(1/16)

The Best Friend Code

CHAPTER ONE

Jonghyun clasped his hands together, his head slightly tilted downward, as he sent a prayer to the heavens. If there was some sort of higher being out there, take pity and give him a passing grade.

“Jjong,” he could hear his best friend’s smooth voice call him. “If you keep on mumbling like that I don’t think the professor will even think twice about sending you to a mental ward.”

For the brunette, being at a mental hospital sounds quite nice compared to having to take English again.

“Yes,” Minho whispered excitedly. “I got a C. I passed. Thank God.”

Jonghyun glared at his short raven-haired friend with his big brown eyes. “I hate you,” he muttered as he practically ripped his paper out of the teacher’s hand. This in return earned him a whack across the head with the remaining stack of papers. He would have groaned in pain if not for fact that he was in shock due to the big crimson red letter at the top of his essay, a C+.

“When did you actually become decent with sentence structures?” his taller friend said, amazed.

I didn’t, Jonghyun thought to himself.

When his boyfriend had said he would look it over he didn’t think he would actually change his whole essay. He just expected him to put some extra commas or semi-colons or something.

He couldn’t really fret over what Almighty had done though, he was happy.

No more getting whacked with sheets of papers.

No more endless nights of never sleeping and dozing off through class.

He passed.

-0-0-0-0-

DinoPuppy: IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouIloveyou! <3

TheAlmighty: Oh? What happened to put you in such a good mood, honey? <3

DinoPuppy: I passed English thanks to you. You have no idea how happy I am. I could hug you!

TheAlmighty: *Pouts* I think I deserve more than that. Do you know how hard it was to correct your paper under a tight time schedule?

DinoPuppy: Silly me, such hard work is nothing in comparison to a simple hug. :

DinoPuppy: ^3^

TheAlmighty: That’s better. ;)

DinoPuppy: How are you doing? Did you pass all your classes? Are you going away for the week we have off before classes start back up again?

TheAlmighty: Ya! One question at a time, Dino!

TheAlmighty: I’m doing fine. Yes I passed all my classes and no I am not going anywhere.

TheAlmighty: So, I hope you’re ready for some more long sleepless nights because I’m not letting you out of this chat.

DinoPuppy: Oh~ Honey, that sounds dirty ;)

TheAlmighty: o.o Ya! ert! You’re ruining my baby’s innocent mind! *throws book*

DinoPuppy: *Dodges* I was joking! I’m sorry! Is Tae there?

TheAlmighty: Hiii! ^^

DinoPuppy: Hi :) It’s nice to meet you Tae. Is Almighty still there?

TheAlmighty: He’s sulking on the bed muttering nonsense.

TheAlmighty: He can’t even hear me calling him. -.-

DinoPuppy: ): Well, how are you?

TheAlmighty: Oh, I’m fine. Just twisted my ankle during dance practice, mom was helping me wrap it.

DinoPuppy: Your mom’s there? Did she come to visit you in your dorm?

TheAlmighty: Hehe, that’s what I call Almighty. :P

TheAlmighty: :( He’s angry now. Got to go.

TheAlmighty: Message me sometime: BananaMilkTaemin

TheAlmighty: I’m sorry about that, Dino <3

DinoPuppy: It’s okay…

DinoPuppy: TheAlmighty Mom! xD

DinoPuppy: …

DinoPuppy: Almighty?

DinoPuppy: :(

DinoPuppy: Honey?

DinoPuppy: *Hugs* I’m sorry for calling you that. I was just teasing.

TheAlmighty: *Hugs back* I know. It’s just a lot of students at our school tease us because of that. It…

TheAlmighty: Never mind.

DinoPuppy: Personally I think it’s ing adorable.

DinoPuppy: Maybe…

DinoPuppy: Even a little bit y? <3

DinoPuppy: …

DinoPuppy: Tae is still there isn’t he?

TheAlmighty: >///< Oi! Stop saying those things in front of my child!!!! You ert!!!

-0-0-0-0-

The sound of the door slamming against the entrance hallway scared the hell out of the brunette who was typing away on the computer. He jumped out of his seat sending it rolling away. His heart was painfully beating against his chest as he heard the steps of the intruder stop in front of his room door.

Normally being in dorms means having a roommate, however Jonghyun’s roommate had left to his hometown hours ago.

The door slowly squeaked open, revealing an unruly Minho. His eyes were red and slightly puffy from all the tears that he must have cried. His long sleeve royal blue button down shirt was tucked out of his khaki pants and very much wrinkled.

Not again, Jjong silently cringed as he turned back around to type a quick goodbye to his boyfriend before giving his best friend a small smile.

He walked up to the silent man, fingers entwining as he pulled him out of his bedroom and down the hall to the small kitchen. “Vanilla, chocolate, rocky road, or strawberry?”

“What my life’s like right now, a rocky road.”

The brunette turned his back away from the raven, who by now was laying across the couch, as he opened the freezer to pull out the ice cream. He grabbed a big spoon before handing it to the heart broken man.

Not even five minutes have passed and the taller one had already stuffed down more than half of the tub down his throat. Jjong’s eyes were glued onto the man’s stomach. It amazed him with how skinny Minho was with all the ice cream he had been feeding him periodically.

“I can’t believe it,” the sorrow filled voice whimpered.

“I thought we agreed to stay out of each other’s love lives?” Jonghyun interjected, not wanting to hear any more details. However, when his friend gave him the eyes, the big circular ‘I’m lost please find me eyes’, he couldn’t say no. “Okay, what happened?”

Minho sat up from his spot on the couch as he leaned forward with his elbows resting on his thighs. “He’s dating someone.”

Bewildered, the brunette asked, “Who is dating someone?”

“My ex.”

“Oh,” Jjong squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. “Which one?”

A look of disbelief crossed the raven’s face. “Who do you think?” he almost yelled. “The love of my life is dating someone other than me. He’s the one that broke up with me months ago.”

“Oh,” was his reply, “Oh~ that one.” Jonghyun’s hand instantly connected with the blue covered back trying to sooth him. “Well, maybe you heard wrong?”

“Oh no,” Minho shook his head. “I heard correctly.”

“The person you heard it from could have been lying.”

“I heard it from him,” he answered with another scoop of ice cream. “I was waiting to talk to him after class. I waited there until his class ended and as he was walking out with some other guy, he said it. He said his boyfriend was the cutest. He was talking on and on about how romantic and sweet he is. He said that he had never met someone like him before. He could talk to him for hours and hours. The other guy even agreed to it all.”

Jjong’s heart nearly fell to pieces as he felt his best friend’s, one of the most important people in his world, body convulse as tears streamed down his cheeks. “Oh, Minho.” He pulled the boy closer to him.

“How can a ing guy like that even exist?” the raven cried into his shoulder. “I love him…so freaking much.”

It really broke his heart to see his friend in this state. Maybe just this once, maybe just this once he could get involved with Minho’s relationship crisis. “I’ll help you,” Jonghyun whispered to him. “I’ll help you get him back.”

Minho looked at him through glossy eyes. “Really?” Jonghyun nodded. “How?”

“Well,” he scratched his head as he tried to come up with a plan. “Oh! You said that he really liked his boyfriend because he was romantic, right? Well, just be more romantic than him.”

“How do I that?”

“Let’s see…” He bit his lower lip as he tried to piece his thoughts together. “I got it!”

“Well, don’t keep it to yourself,” his friend let out a breathless chuckle.

“You should take him to a place that was really special for the both of you like a café, beach, or park. Have him sit down next to you and just explain yourself. Tell him that you never wanted it to end. Tell him how much you love him and all the little things he does. During that time, don’t forget to give small romantic gestures like… like ‘accidentally’ brushing your hands against his or maybe even whisper a compliment softly in his ear.”

“Jjong,” Minho’s lips stretched as he gave him a smile of appreciation, “You are amazing! It’s perfect!” He wrapped his arms around the shorter man. “It’s fool proof.”

Jonghyun couldn’t help but snicker, “I would be lying if I said I hadn’t heard that one before.
"