Final

Us Against The World

AN: Haven’t written Taemin as a female before, so I’m trying this out…enjoy! I’m not in the mood for any sad parts, so this is PURE FLUFF AND LOVE.

 

When Jinki first met Taeyeon, they were only little kids. Jinki was eight at the time, one of the big kids on the block with a goofy smile and messy brown hair. The boy loved to play on the swingsets, often trying to see how high he could fly. It was on a particularly gloomy day that little Jinki had just jumped off of the swings, landing on his feet for once instead of face first.

He smiled in triumph and giggled. He was just about to run back over when he heard a girl squealing and crying from across the playground. The girl was tiny, but Jinki wasn’t sure how old she could be. All he knew was that the two other little boys were tugging at her hair and making her cry and he didn’t like that.

Eight year old Jinki marched over and shoved one of the boys.

“It’s not nice to pull a girl’s hair!” 

The boys were obviously afraid of the elder boy and quickly ran away before Jinki could say any more. He turned to the girl and helped her up.

“Does it hurt?”

She shook her head, her tiny fist wiping at her eyes. Jinki pet down her long brown hair, hoping to make the girl feel better. He didn’t like how those boys had been picking on her like that.

“I’m okay…” she said quietly, a small sniffle in her voice.

Jinki frowned and reached for her other hand.

 “Come on! I know what will make you feel better!”

The girl huffed when Jinki tugged her over to the swings and made her sit down. Her tiny dress fluttered down as she settled on the seat and Jinki went behind her. He started to push her slowly, smiling when she giggled.

“N-not too high!”

“Only if you tell me your name!”

“Taeyeon! Oppa! Not too high!” she cried, holding onto the swing tightly.

Jinki laughed, “You’re cute, Taeyeon!”

Jinki slowed down and helped the swing stop. The little girl had a bright smile on her face, lighting up her brown eyes.

“What can I call you?”

“I’m Jinki,” he said. He held out his hand again, “Do you want to play with me for the rest of recess?”

“Neh!” Taeyeon said taking his hand tightly in her own.

The two kids skipped around the playground together and Jinki felt a surge of happiness wash over his tiny body whenever she smiled at him.

 


---

When Jinki and Taeyeon knew they wouldn’t ever stop being friends, they were twelve. Middle school was upon them and since the day at the park, they were inseparable. It had turned out they lived near each other, so their mothers let them play together outside of school.

Taeyeon would spend every waking moment she could with Jinki and Jinki was always glad to see his best friend smile. Jinki found out soon enough that the little girl loved ice cream and banana milk, so he’d always sneak it to her whenever she was down or upset.

In the fours years they had been friends, Jinki knew he was protective of the little girl. Taeyeon was a fragile girl, very delicate. She was also very tiny for her age, often looking like she was still eight rather than twelve. Jinki would make sure she didn’t fall or hurt herself and kept the boys away from her if they tried to bully her.

Taeyeon was more than happy to stick to her oppa like glue. Jinki, in her eyes, was the sweetest boy alive. Unlike other kids their age, he didn’t mind having a girl as his best friend. He treated her the same as his other friends, always there if she needed a savior or a friend.

One day in class, Taeyeon was drawing in her notebook, a small blush on her face when Jinki stretched out beside her. She peeked at him through her long brown hair, squeaking when he peered back at her with a small smile.

The bell quickly rang and Taeyeon sighed in relief, picking up her notebooks to pack away.

“Taeyeon? Got any plans now?” Jinki asked from beside her.

The girl blushed again and shook her head. Her oppa smiled brightly.

 “Come hang out with me, okay? I want to show you something!”

“O-okay, oppa…”

Jinki carried her two books for her, offering out his hand like normal. She took it without fail, loving the feeling of being close to Jinki. No one else was this close to Jinki and she wouldn’t ever let anyone take her place in his eyes. He was HER best friend.

They walked outside for a bit until Jinki stopped. Taeyeon looked around, smiling at the field full of flowers he had taken her to.

“Oh, wow…it’s so pretty here!”

“I thought you’d like it here. We can make it our special place if you want, Minnie!”

The girl nodded and threw her arms around Jinki’s neck, hugging him tightly.

“Thank you, Jinki. I love it!”

“Anything for you.”

 


---

When Jinki knew he was overprotective of Taeyeon, they were sixteen. They were now juniors in high school, preparing for their senior year and college right around the corner.

For eight years, Jinki had never let the girl out of his sight or out of his heart. They were still inseparable, gliding by any obstacle that would dare to ruin their bond.

It was on a rainy day in the fall that Jinki found it hard to control himself around the beautiful girl. She had blossomed quite nicely into a pretty girl, with full lips and a petite body. Her brown eyes had darkened with age, and they were a pretty chocolate color, one he wished to devour like candy from time to time.

Her pretty pink cheeks made his blood race in his veins and the long brown hair that touched her waist made him whimper. It was always so soft, perfectly straightened from top to bottom.

The years had been kind to both of them, and Jinki wouldn’t deny that he had a crush on his best friend and that he had for years. Not only was she just simply pretty, she was intelligent and funny. She was his other half.

Jinki had just gotten out of the one class he had different from her, since their mothers always insisted they have the same schedule. Jinki moved down the hallway, ignoring the pretty eyes batting their lashes at him. He was pretty popular around school, with his high grades and happy personality. It was hard for other girls to catch his attention though, since it was always on Taeyeon.

This day however was different. He felt his blood boil when he saw his best friend being shoved against her locker, her brown eyes wide and terrified as some senior stood over her, a sick smirk on his face. Jinki saw red then. He tossed his bag to the ground and walked up to the two, grabbing the guy’s arm and shoving him away.

“Yah! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!”

Taeyeon swallowed loudly, “O-oppa…”

“I was asking her out. She’s free game.”

“Says who? Did she say that? Because it looked different from my ing point of view.”

Jinki grew angrier. Taeyeon was his, not some random guy's. He knew her the best, and he knew she was absolutely terrified at the moment. The girl didn’t like confrontations and tended to avoid fights with people. It was why he was the protective one.

The senior raised an eyebrow, “You have a problem, Jinki? I can prove to you how serious I am about her.”

She’s MINE,Jinki seethed.

He had realized he had stepped in front of her now, keeping himself in the way so the elder boy couldn’t touch her.

Taeminnie shook her head from behind Jinki, “N-neh! It’s true!”

“Aish, what the hell…”

Jinki took that moment, pulling Taeyeon from behind him and into his arms.

“She’s mine and no one else’s, so back the hell off.”

He grabbed his bag and took the girl’s bag as well.

“Come on ,Taeyeon, let’s go.”

Taeyeon let Jinki tug her away with his arm around her waist, out into the school courtyard. The big tree covered them from the rain and Jinki set down their stuff to pull Taeyeon in front of him.

“Did he hurt you?”

“A-ani…” She wiped off the dirt on her school uniform, brushing the skirt out.

Jinki couldn’t help but look down, too, paling when he saw her pale long legs peeking out underneath the skirt. He felt sweat on his neck when Taeyeon reach for his hand.

“Thank you, Oppa…he was trying to pressure me into a date…”

“As if I’d let you go out with him,” Jinki said, trying to distract himself.

That made the girl roll her eyes. Jinki never let her date anyone and while she was grateful for the protectiveness, it made her wonder why.

She sighed, “Oppa? Why do you not like other boys hitting on me?”

Jinki looked up, their brown eyes connecting. He saw her little pink tongue dart out from between her lips and he lunged then. He wrapped her up tightly and crashed his lips against hers, feeling the blood rush south and his pants go tight. But what made his heart pound was when Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Jinki’s neck, her nails catching in his swept up brown hair and gelled up bangs.

She moaned when he pulled away slightly to breathe, “J-Jinki…”

“Because you’re mine.”


----

When Jinki knew he was in love with Taeyeon, they were eighteen years old. They had just graduated high school and were set to go off to University together. Jinki wasn’t fond of letting his girlfriend live in the dorms by herself…especially a co-ed dorm.

“Do you have to? Why can’t you live at home like I am?” Jinki asked his petite girlfriend of two years.

Since that day when they were sixteen, Jinki and Taeyeon had agreed to try dating. And of course, nothing really changed except Jinki was allowed to kiss the precious girl anytime he wanted.

“Jinki-oppa…” Taeyeon kissed his forehead, “I don’t want to be a burden to my parents. So unless you come up with another suggestion, I’m living in the dorms. You trust me, don’t you?”

“Of course I trust you,” Jinki grumbled under his breath. “I don’t trust any other douchebags though.”

Taeyeon was gorgeous and often more times than not, Jinki was forced to have eyes in the back of his head to keep an eye on her. She was a delicate flower that anyone would take advantage of if given the chance. Her heart was pure, and her caring nature made him fall even deeper in love with her each second.

Jinki, however, didn’t trust anyone else. She could be easily overpowered and if something should happen…he’d go nuts. On this chilly day, he was out about in town, standing in front of a building. It gave him an idea, one that may not be easily swayed with his girlfriend, but would with her father.

He happily skipped around, making his plans and checking out certain exchanges before he walked to his tiny girlfriend’s house. He had made sure to stop at home and talk with his own parents before bringing them along with him. Her mother answered the door and even though she told Jinki that Taeyeon was out with a friend, he smiled.

“I wish to talk to you and Mr. Lee if I’m able.”

This was the picture Taeyeon was met with when she arrived home. Both of their parents were smiling brightly and Jinki was the only one standing in the living room. The girl hung up her coat and stared at the five.

“Yah…Jinki, I swear if—”

“Just come here, beautiful,” Jinki said holding his arms open.

Taeyeon blushed and looked at her father who was openly smiling. When in her boyfriend’s arms, she laid her head against his broad chest. It was her favorite place to be, no matter what mood or time of day.

“What’s going on?”

“Remember how you said if I came up with another idea that you wouldn’t live in the dorms?”

“I knew it…I knew-”

She stopped when Jinki held out a small object to her. The room was silent but Taeyeon found herself wanting to scream at her idiot of a boyfriend and best friend.

“You are so not.”

“I so am,” Jinki said. He kissed her forehead, “I’ve been protecting you since we were eight, Taeminnie, let me keep doing it forever.” The small silver band laid in his palm and making Taeyeon's vision blur. She looked up at Jinki who merely smiled at her in return.

“Are you doing this just so I won’t live in the dorms?

“I’m doing it because I love you.”

He slipped it on her finger; glad he knew her ring size from the times she had made him go shopping with her. Taeyeon held as she gazed at her ring finger. It was simple, like their bond, but intricate like their love.

“You pabo,” she cried, hugging him.

Jinki smiled, “I’ll take that as a yes.”


---

When Jinki saw Taeyeon walk down that aisle, a perfect vision in white, they were twenty-three years old. Jinki had gotten them an apartment to share while they attended school, not too far from the campus and their parents' homes. They had stayed engaged for five years, pushing through late nights of studying and exams while enjoying their alone time to cuddle and love each other.

Taeyeon breathed heavily when she saw her lover standing at the other end of the aisle, his black tuxedo making her brown eyes pop and his face bright. Taeyeon loved everything about this man, down to his clumsiness and his pure perfect smile.

When their hands met at the end of the aisle, Jinki nearly pulled her close to kiss her. It was painful to stand there and ache to kiss her, but he waited patiently.

Their mothers were crying in the front row, their perfect wedding they had planned since the two were ten going off fantastic. Jinki felt complete when Taeyeon slipped his ring on his finger and he gave her the other half of her ring set.

A simple vow and Jinki was pulling her close, kissing her perfect lips with every ounce of love he had. Through the raucous applause and cheering, Jinki pulled back first, brushing back her long hair and tears.

 “I love you, Taeyeon.”

“You know I love you, too, Jinki. I always will.”

Jinki’s heart had been right that day. He had been right to go over and protect this girl from getting bullied that gloomy day when they were 8. He was right to pull her into his arms and whisper his love into her ear because just as it had been back then and always would be, it was them against the world.

 

AN: FLUFF.