Incident

The face on the wall

Luhan listened with the closest attention he could to baekhyun's story, who was telling an incident which happened to his grandfather.

"and suddenly the shadow disappeared with no sighns, the end" baekhyun said while straightening up his back. Luhan, chen, baekhyun, kyungsoo and suho were having a gathering as they like to call it in kyungsoo's house.

"I hear something cracking" chen said while looking at baekhyun with a smirk plastered on his face.

"haha. . . .very funny" baekhyun said sarcastically.

"so. . .who's gonna say the next story" kyungsoo asked while looknig at everyone.

"I guess we should make luhan say the next one" suho said while looking at luhan.

"me?" luhan asked pointing to himself.

"yes, you" chen said, also looking at luhan.

"well" luhan said folding his legs,"it's not a story in the ordinary sense, more like an incident which happened to me personally and completed itself few months ago".

Everyone looked at him with keen interest.

"I took a house in the district of gangnam, it was an old house. The bedroom walls had been painted by the previous tenant, but the place was damp and there were great patches on tthe walls. One of these exactly looked like a face, a handsome one at that. One morning, I came to think of it to be as real as human beings. While other pathches on the wall grew larger and changed shapes, this never did".

"and then?" baekhyun asked wanting to know more.

Luhan looked at everyone and looking at their interested face, he continued, "One day, I fell ill with Influenza, and all day long, I had nothing to do but to read books or just stare at the passing people on the streets since my bed was placed near the window. It was then the face got a firmer hold of me. It looked so real with the face of a young teen, probably ninteen or twenty. The face was very handsome, it looked like t could be a modle or a star. But, I didn't know whether the face was indeed in real or not".

Luhan stopped for a while,"When I got better, I found myslef searching the streets for a person with a face like it. Somewhere, I was convinced, that the face did exist. I only knew that he and I were in fact some way linked by fate. In vain, I often went to places where people gather in large numbers, political meetings, football matches and railway stations".

"wow" chen said awe struck "didn't know these kind of things happened"

"shush" suho said and looked at luhan "please continue"

Luhan cleared his throat and continued, "The search became madness with me. I stood at busy corners watching the crowd until people thought that I was crazy or something, and the police began to know me and started to get suspicious about me. I, atlast saw him, he was indeed very handsome. He was buying something from the grocery shop. I hurriedly went inside the grocery shop but was stopped when I saw that he was with his friends. After paying he and his friend went pass me and he looked at me and our eyes locked. It felt like something was connecting us. I was determined to go with him. I looked back and saw that he was no more with his friends and he was walking on the left side of the road. I thought that i'll follow him and I was determined to know him".

" so you followed him? baekhyun asked

"stop interrupting him, let him finish" kyungsoo said and baekhyun only rolled his eyes.

"s-shall I continue?" luhan asked looking at everyone

"yes!!!" all of them exclaimed

"and then," luhan started, " I started to follow him, hiding behind walls, bushes, trees, dustbins,etc. Then I came out of my hiding spot and stood behind him, he turned and looked at me. There was no mistaking the face. every line was the same. It was now or never. 

"excuse me", I stammered, "do you mind giving me you're number?" He looked at me and smirked "why?" he asked me "I have a very important reason in asking it", I answered. He smirked again and said to me "fine" I hurriedly gave my phone to him. After giving his number he started to walk again. "T-thank you" I said to him but felt embarrased that I just stuttered. He turned around and smile "no problem. . . . . .xiao lu" after that he turned around and he entered his apartment since we were standing infornt of a building but I had no idea that this building was his house. I stood there in open place, the nickname xiaolu which he just gave me felt very familiar. It was as if I was used to that name. I slowly turned around and started to go home"

Luhan stopped for some time and sighed, " I kept thiking for days and days as to where I heard that name, who used to call me with that and all those questions. It was one month that I have ever seen the face who went by the name of oh sehun. And so, the time went on until a few months ago, I had slept late. When I woke up, the room was bright with sunlight. I looked at once at the wall where the face was to be seen. I rubbed my eyes and thought that I was just imaginig stuff until I rubbed it again and found that I really wasn't imagining things and I suddenly sprang up. The face was only faintly visible. Last night, it had been as clear as ever. And now, it was a ghost of itself.

Confused and sad, I got up form the bed and brushed my teeth, had my shower, ate my breakfast and wore my clothes. The early edition of the papers were already out. I suddenly felt the need to visit sehun, so I wore my coat and went out. I didn't know wheter it was good to visit someone uninvited but I pushed these thoughts at the back of my mind and before I even knew it, I was already infront of his apartment door but the thing was that the door was locked. I didn't know whether I should go back home or wait there for him to arrive. I was busy with my thougths when I heard some clicking next to me. I turned around and found a lady probably in her mid thirties locking her door. I asked her, "um excuse me" the lady turned towards me and looked "yes?" she asked me. "do you have any idea where oh sehun could be?" I asked her. She suddenly looked solemn,"you didn't know?" she asked me, "know what?" I asked her back. She looked a bit hesitant before she answered "he. . . .he actually died yesterday in a car accident" she said and I felt that everything was like going slow, it was so blurry. I just couldn't belive it'

Luhan sighed and looked down, suho patted his back gently and smiled assuringly. Luhan gave back a tiny smile and continued " I didn't know why I was feeling this bad. I barely knew him and I only met with him only once so why was I feeling so guilty? so sad a-and I just didn't know what I should do. The lady smiled at me sadly and went inside her apartment. I slowly started to go back towards my home, thoughts like why should sehun have to be the one who died? why couldn't he be alive? why he? was running wild inside my mind. When I reached home, the face on the wall was completely gone, no traces of it were left behind. I changed my house and now you all know where I live." luhan finished with a sigh.

"luhan don't worry someone special is still waiting for you, for the right moment" baekhyun said while smiling sadly.

"t-that was s-so heart touching" kyungsoo sniffed 

"I won't cry. . .nope, never" chen said while trying to stiffle some sniffs 

"where's the tissue? I need some of it" suho said while wiping his nose with eight tissues at once.

"there are two most remarkable and extraordinary things about my story, One, is that a patch on the wall of a house in seoul not only do form the features of an person but also to have a close association with his life and to leave great impacts on a person's life".

Luhan looked down covering his face by curling up into a ball. All of them looks at luhan and feels pity for him.

"luhan it's okay" suho said while patting his hair. All of them sat in a circle with luhan in the middle patting his back and saying soothing words to cheer him up. Suddenly the door bell rang, "i'll go and get it" chen said and stood up and went to the door and opened it, "yes?" chen asked as he was sure that the person standing infront of him was a stranger.

"I'm here to pick up luhan, we have to go and meet his parents" the stranger said. Chen nodded his head and let the stranger inside the house with him following the stranger and sitting down again with his friends.

"Luhan?" the stranger called. Luhan sat up and looked at the stranger "sehunnie~" luhan suddenly looked way more happy and hugged the stranger. "Xiaolu we have to go now, remember we have to meet your parents" the stranger said looked at the others and bowed "annyeong".

They were seriously confused cause firstly the stranger called luhan xiaolu which oh sehun also called him, and luhan looked really happy.

Luhan seeing his friends questioning face smiled and looked at them.

"GUYS!! I forgot to introduce someone really special to me, meet my boyfriend and fiance, Oh Sehun".

Everyone had shock written on their faces. "oh. . . what" baekhyun asked tying to confirm that he didn't have any hearing disability.

"Oh sehun" Luhan said again trying to act as innocent as possible. Sehun waved awkwardly.

"oh yeah, I nearly forgot to say" luhan started, "the second point of the story is the most important and the most remarkable point. . .and that is. . . .I made it up like about half an hour ago". Realisation dawned on everyone and all of them looked at luhan "you. . .didn't right?" kyungsoo asked with a shaky voice. 

Luhan smirked, "the crying will be a good blackmailing thing"

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

so there it is my first oneshot hope you all enjoyed it^^