BITTERSWEET

You're My

Since some time ago
I've been calling you first, more and more
I already call you baby at the places you aren't at
It's quite funny to me, too

You're my chocolate
My sweetest chocolate
I really wanna have you
You, who is so sweet
I wanna have you
Wanna have you.

 

'Jin! Ya Kim Seokjin-ah!' she kept on calling me, waving her hand in front of my face.

'Huh?' 

'I've been calling you're name for like the nth time now. Sheesh, you sure ain't in your normal condition. Is something wrong?' she asked, concern evident in her tone.

'Nothing. I was just wonderin'.' I replied while looking at her.

'About what?' 

I simply look straight into her eyes, bittersweet smile plastered on my face.

'You're scaring me Jin. Why are you staring at me? Are you sick? Does your drink taste bad? Don't tell me... Is there something on my face? Gosh! I hope there isn't. I still have to meet up with Taehyung later.' she said while checking whether there is some dirt on her face.

'Nothing's on your face, silly. You're just being paranoid. Haha' I shrugged  and ruffled her hair while finishing my Frappe.

'Aish! Don't ruin the hair. It took me quite some time to make it look this good.' she whined while I simply chuckled at her cute complain.

'Let's go.' I stood and headed out of the cafe while she tailed behind me.

'Where are we headed off to Jin?' she asked curiously.

'You'll see. It's our all time favorite hang out place. Well, used to be.' I said, whispering the last part to myself allowing her not to hear it.

We walked silently while heading to our destination.

We stopped at our tracks while gazing at the clear running water just ahead of us.

'The Han River?' she wondered. 

I simply hummed as an answer. She moved closer towards the river. She raised her head, eyes closed, inhaling the fresh air while the wind's softly caressing her angelic face. I stared at her contented face, smiling unconsciously as I did. 

'This is where it all started Jin.' she suddenly stated while turning her head towards me, snapping me out of my fantasy.

'Yeah it is.' I answered her simply while making my way towards her.

I sat on the grass while looking at the clear sky. She did the same. We sat there comfortably. None talking, just simply enjoying the view and the comfort that we've shared with one another.

'Jin. Thank you.' she stated, arms crossed laying on top of her folded knees.

'Thank you for what?' I questioned.

'For everything. For being there for me. Since young, you were there for me. You stood up for me whenever there's someone who bullies me. You love pinching my chubby cheeks back then. To be honest, I hate having my cheeks pinched but I simply let you be. You're the only one allowed to do that, and that's a secret between us. Not even Taehyungie's allowed to do that. So, you should be honored.' she proudly said and laughed while reminiscing the past. 

I love hearing those laughs and seeing that precious smile which makes my heart go 'dugeun~ dugeun~'. You don't know how much effect you have on me. I smiled as I stare at you laughing then you suddenly stopped and look straight at me, looking all serious and about to cry. 

'You're willing to give up everything even your life to spare mine. You know you gave me the fright of my life that night. I was scared.' she spoke, sniffling at the latter part of her speech. I know that she's crying, I wanted to comfort her and stop her from saying anything further, but I wanted to know. Wanted to know what I really mean to her.

'Seokjin-ah. Promise me one thing. Promise me that you'll never risk your life ever again. Promise me that you'll ask me or Taehyungie for help next time. Promise me to be safe all the time. Jinnie-ah, you're not alone. You never were. You always have me. You also have Taehyungie. Please never shut us out of your life ever again.' she said seriously while looking me with those eyes glistening with tears.

'You know that I'll do anything to protect you.' I replied, not looking at her.

'Yah! Kim Seokjin-ah! You know that I love you! I love you so much that I don't want to lose you! I don't want to lose another important person in my life. You're the brother whom I never have. Promise me that you won't ever get hurt again. Please promise me.' she begged, tears uncontrollably flowing down her pretty face.

Why? Why would you want me to make a promise that's already broken. Never hurt myself again? That's funny. Don't you know that I'm hurting inside?! Brother? That's right. You've never seen me more than that, right? Who am I kidding? How foolish of me to think that I have a chance to become your lover.  Don't you know that every word that you've said is like a dagger piercing deep my heart? Why? Why must I love you? Why must you love him and not me? You said that you love me, right? Why can't you just choose me over him? I've been with you longer than him. You've known me since we're in diapers, but I guess you don't know me enough to notice that I have feelings for you. Feelings that I know would never be reciprocated. 

I stared at you with disbelief while you're waiting for my answer. I turned my head away, tightening my jaw and clenching my fist suppressing my anger for the absurd request that you've asked from me. You hold my hand as you saw how tensed I am. You know I'm angry with what you've said, but you still soothed me. You know that I could never get angry at you. I sighed and stared back at your messed-up face, tears long gone and dried up.

'Fine. I promise. But! If ever that Taehyung isn't there to get his in and save you, then you can bet that I won't care if I break my promise with you anymore, got it?' I strictly said. 

You gulped and creased your brows while I smirked at your disapproving face. Tch. You're not the only one with conditions missy. I know for a fact that I am not able to keep that promise forever so might as well have this bargain.

'Alright, I think that's fair enough for you.' she gave up.

I chuckled and fixed her face up.

'Aigoo! You silly girl, why did you even cry? It's not like I'm in my death bed right now. See? You look awfully dreadful right now. Taehyung might break up with you if he sees your horrendous face. Tsk tsk tsk.' I jokingly said.

'Yah! Taehyungie wouldn't do such a thing!' she argued

'He'd better not or else I'd be remodeling his face.' I jokingly threatened while raising my fist.

'Funny oppa.' she chuckled

'WAH!' I said astonished.

'What?' she asked while raising her brow at me

'You called me oppa! You never call me that. I've asked you many times to call me that, yet you never did. I have never imagined that this day would come! I should thank Taehyungie for converting you into a respectful girl.' I said to her.

'Very funny Jin! I never called you oppa coz it ain't cool, but I'll have this as an exception. You really are a brother to me, Seokjin oppa. I never want to separate from you. Hehe. Even if you're an idol now, and probably would be busy with all the schedules and fan meetings, I'm sure that you'll contact me from time to time, right?' she beamed her bright smile.

'Yeah, that'll probably be the case. I'll have so many fan girls, and by then they'll all flock and bow down to my handsomeness, and who knows, I might even end up marrying one, no?' I jokingly said to her.

She looked at me and smiled.

'If that day comes, then please let me me the one to meet her first and congratulate the both of you. I'll be very grateful to her coz I know that she'll be the one to make you happy. By then, we could have double dates. Taehyungie, me, you and your future yeobo.' she said smiling and stared at the river.

Dammit! Why?! You seriously think I'd do that?! I would rather end up being single for the rest of my life than marrysomeone I don't love. Can't you see? I'm in love with you! Yes, you're my best friend since forever but I've always loved you more than that. My dream of being a star has been fulfilled but without you by my side, I guess it won't be totally complete. 

Baby baby geudaeneun caramel macchiato~~~
Yeojeonhi nae ipgaen geudae hyanggi dalkomhae~~~

You look at your ringing phone.

'Oh, it's Taehyungie'

Baby Baby Tonight~~~

'Yoboseyo? Nae Taehyungie-ah!' she spoke sweetly through the phone.

I inhaled deeply, sighed and continued looking at the Han River. It clears up my mind and ease the pain that have been building up in my chest. 

'Nae, arasseo. Nado saranghae Taehyung-ah. *mwuah*' she said as soon as the call ended.

'Jin-ah. I have to go now. Taehyung said that we'll meet up by the Coffeest cafe shop. Take care oppa. Hwaiting! Nan haengbokhae. Jeongmal hamsahamnida' she bowed and thanked me while bidding goodbye.

'Cheonmaneyo. Take care also. Say hi to Taehyung for me, nae?' I said and ushered her to leave.

'Arasseo. Annyeong Jin-oppa!' she waved as she walked away to meet with Taehyung.

I continued to stare at the river...

'That's right. Leave. Leave before I take you away from him. Saranghae. Annyeong... Youngwonhee' I muttered to myself, closing my eyes as the tears I have been holding back starts to roll down my cheeks.

'Eonje buteonga jeom jeom, yeonlakage dwae naega meonjeo

Niga eopneun goseseon beolsseo, neol baby-ro bulleo nado cham ugyeo

You're my chocolate, my sweetest chocolate, I really wanna have you

Neomuna dalkom han neol neol gajigo shipeo, gajigo shipeo~~~' I sang my heart out while staring up at the now dark sky.


At least through my song, I could tell you my feelings. I hope one day, you'll be able to hear this. This one is for you.

'So that you'll be able to lean on me
So that you can feel a nice happiness
I'll give you my everything.
The one who gave me the gift of love, that's you
The one person who gave me that dazzling love
That's what you are.'

To you who is looking at me, I'll sing a song just for you. Hear my heart out. I love you but I guess you'll never love me like the way I want you to.

I guess this is goodbye? Goodbye Romance. Goodbye my first love. Be happy my love even if its in the arms of another man. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what did you guys think? Would you like this to be a chaptered version or just stick with the one shot? Comment on what you think. It'll much be appreciated. :)