Da-thump

He's In Luv

 

Jungkook climbed out of his car, glancing at the school. It was grand, with seven floors and several buildings. The gate itself was thrice as tall as Jungkook was. Students were walking into the school, most of them looking confident and all. This isn't any ordinary high school in Korea, it's the School of Performing Arts in Seoul. It was Jungkook's second day at school. 

 

He tugged the strap of his backpack as he walked down the hallway. Several girls started murmuring and glancing at his way when they spotted him. They kept on beaming him smiles that he kindly returned with a bow. He felt awkward seeing them act like that. He didnt expect himself to be treated this way at school. Back at his middle school, everyone was already so acustomed to the ordinary Jungkook, and not Idol Jungkook that they didnt bother him as much as the students in this school.

 

He spotted a girl with long brown hair that fell to her shoulders. She was heading towards his way as she hugged a stack of papers. She was especially eyecatching and had an aura to her that not the other students did. She held her head high and seemed to be very confident. At the same time, her red lips curved into a small smile as she walked, making her look more friendly and approachable. Jungkook found himself staring at her longer than he should.

 

"Hi." She stood infront of him. He blinked in surprise. Did she just greet him? 

 

"Oh. Hi." He said. The girl smiled wider and he realised that she had a really pretty smile.

 

"You are Jungkook, right?  Member of the boy group, Bangtan Boys." She stated as she tucked her hair behind her ears. He nodded. "Ah... It's nice to meet you in person." She offered her hand for a handshake as she struggled to hold the stack of papers with her other hand. She bit her lips and waited for him to shake her hand. Jungkook's eyes wandered to the papers that she was struggling with. It took quite a while for him to notice that she was waiting for a handshake.

 

"Oh-" He took her hand and shook it. "What's your name?" He asked.

 

"Kim Hyeyoung." She said as she withdrew her hand. "Year Two." She said. 

 

"Ah... A sunbae." He immediately turned red as he stood up straighter, with a hint of politeness in his eyes and voice. She smiled at him, nodding her head. "We're the same age but I delayed a year because of debut reasons."

 

"I see, you can just call me Hyeyoung then." She hugged the stack of papers against her chest.

 

"Here, I'll help you with these." He offered, referring to the thick stack of papers. She looked down at the papers, then back at him. Without waiting for an answer, he took the papers from her. Those stack of papers looked so light when he carried them.

 

"Okay, thanks." She said. She led the way to the theatre as he followed closely behind. He noticed that people around them were whispering to each other as they walked past. When they arrived, they were greeted by the warm welcome of a group of students. 

 

"They are all members of the drama club." Hyeyoung stated as the group of students welcomed Jungkook. 

 

"Oh hey." He greeted and beamed them a polite smile. 

 

"Hello!" A boy stood forward and waved. "You're a Year One right? Have you decided the classes and lessons you're taking?"

 

"I haven't confirmed yet but I have to take dance, vocals and rap. It's kind of a must." Jungkook replied, still holding onto the stack of papers.

 

Hyeyoung noticed that and said, "Hey, Junsoo can you take those papers from him. They're the new set of script for the upcoming drama." 

 

"Yes ma'am!" A guy stood out and took the papers from Jungkook. He had a huge gummy smile and small eyes. He headed towards the stage and placed the papers onto the stage.

 

"So Jungkook-ssi, have you thought of being part of the theatres? Acting? Drama?" A girl with red hair asked as she twirled a strand of it. This is how the school works, there are classes like singing, dancing and more performing arts espects. Classes are classes but there are clubs too and the two are different things. Each student can pick up to 3 performing arts lessons, 2 other classes like cooking or physical education, language, math and science. They can choose to be in a club or not but being in clubs are very helpful to their graduation. Each student can only pick one club and are not allowed to leave once decisions have been made. 

 

Jungkook pondered. "Yes I did actually. I've thought of branching into acting in the future. Plan B. You always need a Plan B." 

 

"That's true. I'm initially a dancer but who would have thought that I've joined Drama Club?" Hyeyoung said and the others laughed.

 

"We were friends for 6 years but I've never expected you to have so much talent in it." The red-haired girl said. "You were all about dancing back then. Now you're even the president." 

 

Hyeyoung blushed and giggled. "You got me into drama." She turned to Jungkook and beamed him a smile. "So... Are you going to join us?"

 

Jungkook felt a little taken aback at the question. That was so direct that he was stunned. He did thought about acting but somehow, he didn't feel right here. It seems as if he isn't meant to be here. Of course he wants to act but he never felt a sense of assurance. Instead, he felt cold and distant, and extremely uncomfortable. He glanced around the place. There were rows and rows of chairs, the stage was huge and polished, the lights were eyecatching and the curtains looked very grand. It look rich and luxurious but it didn't feel right. He didn't feel impressed. 

 

"I'll think about it." He said, looking away from his surroundings.

 

"Oh." Hyeyoung's smile dropped. "Sure, take your time."

 

The awkward moment was broke off by the P.A system. "All year 1 students please proceed to your classrooms."

 

"Guess that's my cue to go. Thank you, see you guys around." Jungkook said as he made his way out slowly. Hyeyoung and him made eye contact and she smiled at him. Her smile was so beautiful it almost melted him on the spot. He smiled back and rushed out of the door.

 

"Goodbye, see you around." Hyeyoung said as she watched him leave.

 

xxx

 

Jungkook entered his classroom and spotted the students all settled in the seats. Obviously they were all silent and awkward with each other. Only a few students were whispering and smiling politely at each other. The others seemed pretty nervous but none was as nervous as Mr Jeon. Firstly, all eyes were on him. Secondly, he was an idol. Thirdly, the teacher called out his name so enthusiastically and loudly that it startled him. He walked up to the teacher after he was gestured to. 

 

"You must be Jungkook." The teacher said and Jungkook nodded. "You have the idol-aura."

 

Jungkook almost choked. Idol-aura? Wow, this teacher sure is funny.

 

"Everyone, meet Jeon Jungkook! An idol! I'm so excited to have an idol in my class. Usually, the more experienced teachers get to have idol students. I'm so glad this is my first class with an idol. You guys can learn more from him! He's your sunbae." The teacher was a chubby guy with thick eyebrows and a short body. He was wearing glasses that seemed to be forced onto his round face.

 

"Seonsaengnim." Jungkook said.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm just like them, not necessary a sunbae." 

 

"You're so humble!" The teacher said as he gave Jungkook a pat on the shoulder.The poor guy earned several unpleasant glares from the boys. 

 

"Pfft. What a pretend." A guy, tall and lean said. He has brown shaggy hair that fell to his eyes. His face was frozen as he stared straight into Jungkook's eyes, as if he was challenging him. 

 

"You-" The teacher glanced down at the attendance list. "Daehyun. Is there anything wrong?" Jungkook realised that the teacher looked pretty annoyed at the guy. 

 

"No, not at all, sir." The guy named Daehyun said. Though he sounded pretty polite, his tone was unwilling. Daehyun held his head high, with his eyebrows raised. His thin lips stayed still as he glanced away from Jungkook slowly. 

 

"Alright, Jungkook, you may go to the empty seat next to..." The teacher furrowed his brows as he tried to recall the girl's name. 

 

"Got it." Jungkook tugged the straps of his backpack as he made his way to his seat. His seat was second from the back and it took a while to get there. It felt forever, in his opinion. Everyone he passed by glanced at him. Especially the girls. They were giggling and blushing bright red. He ignored them and tried to let his attention sink onto his  partner. She was sitting there and unlike the rest, she was not paying attention. She was looking at her table and Jungkook realised it was at a music sheet. She was scribbling on it, and looking out of the window time to time. 

 

"Hi." Jungkook said as he sat down beside her. She sat up straight and looked at him, her black-rimmed glasses falling to her nose. 

 

"Oops." She muttered as she pushed her glasses up. She dropped her pen, straightened her hair and bowed from her seat. "Hello." He smiled and extended his hand out for a handshake. She was a petite girl with small feminine features and 

 

"I'm Jeon Jungkook."

 

"Ah..." She shook his hand and her lips curved into a small smile. A smile that Jungkook found sweet and pure. He found himself staring straight into her eyes comfortably, as she stared back. Their eyes stayed there for a while. Her eyelashes were long and her eyes seem to sparkle, making Jungkook feel even more nervous. He absolutely had no idea why he was like that but he just was. It was as like when he met Hyeyoung, but different too. Soyeul seemed more innocent and shy than Hyeyoung, but he had the urge to know more about them. "I'm Jin Soyeul." She said.

 

The moment their hands touched, Jungkook's heart quaked. His cheeks turned crimson red as she graspsed his hand. Her hand was small but it felt really comfortable in his. Her hand was small and beautiful... Jungkook smacked that thought off his head. He must be crazy, with all these ertic thoughts.

 

She retrieved her hand and smiled again. She looked really nice but in her eyes, there was a tint of shyness and nervousness. Jungkook tore his eyes away from hers and peered at her music sheet.

 

"What's that?" 

 

Soyeul turned to her paper and covered it with her hands. 

 

"It's n-nothing." She muttered, trying her best to cover it from Jungkook.

 

"Is it your song?" He asked cautiously. He did notice her surprised and worried action but he was pretty curious. 

 

"Y-yeah..." Soyeul nodded, her hair falling into her face. Jungkook noticed that and he had the urge to reach out and brush her hair off. He forced down the thought. 

 

"Cool." He said and Soyeul blushed madly. She clumsily gathered the music sheets and slot them into her bag. She glanced at him and they both ended up staring into each other's eyes. They turned away from each other and blushed as they avoid the opposite's eyes.