Final

Love at the Cafe

There was a chime heard through the cafe, signalling someone entering. 

Hyukjae looked up, pausing from wiping the counter and saw one of their regular customers flashing the trademark model smile which is only focused on one person in the cafe.

His left eye twitched when he saw the tall male wink at the oblivious cashier. Meanwhile Donghae was happily smiling as if no one is blatantly hitting on him and proceeded with getting Siwon's order.

"One tall americano please." again winking at the cashier, who in turn blinked his eyes and tilted his head slightly. 

"Siwon-ssi is something wrong with your eyes? Your only blinking one eye!" he said while looking at the taller male eyes wide with worry. 

And Hyukjae has to stop himself from dragging the younger and just never let Siwon see him ever again, or even anyone for that matter. 

Donghae is his d*mn it.

He shook his head at the angry thought. They were just coworkers. Yeah. coworkers just like him and Jongwoon, who works as the cafe's baker. There is no special relationship between them. They maybe friends but there is nothing more than that. 

He was just worried that Siwon might do something inappropriate to the innocent cashier.

Yes. Just a friendly gesture from a nice coworker.

Yeah right.

The cashier beamed another smile at their regular customer and gave his order to Hyukjae. Beaming to him a different smile altogether, but still as bright as the smile beforehand. 

Hyukjae turned his attention back to the order and proceeded to make it (not to make Siwon go away immediately definitely not)

But since the cafe is not that busy at this time, only a few customers (most of them regulars) are here. So practically Siwon just decided to hang in the cashier for awhile, talking to Donghae like they were friends who haven't met in a long time (well it was mostly Siwon, Donghae just smiled and answered a few times).

When Siwon's drink was finished he handed it to their regular customer (but he may or may not have put more brewed coffee than necessary and maybe even lessened the sugar but what the hell)

He tried to retain the nonchalant expression but couldn't help the smug smile on his face when Siwon sputtered out the drink after taking a sip.

He shot Hyukjae a what-the-hell look to which he replied a shrug.

"Sorry. But maybe you need a little boost in the morning " Hyukjae can see the Shibrows almost meeting into one line and he is already brinking into laughter.

"Yeah Siwon-ssi. Hyukjae here knows everything about coffee! Maybe that will help you with mornings! Right Hyukjae?" to which the barista smiled smugly and nodded at Donghae. 

"Yes Siwon-ssi see I was just concerned about your day. You had always been regular customer. We are just concerned for our customers. Right Donghae?" Yes. There it was another twitch in the eye but it was not a wink. Far from it really.

The tall male tried to compose himself and flash another model worthy smile to Donghae but his face just looked constipated in Hyukjae's opinion.

He bade them goodbye stomping out the cafe with heavy steps, waving only at Donghae goodbye while Hyukjae bid him good riddance, not that he is going to say it out loud. 

But maybe he did because Donghae looked at him with wide questioning eyes and asked him what he said.

Hyukjae waved him off with a not-so-model-worthy smile and said "Nothing. It's just nice to have regular customers." but not regular customers who are hitting on you. 

And the younger male nodded happily. 

"Yeah! I really love this job. I just love everything about it really, being to serve to customers and making them happy. Oh and I love working with you too! Both you and Jongwoon hyung. And maybe even Kyuhyunnie. even though sometimes he scary..."

He's so cute. Hyukjae thought. Is he really a 28-year-old guy? 

"..oh my gosh I'm babbling again. Haha. sorry Hyukjae!"

Again that same dazzling smile which may or may not have turned Hyukjae into a pile of goo.

He stared at the flash of perfect white teeth, twinkling eyes which sparked into something endearing and the way his wind swept hair framed his perfect face, not to mention that slight pink dusted on his cheeks. Beautiful, Hyukjae thought. 

The door chimed again which broke Hyukjae's trance while the younger male hopped in front of the cash register to greet the new customer.

Thankfully that customer is not hitting on him.

Oh gods please... let me not fall for him.

But seeing the cashier turn to him and flash him a soft smile, he realized that maybe he already did.

 

fin.

 

or maybe not. 

 

/hides/