Chapter 1

As long as you alive

“It’s raining” Sehun said out loud as he watches the coffin being lowered down into the ground. Kai keep on being quiet as he holds his best friend’s shoulder. Kai watches as droplets of water start wetting their cloths. He turns to look at Sehun and understand what his friend means. Tears are falling from Sehun’s eyes as people start burying the coffin.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun drags his heavy feet toward his apartment. He stops in front of his doorstep. He reaches for the knob but unable to turn it. He leans his head on the door trying with all his might to prevent the tears from falling again. As if he understand what’s going on in Sehun’s mind, Kai call.

“Do you want to stay at my place for a while?” Kai asks, grieve still in his voice.

“The longer I wait, the harder it’ll be for me to face it Kai.” Sehun answers weakly. Silence envelops them. After a while Kai speaks again.

“If it gets too much, don’t forget my door is always open for you. Kyungsoo will feel relieve if you’re here.” Kai offers. Sehun manages to smile at the concern.

“I’ll come visit both of you.” Sehun answers short before he ends up the phone call. He looks at his door again. Sehun closes his eyes and take a deep breath before he opens the door. As he enters, he feels his leg getting week and he falls on his knees.

“Babe…” he cries out.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 One month had passed. Sehun is back to his usual self. Not fully recover, but at least better. He’s back to his usual routine signing documents and attending meeting. He just walks out from another meeting and was walking to his seat when his eyes catch the picture on his desk. He reaches for the picture and traces the figure of the person in it.

“I miss you babe, I miss you a lot.” He said as he places the picture close to his heart when Kai walk in.

“Sehun, let’s have a lunch.” Kai speaks but stop when he sees Sehun.

“I’m sorry.” Kai said in whisper. Sehun gives a soft smile.

“Don’t be. Just something I do to keep moving on. Now, let get some lunch.” Sehun said as he walks out of the office with Kai following closely behind.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

They were waiting for their order when a deep voice catches Sehun’s attention. Sehun turns to look at the direction of the voice and see a familiar figure. A tall person, taller than Sehun with brown hair, milky white skin and big brown eyes standing in front of the counter. That man place his orders again and his deep voice makes Sehun stand from his seat. Kai holds Sehun hand.

“Sehun, it’s not him.” Kai said but Sehun ignored it. He pulls his hand away and walks closer to the person.

“Thanks…” that man said when he receives his order showing his white pearly teeth. That is when Sehun rushes toward that man and hug him tightly.

“Yeollie, you’re alive!!! Oh my god, babe you’re alive.” Sehun said repeatedly while hugging the said man tightly. Tears falling from his eyes rapidly. That man looks shock and struggling before freeing himself from Sehun hug.

“Man, what do you think you’re doing?” That man asks angry. Sehun looks at him confusedly.

“Yeollie, babe don’t you recognize me?” Sehun asks bewilder.

“Are you mad or something? And why do you call me babe? It’s gross.” That man said frowning. Sehun turns pale.

“Chanyeol, it’s me…Sehun.” Sehun exclaims again.

“How do you know my name? Are you stalking me?” Chanyeol asks angry. Sehun tries to explain when a voice disturbs them.

“Honey, why are you taking so long?” A woman come in and reaches for Chanyeol arm. Chanyeol turns to the woman and smile.

“I’m sorry, did you and the baby wait that long. Now let’s go.” Chanyeol said before walking away. Seeing Chanyeol walks away Sehun shouts.

“Yeollie!!! Babe, where are you going? Wait for me.” He screams and tries to catch Chanyeol before being stop by Kai.

“Sehun, please…stop…it’s not Chanyeol.” Kai said while holding Sehun arms tightly.

“Kai, it’s Chanyeol. He said that himself.” Sehun speaks desperately, still struggling.

“Chanyeol is dead Sehun, you know that.” Kai said, looking terribly guilty. Sehun becomes paler at Kai’s words.

“But Kai…” Sehun tries to speak but stop when Kai brought him into a hug.

“I’m sorry that this had to happen to you.” Kai said trying to calm Sehun down.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun sit up from his lying position when another nightmare disturbs his sleep. He palms his face. The memory of that day haunts him.

Flashback…

Sehun walks toward the building where Chanyeol works with a wide smile. They’d promise to have dinner outside together last night. As Sehun turns at the corner, he sees smoke high in the sky. People are rushing everywhere and Sehun feels really bad. He tries calling for Chanyeol but there’s no answer. Sehun runs towards the building and sees the building on fire. Sehun stops at the barrier place by the policemen and search desperately for Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, please don’t be inside…please.” Sehun prays desperately

Sehun was losing strength in his feet while walking to the autopsy room but he’s being held tight by Kai. Kyungsoo is walking behind them. After 15 minutes being on fire, the building collapse to the ground leaving no survivor. Sehun was called to identify the corpse since most of them can’t be recognized. Sehun takes a deep breath when the medical attendant pull the cover and he feels like his world black out when his eyes catch the ring on the right hand of the corpse. It’s the engagement ring he gave to Chanyeol. Sehun then falls to his knees.

End of flashback…

“Yeollie, my babe…please tells me it’s not you. Tell me you’re still alive.” Sehun said out in the air.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The next day Sehun comes to work with a headache due to lack of sleep. He walks into his office and being greets by Kai.

“Sehun, we’ve got a new worker.” Kai said softly. Sehun looks curiously as Kai walks out to bring in the new worker.

“I don’t know whether this is a right thing to do or not.” Kai said as he walks in again with a guy following behind.

“Nice to meet you. From today I’ll be your new secretary. I’m…” the man speaks but stop when he sees Sehun.

“Hey, you’re the guy I met at the restaurant.” He said and both his eyes and Sehun eyes widen.

“Yeollie…” Sehun calls.

“Stop calling me that. I’m Park Chanyeol. Please call me Chanyeol. From today I’ll be working here as your new secretary Mr. Hurm….” Chanyeol said frowning trying to remember his employer name when Sehun speaks up.

“Sehun…please call me Sehun.” Sehun said.

“Ohh. Ok Sehun.” Chanyeol said in his deep voice and that brought Sehun into a smile.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun watches as Chanyeol unpack all of his belonging. Sehun walks closer when Chanyeol place a picture of him with a woman and a baby on his desk.

“Is this your wife?” Sehun asks picking up the picture. His voices tense.

“Yes.” Chanyeol answers. He sent a glare toward Sehun.

“You’re not supposed to be married.” Sehun said, more of a statement than question.

“It’s not your problem that I’m married.” Chanyeol said angry.

“Of course it is. You’re engaged to me.” Sehun said. He sent a glare back toward Chanyeol. Chanyeol frowns.

“What are you talking about? Man, I got a mad man as my boss.” Chanyeol said before walking away.

“Yeollie!!! You’re not allowed to cheat on me.” Sehun shouts as he watches Chanyeol leaving.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sehun kneels and put the flowers in front of the tombstone. He traces the name engraves on it.

“Yeollie, what should I do?” he speaks while sitting next to the tombstone.

“It’s like seeing you…alive and well.” Sehun sighs as he watches the sky.

“Kai keeps on telling me that’s not you. If it’s really you, how is it that you already married and have a child in just a month?” Sehun said while palming his face.

“But babe, I can’t shake this feeling that I’m like looking at you when I’m looking at him. Babe, how I hope that’s he’s really you. What I’ll give to have you next to me again.” Sehun sighs heavily.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Chanyeol watches as Kai deeply engross reading the document on his table. He knocks and that disturb Kai concentration.

“Yes Chanyeol?” Kai asks looking at Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiles sheepishly.

“Kai ah… can I asks you something?” he asks unsure. Kai looks curiously toward Chanyeol.

“Is something wrong with Sehun? He keeps on calling me with weird nickname…and I often caught him staring.” Chanyeol asks. Kai raises one of his brows.

“That’s your boss you’re talking about.” Kai said simply. Chanyeol frowns.

“I’m just curious.” Chanyeol said before he starts to leave but stop when Kai calls him.

“Come here. I’ll show you something.” Kai said motioning the place next to him. Chanyeol walks toward Kai and sees the pictures in Kai desktop. It was a picture of their company’s dinner party. Chanyeol sees Sehun in the picture smiling widely.

“I never thought he can smile like that.” Chanyeol comments making Kai chuckles. Kai clicks the next button. It was a picture of Sehun staring at a guy, a soft smile planted on his face.

“He’s looking at someone. He likes that guy isn’t he?” Chanyeol guess. Kai shook his head.

“Like? That’s a major understatement. He’s madly in love with that guy.” Kai explains as he clicks the next button. The next picture makes Chanyeol gasps. He sees himself smiling next to Sehun. They were holding each other hand.

“Is that me?” Chanyeol asks confuse.

“How I hope it’s you. That’s Sehun fiancée. That night was their engagement party. He’s not just sharing your appearance; you have the same name too. The next day after the party, he was killed in a fire. That makes Sehun broken beyond repair. You need to forgive him. He sees his lover in you. The first time I saw him smile after the incident was when he meets you at the restaurant. You need to give him some time to accept the reality.” Kai explains. That makes Chanyeol feels sick.

“I think I should go.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Chanyeol stops treating Sehun badly after that. Sehun smiles more often. However, everytime Chanyeol talks with his wife, the smiles disappear from Sehun’s face. Sehun feels like thousand needles piercing his heart. He is angry, jealous to be truth. Sehun watches from afar on how Chanyeol happily playing with his son and hug his wife lovingly. Sehun close his eyes tightly and take a deep breath, rubbing his chest to lessen the pain.

“This is what you asks for Sehun.” He said to himself when he remembers the prayer he did at the time of the fire.

“Please my dear god saves him, I don’t know how I can live without him, and please save him even if that means I’ll never have him…I’ll accept that fate.”

Sehun scoffs at the memory.

“This is more of a prayer gone awry. My babe is dead and the one in front of me will never be mine.” Sehun said as he sighs heavily. Because, yes no matter what happen, Sehun will accept his fate.

.............................................................................................................................

A/n: urgh!!! i'm terrible at writing one-shot, but still i want to try...

after i'm done with is it really a mistake maybe i'll consider turning this story into a chaptered one...

anyway hope you'll enjoy and please leave some comment so that i can improvise. ^-^