Caramel Mocha

Sweet Decadence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
JJProject

Requested by @ Julianpowpow on twitter, hope you like it!

“Hey how’s work?” Jinyoung asks.

 

“Same as always.” Jaebum replies, hearing the rustling of papers in the background signaling that Jinyoung was tidying up for his lunch break.

 

“I should be home by seven thirty tonight since I don’t have to do overtime today.”

 

“Ah I do, I’ll probably be home by eight.” Jaebum sighs.

 

“That’s fine, we’ll still get some hours together tonight.”

 

“Yeah I can’t wait. Hey listen I have to go now, another client just came in.”

 

“See you tonight, I love you.” Jinyoung says.

 

“I love you too.” Jaebum hangs up the phone, ruffling his hair. He hated lying to Jinyoung but he needed the latter to believe he was working for the day instead of preparing his special treat.

 

“Let’s do this.”

~~~

Jaebum ran about the kitchen, mixing ingredients, putting things in the oven, and removing pans from the stove. He wanted to make sure that tonight’s dinner would be perfect for their anniversary. Jinyoung would be home within a few hours and Jaebum still hadn’t made dessert. Panicking, Jaebum tried recalling Jinyoung’s favorite treat. What was it again? Standing still for a moment, Jaebum thought about the various flavors of sweets Jinyoung enjoyed. He remembers distinctly Jinyoung saying he enjoys caramel mocha and decides to trust his gut instinct. He quickly sets his laptop on the counter, searching for a fast caramel mocha ice cream recipe. The first result produces a forty five minute recipe and for a split second he debates if he should use this one. Not wanting to waste time, Jaebum quickly gathers the necessary ingredients, giving him no time to argue with himself.

 

Despite making a few substitutes, the caramel mocha ice cream looks delicious and he quickly stores it in the freezer. After cleaning up the kitchen and checking all the food one last time, Jaebum decides he’d better clean himself up. He takes a quick shower, putting on a pair of dark jeans and a white button up and adjusting his shirt collar in the mirror. He sprays a bit of cologne, and pleased with his appearance, goes out to set the table. As he’s reheating the food, Jinyoung calls.

 

“Hey I just pulled into the parking lot.” Jinyoung says.

 

“I wish I could leave work.” Jaebum says, continuing his lie. He hears the rustling of plastic bags in the background.

 

“No! It’s okay I understand, I’ll see you soon.” Jinyoung ends the call after that.

 

Jaebum sets his phone down, removing the ice cream from the freezer, and letting it thaw out for the time being. He lights the candles on the table, and smooths out his shirt one last time as Jinyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter