Killing in the name of love

The Silence

The peaceful expression from his son's sleeping face forced a quick, guilty last smile on his father's exhausted face. With an unsure hand he grabbed the armed gun. He hesitated at first, but he was determined to put an end to the endless struggle.

*This damned run from The Silence became ridiculous,* he thought.

Mr. Won was never sure of anything, he was the kind of person who could obsessively think about the same subject for days. Those thoughts had brought him to the edge of his very limited powers. *I never wanted this, I shouldn't have done it* he kept repeating as he brought the gun closer to his mouth. His entire being was shaking. The end was so very damn near he could swear the Grim Reaper's breath left a black mark on his back

The tension became unbearable, he couldn't help from hearing thousands of daring voices trying to convince him there was no other way, to give in to the temptation of death.

*Do it, do it, DO IT! * he kept hearing. *Don't be a coward, do it for your son" They said.

He slightly opened his mouth and forced the gun in through his teeth, as he pushed it further and further.

His hands were quavering at an insane rate; could he do it? Wasn't he too afraid to die?

No, he wasn't. His sacrifice was for a good cause: the tranquility of his son, a better life, excused from running away and hiding. There was no other way, indeed, he had to do it. And so he did.

The moment he pushed the gun deeper into his mouth he knew there was no escape from death's bittersweet embrace. Mr. Won's eyes were wet from all the tears who tortured his soul and body, his face was contorted from the excrutiating pain that reached the peak of its intensity, ripping even the last trace of hope in his infamous mind. Only death awaited him, he was well aware of that.

He turned his eyes just a mere moment to see his son one last time, secretly wishing that he will not be forgotten by his dearest child, that the memory of his sacrifice will be praised by vengeance and strong thoughts. In this moment, his patience ceased to exist, as the adrenaline rushed though his blood making him twitch and shake heavily.

Pumped by the courage that invaded his helpless mind, mr. Won made a last squeaking sound, pulling the trigger, releasing the bullet that pierced his insides in an instant, spilling his blood and brains over the white, moldy walls, creating a blood-red flower, compared to the spider lily he had cherished all his life.

--Mr. Won had been a simple man throughout his life; a good a simple man who did his best to keep his soul clean by accomplishing plentiful of kind gestures towards his family, friends and many others. Not that it mattered much now that he was dead. Only a regrettable incident from that pleasant night of march made him the persecuted man he became over time. If only he hadn't been working for that company as a janitor, if only he had arrived earlier for his job. If only his kid didn't have nightmears, if only his precious Kyungsoo didn't cry out loud, he wouldn't have been dead now.

He pulled the trigger for his son's safety, it was a selfless deed that tragically cost him his life, but mr. Won did not care. His only regret was that he wouldn't be able to see Kyungsoo grow and fall in love, accomplish his dreams and support him along the way. He regretted he won't be there for his wedding, he was sad that his grandchildren would grow without him, that his son would remember his sacrifice when his children would foolishly ask about their grandfather.

But even so, his death was required in order to let his son live a beautiful long life.--

Awaken by the strong noise of the gun shot, Kyungsoo couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the last mark of his father's existence: the blood flower pierced by his remains on the old walls of his scrimpy room.

A mixed expression appeared on his face: disgust, fear and sadness. His beloved father was lying breathless in front of him and he was powerless, useless, he was nothing and nothing he could do would bring his father back to life.

Day after day he cried in remembrance of his father; four years of sadness and depression followed. It seemed like and eternity spent with death's knife pointed at his neck.

He would go to school in the morning, after paying his respects to his father's memory. He was feeling empty, yet still now knowing but constantly wondering about his father's motive for blowing his brains out in front of him and leaving him on his own at such a fragile age.

*What did I ever do to deserve this?* he asked himself* I was only doing my best not to be badly behaved, so why? Why?*. The thoughts that were always on his mind seemed to twinge him instead of helping him to figure things out, much alike his father, except for one thing: Kyungsoo was stronger. 

Even after mr. Won's death he managed to sell their old and puny house and buy a little appartment on top of a small building very near his school, where he made a few friends he would hang out with when he wasn't busy doing chores for Madam Subin.

*****

"Yah, DO! Wake up, you slept through the whole class! What were you doing last night, hm?" Sarang asked him jokingly as she slammed her hand on his desk and approached her curious face.

With a red-ish sleepy face, he respunded sounding quite irritated "Aish, noona, give me a break, I've been working night shifts at the store. Madam said I could get a raise and I really, really need it."

"Ugh, DO, you're struggling too much. Do you want me to bring you some dinner tonight? We could also study for the next exam, you could use some help" Sarang said with a kind smile on her face.

"Mhm, whatever you say, noona!" Kyungsoo answered as he rested his head on top of his arms that were placed on the desk, ready for another round of sleep.

With a disappointed sigh, Sarang mumbled:" I swear, you're hopeless..."

The bell rang and all the students cleared the halls. The class 3-B was placed at the end of a huge corridor, right next to the emergency staircase, on the 3rd floor.

Rushing through the great building, a teacher seemed to be late for class. He was carrying a medium sized leather bag, trembling and stopping from time to time to rearrange his papers. 

When he reached the gliding door of the classroom, the teacher entered slowly and stopped in fron of the blackboard, placing the bag on the desk, and starting the lesson with a mellow voice. 

All the classes had passed quickly that day. As the bell rang for the last time that day, every student packed their thing and hurried home to study for the exams that were aproaching hastily.

Kyungsoo had just awaken in the empty class that was lightened by the last light rays of the day. Rising his lethargic face, and resting his chin on his left fist, he twitched in shock when he noticed a person sitting on the desk next to his, staring at him. The stranger was wearing a black coat and had deep blue combat shoes, dark large pants, a grey undershirt and had messy chestnut-coloured hair. His face displayed a rather crazy satisfied smile as he looked down to DO.

The stranger's voice echoed in the whole room as he contentedly stated " I finally found you, Six!".

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hello guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my first story [wow, a lot of firsts.].

I know I didn't explain very much in this chapter, but I promise the next chapters will reveal more about what happened to Kyungsoo's father and who is that misterious, crazy bastard.