legs feel like jelly. What if Taemin say no, they aren't boyfriends. What was he suppose to do? What if Taemin doesn't want to see him anymore because he's freaked out they are moving too fast but its been seven dates. Is seven dates too fast to establish a relationship? Do they even have a relationship? God-what if Taemin only thinks of them as a friends? They haven't actually gone beyond hugging and holding hands.

Maybe he should just ask next time. Yes-next time when he's brave enough. 

 

He sees Taemin walking into the cafeteria and butterflies and all kinds of bugs are flying in his tummy. The blond was talking with Kibum as he walked in and Minho was all up and ready to stand up and pull a chair out for him when Taemin suddenly sat at another table at the other end of the cafeteria.

Minho's initial thought was that the blond had not seen him but then Taemin looked at him and smiled a small smile. Minho couldn't decipher the meaning of that smile and a million thoughts ran through his head when he saw Taemin whispering something into Kibum's ear. 

His heart flipped back and forth as Kibum walked towards him. Was Taemin breaking up with him? Did he sent Kibum to break with him? Wait-maybe that's why Jonghyun asked what he asked that morning . About if Taemin had already broke up with him. Then, what was that smile for? One last smile- is that it?
Twenty steps and ten seconds later, Kibum reached his table. 

"Taemin's too shy to ask so he sent me here." Kibum says.

"What is he too shy to ask me about?" Minho asks and he's glad he's not stuttering. Stuttering at Kibum meant Kibum reporting back to Taemin that he stuttered and he doesn't want to be seem as someone who stutters in front of Taemin.

"He wants to know if you guys are boyfriends or some like that. I honestly do not why-"

"Tell him yes."

 

Kibum then walks to other end of the cafeteria and tells Taemin. His face looking slightly annoyed that he's been tasked to be a messenger. Minho can see Taemin almost shaking when Kibum starts talking.

Minho looks at the boy's flushed face when he hears Kibum's words.

Minho blushes when he sees Taemin blushing.

Minho can see Taemin looking for something in his jeans. His fingers fumbling as he types something into his Samsung. Seconds later, Minho can hear his phone beeping.

 

From: sunshine

can i change your name in my contacts to my boyfriend now?

 

To: sunshine

yes please.

 

From:sunshine

does this mean we can kiss each other now?

 

To: sunshine

we can do more than just kiss.

 

From:Kibum

you owe me.

 

To:Kibum

you can have my wallet.

 

From: sunshine

dinner tonight? we can kiss afters.

 

From:Kibum

you do realise its ing silly you guys are texting each other like this?

 

To: sunshine

i'll pick you up at eight.

 

To: Kibum

i don't ing care. he's my boyfriend.