1/1

Monsters
Maybe it was that night that it had started, the night that they had decided to prank him. Namjoon had always insisted on staying a little bit longer in the studio to finish up the last verse, or to touch up the last lines of the chorus. Given that those small details would only end in them having to do more than half of the song all over again. But usually the guys didn't mind, even though they whined, they most willingly stayed behind tending to and encouraging the leader's perfectionist behaviour. But maybe Namjoon had pushed it a little too far that night, after the younger ones groaned and headed to sleep it was only four that was left behind and he was too distracted to realize the oldest three were conspiring against him while he tweaked up the little things. 
 
It was scary, at least Namjoon thought it was, though the average person would have disagreed. But apparently Bangtan's leader was scared by the continuous knocking that he decided recording was over for the night and that they would start over again the next day.  
 
The thing about Namjoon was that he was a man, and that meant that he would not let the thoughts of ghosts scare him to point that it wouldn't let him sleep the night. No, that didn't happen. Besides, they had schedules the following day, and falling asleep during it was not an option. That was why he crept into Hoseok's bed in the middle of the night. He hated him so much at that moment for putting those thoughts into his head. But he needed some time of shut eye and Jimin moved around too much in his sleep and had this weird habit of pressing his lips to the closest thing so his same aged friend was his next victim. 
 
"Why are you here monster?" He had heard Hoseok mumble that night, and found it most annoying because it was clear the latter knew exactly why he was there. Why else would he call him "Monster" all of a sudden? But despite a groan that left the 19 year old's lips, he still wrapped his arms around the scaredy-cat (which may or may not have solved the whole 'I hate him to death' issue). 
 
For the next few weeks Namjoon couldn't help but take notice of how soft Hoseok's touches were. Even when he yanked the leader's arm so that he wouldn't accidentally tip over the vase that was placed on the table, it never hurt when Hoseok did it, unlike when Yoongi did the same and would leave marks on his arm for the next few minutes. Random hugs became more popular among the two since the night, most of them initiated by Namjoon as he pulled the other into his embrace while Hoseok continued on with whatever he was doing( though he would still acknowledge the younger attached to him with a smile and few pats on the back). 
 
It wasn't until one day that the two were alone that Namjoon realized it. He may have taken a little more interest on his same aged friend than he did the rest. But he couldn't help it, it wasn't his fault that Hoseok shined more than the others. And it definitely was not his fault that he was the cutest of bangtan; the maknae line had nothing on him; not even Yoongi came close. 
 
"What?" Hoseok laughed. , was I staring? Play it cool. Namjoon. Play it cool. You're a man. Yep. A man. He saw the other turn around towards him. "This is ridiculous, did you hear about this scandal?" 
 
"Sca- what?" Hoseok continued on to describing what he had read in the article while Namjoon thanked all and every God that his band mate did not notice that he might have, possibly, maybe, drooled just a little. "Oh... wow. That's crazy why would they even make it that obvious?"
 
"Namjoon?" 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
"Were you listening to anything I was saying?" They stared at each other for a while neither speaking before Namjoon finally opened his mouth, giving up as he realized that the ground was not going to open up and swallow him whole. 
 
"No." He shook his head, "Sorry..." 
 
"What's on your mind?" 
 
"You... ahahahaha" The laughter was clearly faked and sounded nothing like laughter but it seemed to have amused Hoseok as he smiled. 
 
"Yah! You should be thinking about me." He leaned in just enough so that he could smack the younger's head and threw him a wink while he was at it. So what the heck is that supposed to mean? He didn't have much of an explanation for that and Namjoon didn't want to ask. He faced out for a moment as the other was about to walk out of the room and he imagined the cheesiest scenario in which Namjoon would run up behind Hoseok and he would wrap his arms around his friend's waist. He would yank the lad back so that his chest was pressed against the shorter's back while he confessed his undying love for the one he no longer wanted as just a friend. "Oh yeah, and Namjoon." 
 
His thoughts were cut short when he heard the voice and quickly twisted his neck to face Hoseok. "Yeah?" 
 
"Don't day dream too much. You're a kid, don't think of consequences, if you want something go get it. It's too adult-like to hold back." There was a grin that was spread across the lad's lips. "All you're going to do is drool if you never take the chance to get what you're craving for." 
 
"Oh..." Hoseok walked away giving the other a chance to let his words sink in. "WAIT WAIT WAIT HOSEOK! HOLD UP THERE'S SOMETHING I WANT TO TELL YOU!"