Final

Pancakes for Breakfast (or not)

Silent warm lights filtered across Heejin's bedroom as Kyungsoo slowly opens the blinds. He proceeds on waking up his daughter with a soft nudge receiving a grunt reply. He nudges her again but Heejin rolls over on the other side of the bed. If nudging doesn't work, Kyungsoo pokes. But Heejin is a heavy sleeper so Kyungsoo does his last resort. Tickling. Kyungsoo bends and opens a small entrance on the cover. He inserts his hands underneath but Heejin unintentionally kicks it. 

 

Frustration slowly bubbles up inside Kyungsoo and pulls the blanket harshly. Heejin grunts and curls like a baby while roaming her hands seeking the missing blanket.

 

"KIM HEEJIN IF YOU DON'T WAKE UP IN TEN SECONDS I'LL GIVE YOUR BREAKFAST TO YOUR BROTHER." Kyungsoo threatens her daughter, calling her with her full name.

 

"Papa, pleeease, five more minutes." Heejin begs and reclaims the blanket from Kyungsoo's grasp.

 

"Honey, the sun is already out. You'll be late for school. Go downstairs and eat with us. I'll really give your pancakes to -" Heejin immediately stands up and rushes downstairs leaving Kyungsoo talking with air.

 

A soft chuckle comes behind Kyungsoo. "You know Heejin and food are inseparable. You're always like that." Jongin murmurs on Kyungsoo's ears and a pair of warm hands wraps themselves on the elder's waist.

 

"Like what?" Kyungsoo asks, innocent curiosity fills his tone. Jongin rests his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder, his lips touching Kyungsoo's neck.  It's a wonder how Jongin's head fits perfectly on the elder's neck and how Kyungsoo also fills the empty spaces in his arm.

 

"That how you seem to be angry and nag all the time yet your action speaks the opposite." Jongin says with affection, fondness lingering in his tone. Kyungsoo turns around and dabs a finger on Jongin's chest.

 

"Excuse me but I don't nag! Well maybe I am but it's only sometim-" A pair of soft lips crashes on Kyungsoo's, eating his words and stealing the air on his lungs. Jongin nibbles Kyungsoo's bottom lips and proceeds to eating them whole. Kyungsoo gives in to his husband and places his both hands on Jongin's chest. He can feel Jongin's heartbeat which matches his own and Kyungsoo smiles between their kiss.

 

"Breakfast - the kids - downstairs -" Kyungsoo tries to say but Jongin keeps on kissing him. Jongin chuckles and pulls Kyungsoo closer, resting his temple on the elder's.

 

 

"I can always eat you for breakfast you know." Jongin winks.

 

"OH MY GOD KIM JONGIN DON'T YOU DARE. THE KIDS WILL HEAR!" Kyungsoo flails. Jongin laughs at the sight. Flushed Kyungsoo is definitely a turn on.

 

"So you're not against it?" Jongin teases and Kyungsoo goes redder than a tomato.

 

"No!" Kyungsoo hisses and walks pass Jongin.

 

"Hey, yeobo! Wait for me!" Jongin jogs and grabs Kyungsoo's hand.

 

"No, go away. I don't want to see you." Kyungsoo bats Jongin hands. Jongin laughs and whispers in a husky voice

 

 

"Well, there's always lunch and dinner."