Chapter 1 - The Gifts

The Mastermind

Character Introduction:

 

 

Lee Hyukjae - aka Eunhyuk is a barista in the morning and bartender at night in Haru Café & Bar depends on his shift. He experienced his first open break-up with his first boyfriend who hasn’t shown up nor even left a clue. He wants to find ways of how to move on but he can’t because of sudden surprise that entertained him 3 years after.

 

 

 

Chapter 1 – The Gifts

 

 

 

It was another day from work, a really very tiring but happy day. I never felt this happy ever since that open break-up (thanks to the workers of Haru Café & Bar). That day in which I just happened to hear that my ex-boyfriend went away to a place no one knew but himself. Neither his family nor friends knew where he is. His family only declared it because they received a letter from their son. They didn’t look for him for he requested some privacy without saying any reason, and still they respected it. Even though they really want to look for him, they know they shouldn’t. So they waited for him to come back and welcome him wholeheartedly.

 

 

I entered my house wanting to go straight to my bed to have a rest when I saw beside it an unfamiliar small navy blue box with a cream ribbon and small white card, tied on it, wondering what it is and where it came from. I went inside, the light of the hallway and saw the big calendar beside the door. 

 

 

So that is why I received this box, because of that number on the red circle, 18. That number that I won't forget. That number that is full of memories from simple happy thoughts to boring times to extreme unwanted fights. Well it is not really the number, but rather the person who made me dislike it. It is the day as I have said before when my ex-boyfriend didn’t call or text me for a good morning. I called his phone but he is not answering. I called his home, saying that he is not in there, cause he runaway. The person who made me want to skip all eighteenth day and the gift is not helping at all.

 

 

It is the 18th of June, a date to accept another gift from some stranger. I received such gifts 6 months before this, so this one is marked as the 7th gift. I don't know who really gave it. Neither the neighbors know who he/she is because it was all sent via mail with the help of my neighbor, Lee Jinki, who they thought is my cousin which is not. 

 

 

The sender’s name is not indicated too, it only says “To: Lee Hyukjae” with notes of different poems which could describe my family and friends. When I read the poems it felt like as if this person knows me.

 

 

I looked carefully to the small box. Unlike the past gifts, this is small. I opened it, and revealed a brooch. But it is not like the other simple brooch that people would see as simple-and-easy-to-buy-brooch in the market, it is an expensive one and it's a style that I surely love. 

 

 

I’m so mesmerized by it. The diamonds shines so clearly. I can’t believe that that someone will give me a gift like this. The other gifts are even less expensive than this one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(3.5 Carat Diamond Art Deco Style Brooch was made in the late 1940's -early 50's. Set with 55 diamonds, that are all full cut transitional cut stones, which is the brief period between Old European Cut and the current brilliant cut diamonds.)

 

 

 

"So this is the seventh gift." I said. "Why do I keep on getting such limited or rate items?"

 

 

From those eighteenth days of the past 6 months from December, I got the following:

 

 

 

December - A very limited edition of Casio G-Shock One Piece Monkey D Luffy Watch, it is an anime-manga that I like. Who would have thought that he or she was able to get one of this stuff.

 

 

January – Soccer Balls with signatures of players from Chelsea and Arsenal teams. I watched their game 3 years before and really had so much fun.

 

 

February – A pack of 5 sold-out DVDs of original from Japan. Yes I can’t believe it too. I never expect someone to give me it. Like, why would you receive yadong from a stranger? But to be honest, I have watched all of it. And you can’t blame me, those DVDs are really good. Okay not good but awesome and great.

 

 

March – Steuben Strawberry Pendant that comes with gold plated braided chain. I like it because it is strawberry. And anything that is strawberry related makes me smile, just even for a bit.

 

 

April - My favorite dancing shoes that were torn by my pet, Choco, a year ago. I really love the shoes, I worked so hard to be able to buy it. I even took care of it for about 5 years.

 

 

May - A painting of a picture I took in Salzburg, Austria. I love this place, it is one of the countries that I went to with my family. If you’re wondering where they are, my parents are taking care of our bakery (which is at the other side of the city), Chocolat Bonbon and my sister is working somewhere.

 

 

 

Each of this are the things I like for the past years, I've seen some in the malls and some far countries I've been to. Who is this person who sent me such expensive and rare items? He or she is like a huge stalker of mine. Well who knows, he or she could be someone I know but isn’t telling me about it, yet. I hope to know who that person is.

 

 

But most of all I hope it was not him. I wish it is not Lee Donghae, the person I'm referring to as my ex-boyfriend. Yes he is the one whom I’m talking about. I don't want to remember him and that painful open break-up isn't easy to move on with. Who won’t? I’m sure you guys will feel the same.

 

 

My friends especially my best friend, Lee Sungmin said "If it’s not worth it then forget it." Even Leeteuk quoted, "Remember to forgive is to forget. Not unless you really missed him that's why you don't want to forget him even for a bit."

 

 

I don't even know if I am angry with him. I don't even think if everything is worth it with him. If I ever see him again, what will I feel? Should I punch or slap him like the others? Or just look at him like someone who is only a part of the past that I don't want to know anymore. He is the person I’m not yet ready to see and I don’t know if when I will ever be.

 

 

Let's just say the future is a mystery whatever happens will happen. We can’t control it. No matter what we want to change. One should sacrifice and the other won’t. Someone will be happy with someone they love and someone won’t, and I think I’m one of that someone on the latter part. I won't interrupt that much but I will try my best to handle everything in a mature way. If it hurts then it hurts. If I’ll be happier then I hope that will come soon.

 

 

I put the box and brooch on the table with the other gifts. I kept them all in one place with a covered blanket over. I don’t know if I’m worth it to receive those. 

 

 

"I guess there'll be another one next month, huh." Looking at it all makes me want to feel so special but at the same time scared. 

 

 

 

3rd POV

 

 

 

Eunhyuk went to his bed after he took a night bath and wore his pajamas. He remembered to get Choco tomorrow since he left her with Sungmin’s care for a week because of the busy week he had. He slept all the mixed emotions he had felt that day, wanting to have less worries the next days. 

 

 

While he is asleep someone is looking at him from his opened window with a sad smile. That person is having second thoughts with his plans, wanting to adjust his next moves. He is thinking if his plans will make a big change for them both for better or not. For that man doesn't know if Eunhyuk is pleased with all of the gifts he had received. Yes that man is the one. And yes he knows him very well. Can you guess who he is? Do you think this man will succeed with whatever he is planning for Eunhyuk to be happy?

 

 

 


 

A/N:

I'm the type of person who updates slow? Well it could be because I'm also busy. I'm on this edge of being a licensed professional so I hope some will bare with me. But still thank you for at least reading this :)