The Feeling

Someday

Love comes like an electric shock

At the time you don't expect before

You can never be prepared for that

 

It was 8.50 pm that day. Five new students, three boys and two girls were standing in the middle of the school yard. They have stood there for almost one hour. Still ten minutes till their punishment over. Their faces were red and their uniforms were wet of sweats as the sun’s getting hotter.

Kim Jongin glanced at the girl beside him who was wipping her sweat.

If only she didn’t left her phone home. They wouldn’t be late on the opening ceremony.

No. Actualy, it was his fault. Because he and Sehun wanted to accompany her to take the phone. She didn’t ask them.

He let out a sigh. For a reason, he couldn’t blame at her. He never did. Every silly thing she always did, he ended up laughing and forgiving her easily.

He didn’t know why.

Jongin silently stared at his childhood friend again. Her eyes were closed to avoid the sunlight. Her uniform was wet, sticking to her back because of her sweats. Her perfect hair this morning was messy as well.

Watching her like that making Jongin felt sorry, though it was not completely his fault. Somehow he wanted to replace her to take the punishment. But he couldn’t. Simply, because he was being punished too. Here beside her.

Jongin stole another glance. She looked so much different with Soojung this morning. Yet, he felt that she was still beautiful. Even more now.

Again. He didn’t know why.

Whats different ?

He traced her features. Curious. Her nose, her beautiful forehead, her chin, her long eyelashes. Her cheery lips. Looked so soft and sweet.

Nothing’s different. She was the same.

Maybe she was pretty since the first time they met ten years ago. Maybe he was the one who’s just too young, too dumb, too realize that.

For him, she was just a childhood friend. Not a girl, just a friend. Cry baby friend he always wants to protect. Someone he hung out a lot with, someone he shared his story to. Someone he loved like a sibling. Just like Sehun.

But why now ? What is this feeling ?

Jongin once again felt his cheeks getting warm, not because of the sun. Something strange tickled his heart. His heart beat faster as he thought about it. He shook his head, let the thought go away.

Whats wrong with him today.

Soojung opened her eyes, turned her head to Jongin that was looking at her. She smiled. “Sorry.”

Got caught for looking at her, Jongin quickly turned his head another way. Just to find Sehun staring at him weirdly.

“What ?”Jongin gulped.

“Nothing.”Sehun shrugged.

“Ssst. . The pretty witch’s coming again.”The guy beside Sehun, named Tao whispered. His chin pointed into a direction where a girl was walking towards them.

Finally, their punisment was over.

 

~~~OOO~~~

 

“Oh Lord, I am so tired,” Naeun, the girl who was punished with her earlier said as she’s leaning her head on the table right after the class ended.

Naeun and Soojung are classmates now. It was good since it’s the first time Soojung had different class from Jongin and Sehun who were now in the class beside. At least, she has already made a friend.

“That girl was really a witch,” Soojung said.

Naeun chuckled. She turned her head facing her new friend. “You mean Senior Jiyeon ? She’s pretty though.”

“Yes. Pretty scary.” Soojung rolled her eyes.

Naeun laughed. “Are you coming home now ? We can walk together.”

“Actually I wanna treat Sehun and Jongin before coming home. They were late because of me.” Soojung felt sorry. “Next time maybe ?”

Naeun nodded understand. “Never mind. Go a head then.”

Soojung took her bag. “I’ll see you later.”

Soojung walked to the class beside and found Jongin was standing in front of the door.

“Hi Jongin. Where’s Sehun ?”Soojung greeted him.

 “He should be back soon.” He said awkwardly.

“You’re okay Kkamjong ? Your face’s getting red.” She was about to put her back of her hand to his forehead. But Jongin stepped back.

“I am fine.”

There is a strange silent for a while. Soojung thought that Jongin was upset to her. It was never happens before, so she didn’t really know what to do. She felt so sorry toward him.

“Listen,”Soojung finally broke the silence. She took a deep breath. “I am sorry about what happened this morning.”

“Never mind, it’s fine.” He answered shortly, without looking at her.

“Would you like some ice creams ? My treat.” Soojung smiled, trying to break the awkwardness.

“No need for that.”Jongin said. Still refused to look at Soojung.

Soojung couldn’t take that anymore. “Jongin, whats wrong ? Are you still upset ?” She grabbed his hand.

Jongin felt an electricity as their skins touching. He pulled his hand. “I said I am fine, Soojung ! Can’t you hear me ?” He said a little bit loud.

Yes he was upset. He was upset to himself, to his feeling that he didn’t understand. Frustated over his awkward behavior. He didn’t like or dislike the feeling. It just felt so strange.

Soojung shocked. “Jongin. . .”

Another silence between them. Jongin felt sorry toward Soojung. He really didn’t mean that. He was about to say sorry, but his mouth was like freezing. He didn’t know whats happening to him, that made him so angry. He couldn’t control himself.

“Hi Soojung, what is this atmosphere ?” Sehun came, asked innocently.

“Great you came, Sehun. Lets go.” Soojung grabbed his hand. “I will treat you bubble tea, since you were punished because of me.”

“Why ? How about Jongin ?” Sehun said, confusing about the situation when Soojung suddenly pull him with her.

“Jongin doesn’t like bubble tea. Moreover, he has an apointment.”

“He didn’t say anything to me. He said he would come play to my house. What appointment ?” Sehun refused to go.

“Come on. He has a sudden appointment. Lets go Hun. Bye Jongin.” Soojung forced him to go with her, left Jongin alone, deep thought about his feeling and his strange attitude today.

 

 

 

Finally an update.

Jongin started to feel something strange all of sudden. Do you think it was too fast ?

I guess love will never be too fast, cause it comes like an electric shock and you can't be prepared for that.

What do you think ? :D