finale

Love Is Unselfish

For those who have read Overdose, this story happens in the middle of the story, after Baekhyun and Daehyun met. 

P.S: the italics stand for thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What time is it? How long have I been here?

Laying on the cold ground, slowing coming back to his mind,

Lay felt he has been trapped in this labyrinth for an eternity.

He was tired and hungry.

His soft lips were now dry and bleedy due to lack of water. 

He wanted to sleep, but the fear and cold prevented him.

"Are you still not surrending, Rafael?" said approaching slowly. 

Lay raised his eyes on the man. He was tall and strong, there is something evil in his looks, but denialbly handsome.

He is like poison, so malicious, yet so gorgeous. thought the younger one while turning his head to the other side.

"You do know that there is no way out toward that maze unless we guide you"

Hearing no answer from the younger one, Kris continued.

"Do you really want to die here because of some stupid loyalty you keep believing?"

Lay appeared to be indifferent, but interiorly, he started to doubt the reasons of his faith.

Sometimes, I do wonder why do we all have to suffer so much for of someone we haven't even met. 

But a voice resonated in this heart that chased his insecurities away:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the lord your God goes with you; he will never

leave you nor for sake you. 

Lay said nothing, but those words gave him the courage to turn his eyes to look directly into Kris's, and smiled.

Even with his face pale and tiring eyes, his smile still looked so warm. 

Kris hates that smile; he can't even remember how many plans were ruined because of it.

It is that smile that forced him to make so many compromises for the creatures he hates the most, angels. 

Kris lowered his body and whispered in the other's ear: 

"God has done nothing good to you since you are born. It simply gives duties that brought you pain

and sufferings. Leave him. Leave all those stupids believes behind. You are better than him. We could make so much better.

I know you still love me. Don't you want to stay with me?"

"I only loved the Kris that I thought I knew, but you killed him" his voice was that one can barely hear. 

Kris's heart skipped a bet, and got lost in his memories.

 

Flashback

That shop somehow attracted him, like if there were some kind of invisible hand pushing him in.

Inside the shop, 

Kris wasn't fond of flowers. They look too vivid for his taste.  

A young man was standing there, his back facing him. 

Noticing the new presence inside the shop, the raised his head and smiled. 

That smile is dazzling.

Kris stood there, month slightly open. 

A shy little hi ran out of his lips when he finally came back to his sense.

"How can I help you" said the cute one with a soft voice. 

"euhhh, I want to buy some flowers"

"Do you have a kind that you like in particular?"

"Not really, what do you suggest?"

"Then, how about Pascali? They are known for being God's flower" suggested the owner showing Kris a fresh white rose. 

"That would be great, I'll take 20 of those."

While Lay was wrapping the flowers, Kris can't help but noticing how pretty his fingers are.

Stop staring at him,Kris Wu, it rude. Talk to him instead, then you can stare at him as long as you want.

"What made you open the shop?" 

Soon as he realized what he said, he blushed and looked away. 

What did you just asked, Kris Wu! of course it is because he likes flowers!

Will he think that question is too personnal? Maybe he does not want to answer it!

The owner chuckled a little seeing Kris's face becoming redder and redder, and answered:

"Because flowers are healers, they can cure heart wounds. Their beauty and scent make people 

happy when they are sad. And I want to help people out of their unhappiness using flowers.

Trust me, you are a healer, not the flowers.

"By the way, my name is Lay. What's yours?"

"Kris Wu"

I guess flowers are not be so bad after all.

 

That was before he knew he was a demon, and not just any demon, he is the reincarnation of Lucifer. 

Things would have been so much simpler if Lay was a demon, or even a simple human would be enough.

But, he is an Angel. A servant of God and a creation of perfection. 

A creation that was made to destroy demons, to destroy him.  

 

Flashback

It was a day that rain poured in the sky,

but none of them seem to bother with the water drowning down their face.

They were standing inside a backalley covered in blood.

Kris turned his back while Lay put a hand on his shoulder. 

"I think I need some explaination" started Lay.

"What you see is the explaination, you should know already, don't you, Archangel Rafael?"

 

"Haven't convinced that dove to join the dark side yet?" 

Kris turned his head and saw Asmodeus, also know as Kai.

He looked awfully attractive with his seducing lips and intense stare. 

Only one word could have described him: Lust.

"He is too stubborned. Whatever I try, he doesn't seem to be affected by it." 

"Simple" said Kai, trying to force an innocent smile "Kill him, then we won't have to waste our time."

"Shut up, he is still useful to us now" Kris seemed annoyed by that idea.

Hearing those words, Kai smirked, but remained silent. 

He knew it, said Kai to himself

It won't the first time you kill an angel, Kris, but why do you hesitate this time?

What is so special about this one?  

The anticipation of seeing that "special" angel has grown in him. 

"Hmm, then why not try to seduce him? you know what I mean?" said Kai while staring at Luhan. 

Luhan blushed and looked affectionately toward Kai to only realize he wasn't looking back anymore. 

As if I haven't tried, thought Kris. 

"Well anyway, good luck convicing him, but you don't have much time left, the angels will sooner or later find him"

On those words, Kai walked away with Luhan behind him.

 

On the other side of the maze,

"Where did they hide him!?" Xiumin and Chanyeol have been searching in this maze for three entire days now. 

"It is so dark, at least if Baekhyun could have come with us, it would make it much easier" continued Xiumin.

Chanyeol frowned at those words and got lost in his thoughts.

Baekhyun... How is he right now? Is he still with that human? 

 

Someone is coming... Lay sighed. It is him again. 

He was surprised by a face that he has never seen before.

"Here you are, little dove." said Kai approaching Lay still unable to get up of the floor "Kris has been trying to hide you from us, you know that?"

His hand reached the other's chin, and he gently massaged his face. 

"You look so pretty and pure, no wonder he has fallen for you"

Suddenly, his hand have shoved away. It was Kris, who has been warned by Luhan about the interest that Kai kept showing for that mysterious

little captive they caught. 

Before Kris could have said anything,a voice came from behind: "Don't you dare touching him!"  

Xiumin and Chanyeol finally found the place that they were hiding their fellow friend.

 

"Kokabiel?" said Xiumin, astonished to see his fellow friend there.

"Who is that? if you talking about him, he is Luhan" said Kai with his usual smirk. 

"Kokabiel, why did you do that?" yelled Xiumin that cannot believe one of them betrayed the lord. 

"Did they force you? What is wrong with you? Did you forget all the vows we made and..."

"Raguel, stop it." Chanyeol turned his head toward Xiumin, then toward Luhan "Just answer us one question, are you sure of your decision?" 

Luhan lowered his head and bit his lips while remaining silent. 

"I hope you won't regret it" answered coldly Chanyeol to what he consider Luhan's act of cowardness. 

"But Michael, maybe he..." Xiumin wanted to defend Luhan.

"Kokabiel made his decision" his words were cut shapely by Chanyeol. 

"Enough chattering, demons, give us back who you has captived" ordered Chanyeol.

"Get him if you can" replied arrogantly Kai.

"Don't force me to use my power to get things done, give him back NOW" yelled Chanyeol whose expression started to darken.

Kai disappeared to only reappear behind Xiumin. Luckily, Xiumin was fast enough used his freezing power to create an ice shell around him.

Seeing Xiumin being assailed, Chanyeol also went into his fighting mode.

"Be careful Chanyeol! That demon seems to be able to use teleportation" shouted Xiumin now also using his power to fight.

 

Chanyeol has used his fire power and start to shoot arrows of fire toward the demons. 

Kris took Lay in his arms and used his flying power to escape from the attack.

Kai and Luhan followed behind quickly. 

"Let him go!" yelled Kai escaping closely a fire arrow. 

"NO!"

"Let him go, or we will all day in here, even that little angel in arms"

Kris unwilling admitted that Kai is right.

He whispered to Lay's ear "Baby, we are meant to be together. Soon, nothing will prevent us of being together

again, not even God. Don't you ever believe that you can ever run away from me"

Lay shivered hearing his determination, and before he knew, he was put on the ground again. 

"We will meet again soon" Kai waved toward them before disappearing. 

Luhan used telekinesis to give them a weirdly shaped red rock before he left.

"Swipe that rock on the wall, then turn left and walk straight" Those were Luhan's last words before he join Kris and Kai.

 

"Lay!" shouted Xiumin running toward Lay "Oh Lord, what have they done to you?"

Xiumin hugged tightly Lay, white as a sheet, and said "Don't be afraid anymore, we are here, we found you. you are safe now"

Am I really safe now? 

No, I am not. He said he will come back and find me

But now, his eyelids became heavy, Lay was too tired to think. 

He finally closed his eyes for the first time in one week. 

Xiumin took Lay on his back, who has now fallen asleep, and carried him outside following Chanyeol.

 

"Imagine how devastated Sehun must be once he found out who his beloved Kokabriel has become" said quietly Xiumin to not wake up Lay.

"That is if he didn't already know" replied Chanyeol bitterly. 

"Do you really think he knew all along?"

"This is what we need to figure out, but first, let's go home and all get some sleep"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so glad I finished my first Kray fanfic ;___; those ones who supported me, thank you so very much! 

Subscribers and readers saranghaeee~

The story has not finish yet, demon Kris and angel Lay's story will continue inside Overdose ^.^