MinKey Recording

First Drama CD!?

The members of SHINee were busy with their back to back schedules in Japan. Photoshoots, interviews, fansign events, mini concerts. Just when they thought they were done for the day, their manager came to the hotel with another schedule. A drama CD recording.

"Are you serious!?" Key shouted, flopping down onto the couch, his cat-like eyes squinted in frustration. Just when the diva thought that he'd be able to relax, another schedule appeared, ruining his plans. "We have no choice." Onew said in a warm voice, coming closer. Taemin was leaning against the wall, his eyes focused on nothing in particular, Minho and Jonghyun were seated on the couch, both looking annoyed. "Aish! Lets just go and get this over with." Key rolls his eyes and springs up from off the couch. It was a drama CD, only a recording of their voices. Their manager had said it was only going to take about 1 hour to 30 minutes, it could be done and over with and Key could get back to relaxing. Onew back to his sleep, Taemin and Jonghyun back to whatever they may want to do and Minho, back to watching his sports. "That's the spirit Key!" Onew smiles, slapping a hand across the youngers back. With a roll of his eyes he exites the hotel room door, the others following behind him. 

 

"Thank you all for coming." The studio director said as they entered the room, the boys bowed respectfully, introducing themselves. "Hello, we are SHINee."

"Have a seat, have a seat." He gestures toward the 5 chairs, they hurry to their seats and sit. Key crosses his legs, eyeing the Japanese man. He better hurry up and just explain. Key thought, his lips. "Okay, has your manager explained what you'll be doing today?"

"Just the basics." Onew replies, the man nods understandingly. "We'll be recording a drama CD." They all blink, all but one, the word was foreign to them. "You'll each go in as I direct you. Minho and Key will record first. I'll han--"

"Why just us two?" Minho raises an eyebrow. "Well you'll each get a chance to go in with one another, as we progress. the fans like the always-arguing relationship you two have, so we wrote a script similar to that."

"What?" Key blinks his eyes several times, trying to understand. "First can you explain what is. I think we're all pretty confused at that word." Onew says, with an honest laugh. "Ah, yes. , BL, boys love. You all will be acting out a scene."

"A scene...." Key said the words, making sense of it. When he finally got it he shouted. "A SCENE!?" 

"Yes." The man nods, unflinching even though the diva had just shouted. "A.... scene...between us..." Even Onew was in shock. "Yes, you'll see. Now, Minho, Key if you wou--"

"Noway. No way am I doing this." Key uncrosses his legs and crosses his arms, over his chest. "Chill out Kibum." Jonghyun says placing a hand on his thigh. Key rolls his eyes but relaxes at his touch. "You've already signed a contract and if I may say so, you all must be very tired, so the faster we get this done the better." The man had a point, the boys wanted more than anything, to just relax. "Okay, we'll do it."

"Great!" He walks over to them, handing them each a pamphlet. "Here are your scripts, you can read over them briefly, so the process can go by smoother." They all nodded and began to flip through their scripts, the man bows, excusing himself and leaving them. It's quiet for a while, all 5 focused on learning their  lines. "Taemin moans......" Jonghyun mumbles reading the words aloud. "I have to sound like I'm doing what to Minho!" Key shouts, his heart pounding, unnecessarily. "Yah, don't start thinking weird things." Minho mutters, peeking out of the corner of his eyes at Key. "Don't start thinking weird things?! I've been thinking weird things since the beginning. We're portraying a freaking scene, Minho!!"

"Key-hyung, we're not acting it out with our bodies, it's just our voices." Taemin says leaning forward to look at Key. "...just our voices..ha." The diva rolls his eyes once again and continues to read his lines. At least it's Minho, we could joke about this later. He thought as the man came back, escorting them to the recording studio. 
 

"It's simple, you each will record a 30 minute take together. That easy."

"Got it." Minho smiled that small, understanding smile, that he did whenever someone was telling him the layout of the course in Dream Team. "Okay, just go to your mics and let us know when you're ready." Key nods his head and hurries over to the mics, wanting to get this over with as quick as possible. "Augh, don't get any ideas." He mutters to Minho. "What ideas?" Minho grins. "We're ready." They both say, flashing the Japanese man and studio director a thumbs up. "Okay start." Key swallows, clears his throat and waits for Minho to say his lines. "Yah, Kim Kibum, come here." Key flinches slightly at the new found deep, assertive tone of Minho's voice. "Why? I'm kind of busy." Minho grunts, his lines directing him to do so. "Don't make me come to you."

"Well I'm not coming to you." There's a pause in the reading before Minho says in a whisper. "Did I scare you?" act frightened? Key thought. So he let out a scream, Minho bit his bottom lip to keep from laughing. It always amused him the way Key screamed. "M-Minho!"

"Yes?" The script directed Key to sound out of breath, so he put a hand to his heart and said slowly. "You...freaking scared me." He said angrily. "Oh, I'm sorry." Minho sounded anything but sorry. Key rolled his eyes, starting become engrossed in his lines. "Yeah right."

"I am though..." Lower....my voice....Minho thought, trying to figure out how he should sound. "Kibum..." Keys heart skipped a beat. Kim Kibum now is not the time to start having your heart beating over Minhos voice. It's just his voice, you hear it about every day! "Kibum."

"Y-yes?" 

KISS HIM?! How the hell am I supposed to sound as if I'm kissing him?! They both thought, looking up  from their lines at one another. Key quickly looked away, suddenly becoming aware of Minhos eyes on his lips. "Hurry!" The Japanese man made a hurrying gesture. Minhos never kissed any before, he's been kissed by someone, that being Jonghyun but it was only a peck. He doesn't know anything about kissing! "Cut! I can't!" Minho took the headset off and hurried out of the recording studio. Key stared after him in disbelief. "Yah! Minho! You better get back here and finish this!" He yelled, storming after him. When he reached him he grabbed him by his wrist. "Let go."

"No, we're getting this over with, got it?" His eyes were locked with Minhos and his firm grip was telling the competitive man that he wasn't going to let go anytime soon. He relaxed, yanking his arm out of Keys grip. "Fine. But I don't know how to make...." He cleared his throat and averted his eyes. "Kissing sounds........." Key blinked staring at the now shy Minho. It amused him and he found it rather cute, his usual aegyo was sometimes annoying. "Minho-ah, you've watched right?" Key asked him straight-forwardly. "K-Kibum!"

"Psh, don't act like you haven't."

"But I--"

"Just come on. I want to go home and rest." Key grabbed his wrist again, dragging them both back into the studio towards the mics. 

 

Take 2: Action!

Starting from the kiss scene, they both clear their throats and begin. Minho makes a low sound and Key forces an mmm from out of his lips. It's awkward, of course it's awkward. Key thought as the 'kiss' stopped. But if he focused on his lines and not Minhos face all would be fin-- "Kibum....I want you, right now." Key froze, well more like panicked at the sudden words. Without thinking he looked up and met eyes with Minho. They stayed like that, staring at each other, their thoughts total opposites.

Key: "Did he just say....!! No, it's the script, the script. He doesn't mean it!" Even though Key, the love coach, was good at giving advice he had never really learned from experience. The supposed love coach was educated from the wonderful internet and observing.

Minho: "Why am I doing this? This is coming too close to being real...I can't let reality and scripts blend." Minho had feelings for the diva. Over the years they grew close, having what the fans would call a "love-hate" relationship. Always fighting, but behind their harsh words and sharp attitudes there was love. Minho liked to tease Key and make fun of him, Kibums reactions were always priceless. Though some of the time he'd take care of the diva. Ask him how he was doing, pat him on the back and tell him it was okay. This script, was I guess....giving him a chance. 

"You...want me." Key had said, sounding confused. "Yes..." The script said to suddenly kiss him, Kibum was supposed to sound surprised. They acted it out well, Minho making a slight smooching sound, while Key gasped and how would you put it....melted, his voice melted. The sound of his voice, caused Minhos body to react, he shivered. "Kibum...did you know..." He huffed out of breath, adding kissing noises in as he talked. "That...I was always looking at you."

"Minho..." Key nervously adjusted his headset. Making sure to keep his gaze from off of Minho, he could feel Minho looking at him. It was hot. 

"I had always....thought you were cute. Your laugh, your smile...especially your smile." He said sincerely, as he read the lines he realized he didn't have to read them. They were crossing over, his true feelings and the script. "...Minho..." Key mumbled his name, his cheeks growing red. He was still staring, how was he reading the lines without even looking at them?! "Kibum....Kibum..." Minho said his name repeatedly, his breath hitching. Key moaned, his voice causing Minho to shiver. It's not real, it's not real. Minho thought as they continued. He glanced at the Japanese man, who looked pleased. "Kibum...I've been holding back for so long."

"I didn't realize."

"It's fine...I'll make you realize soon enough." 

"Ah!" A surprised scream came out of Keys lips, he was good at changing his voice, not as good as Onew, but good enough. The script had read to kiss some more...deepening it. Minho had to look down, realizing that if he continued to stare at Key something bad would happen. He was staring at the shape of his lips, wanting to throw the lines away and actually kiss him. And those fake little moans were doing things to his body, it wasn't good, he couldn't allow himself to get swept away. "Kibum.." He whispered his name in a low voice. "Minho....kiss me." That was it, there was a line and that line had been crossed since the beginning. Kiss him? The words 'kiss me' had come straight from Kibums lips. But it wasn't real, it was the script. That was what Minho kept reminding himself, over and over, when they had first started recording. This was harder than he thought and he was becoming harder from thinking it was real. "Ki-"

"Don't you dare, we're continuing this." Key had said in a very low whisper. This was getting done, no matter what, it was getting done. Key didn't understand, this was going too far. He wouldn't be able to hide his feelings, it would ruin their friendship. "Kibu-"

"Aaaah~ Minho." Minho jolted at the moan, he had continued the script. "Minho~~" Minho swallowed, placing the script on the stand clenching his fist and hanging his head. Key stared at him confused. "Kibum you don't understand."

"But I do, you told me clearly." 

Why couldn't he put the damn script down! Minho wasn't reading from it anymore, it was him speaking. "No you don't! I've tried to hide it over and over, show you that I care in subtle ways. But you never realized and I thought that was fine."

"You...thought...it was...fine...." Slowly he was realizing that Minho wasn't reading his lines anymore. "Kibum..." He walked towards Key, his big brown eyes locked on the older. "Minho....what are you doing?" He stepped closer, leaning down, towards his lips. He was going to kiss him, he was going to and he did. Keys cat-like eyes widened, he used all his strength to push him away. "What the hell?!' He roughly wiped his lips, his eyes twisted in confusion. That had caught him off guard...big time. "Yah! Don't get so caught up in the script that you kiss me!!!" Key punched him in his stomach, Minho stumbled back. His heart clenching. He wanted so badly to be honest. But.... 

He laughed, covering up his mouth with his hand. "Sorry Kibum."

"Ugh, you should be. You kissed me." Key made an obviously disgusted face. "We should get back to work." Saying nothing more Minho quickly walked back over to his microphone. 

 

"God, I'm so glad we got that out of the way." Key sighed as they all got into the van. "Minho kept stopping." Key rolled his eyes, Minho knocked his hands from off of the door handle. Key pushed him. "And guess what?"

"What?" Jong asked peering at them curiously. "He kissed me." Jong stopped in his tracks, sending a questioning glare Minhos way. "Really..."

"Yeah." They sit in their seats, the van driving off. "Why'd you kiss him?"

"He got swept up in the lines." Key says answering for him. Minho wouldn't dare say his true feelings, no---

"When we get backk home Minho, I want to play on your computer."

"Wae!? Use your own!!" ---things were fine just the way they were.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Wasabi to you all this took longer to get out than I thought.......

 

But it's here!! 

I hope you lovely people enjoyed it and I'll be using gifs in almost all these chapters I love gifs 

Was this a little bittersweet? I think so.......sorry Minho, the er gets no love

Just kidding I love this derp

Until next time~~

Stay crazy!

 

MinKey spam anyone...?

 <--- Jong's like "not gonna happen"

^this is precious