Final

B Typed Boyfriend

Written in Sandeul’s pov.

“Channie Baby, say ‘aaa~’.”

“Aaahhmm~ Whoa, it tastes so good, Hyungie!”

Jinyoung and Gongchan smiled sweetly to each other. I snorted in annoyance. If only I knew that I was just going to be ignored like this, I wouldn’t have said yes when Jinyoung suggested me to go with him and Gongchan to this ice cream shop.

“Now Hyungie try mine, ok? Aaaa~” Gongchan feed Jinyoung as well.

Jinyoung accepted the ice cream gladly. “Hmm, so sweet, Channie. But of course not as sweet as your smile.”

Jinyoung smiled.

Gongchan blushed.

I want to die.

“Yah! Do you even remember that I am here?” I asked madly.

Gongchan looked guilty, but Jinyoung chuckled. “You are just envy, aren’t you?” he said.

I didn’t answer and looked out the window.

“Sandeul-hyung, why didn’t you come with Baroro-hyung?” Gongchan asked, eating his ice cream.

“Hey, only I’m allowed to call him that,” I protested. ‘Baroro’ is a nickname I gave for my boyfriend, Baro.

“So, why didn’t you tag him along? I thought he’d be here with you,” Jinyoung said.

“I indeed didn’t ask him to,” I said. “He doesn’t know I’m here.”

“Why? Did something happen?” Gongchan asked.

I sighed, then nodded a yes.

“You know that you can always tell us what’s wrong, Hyung,” Gongchan smiled sweetly.

I scratched my un-itchy head. “I don’t know where to start. Moreover, it’s just a silly problem.”

Jinyoung shook his head. “No. Even the slightest problem should be discussed. Tell him what’s wrong.”

I pressed my face against the table lazily. “Precisely because I told him what’s wrong, we quarreled.”

“Actually, what’s happening?”

That was Gongchan asking. Without lifting my head from the table, I whined, “My Baroro is so, so, so, sooo annoyiiing~”

“So you want to tell us or not?” Jinyoung asked, crossing his arms.

“Okay, okay,” I sat properly again. Playing with the topping of my ice cream, I asked, “You guys know how is Baro, right?”

“What do you mean?” Jinyoung asked.

“He is unkeen, self-centered, ignorant, only willing to follow his own rules and never pay much attention to me. Well, it’s only three months we’ve been together. But three months is long enough to remember when my birthday is, right? He asked me about my birth date three times already. But he forgot again. If he asks again, I’m not going to answer. He’ll just forget it again,” I told them.

“Uhh, a B typed boy,” Gonchan snickered, looking annoyed as well.

“I know he’s a careless person and can be forgetful sometimes. But he shouldn’t be like that to me. I mean, I am his boyfriend. I should be different from the others. Honestly, I always envy  other couples that can be all lovey-dovey and so sweet. While me? How can I be like that with Baro?” somehow, suddenly I felt stupid.

“And you told Baro about this?” Jinyoung guessed, eating a spoonful of ice cream.

I nodded. “And he got mad! Whereas he’s the one at fault! He should be sorry. But no. he even said, ‘Whatever. If you don’t like me, then don’t be my boyfriend’.”

“Ouch,” Gongchan winched in a cute way. “That hurts.”

Jinyoung nodded in agreement.

“But he really said that! It hurts a lot, you know. Getting totally irritated, I left and never contact him anymore. It’s been more than a week since the last time we contacted each other,” I continued.

“No contact at all?” Gongchan asked, surprised.

“Well… He calls. But I don’t pick up.”

“What?  Why???” the couple asked in unison.

“I… I don’t know!” I said frustatedly. “Aaahhh, what should I do?”

“Baro-hyung keeps calling you because he wants to say sorry to you. But you avoid him,” Gongchan stated.

“True,” Jinyoung approved. “You have to see him. Say sorry to him.”

I considered it. But then my ego said, “But I did nothing wrong! He should be the one who say sorry.”

Gongchan shook his head. “No, Hyung. Jinyoungie is right. You avoid him—isn’t that wrong too?”

Oh, yeah. They’re right.

Jinyoung asked, “Sandeul-ah, you still love him, don’t you?”

“Of course!” I answered automatically.

“Then you two should make up.”

I sighed. And nodded.

--

Now, I feel really crazy—standing in front of Baro’s house, while my heart and my mind argued, should I knock the door or just go back home. I wasn’t sure if my heart or my mind won the silent argument, but I knocked the door.

My heart beats uncomfortably fast. A bit of myself hoped that Baro wasn’t at home, so I can leave. But then the door opened—revealing an obviously shocked Baro.

Oh God. Seeing him made me realize how much I miss him. How stupid, suddenly I felt like crying.

Just when I opened my mouth to talk, Baro pulled me to his embrace, hugging my tightly as if scared that I’d be gone. I was surprised by his action.

“B-baro…”

“Deullie-yah…” he called. Ah, his voice. How I miss this deep voice of his. “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

“Baro… I…” as if something had gotten into my throat, I lost my voice. Then I felt my eyes got warm. No… I don’t want to cry. I tried my best to hold back my tears.

Baro let go of the hug to look at me. His eyes looked so gloomy. My heart ached seeing them. I avoided his eyes.

“I’m really sorry for being a jerk. You must be hurt. I understand why you avoided me,” he said.

No matter how hard I hold it back, my tears fell. Baro was really sorry—he’s not good at expressing his feelings, but I can feel the sincerity in his voice.

I wiped my tears. I opened my mouth to say something. But I really don’t know what to say, so I hugged him and cry in his embrace.

“No,” I said when finally I found my voice. “No, don’t apologize. I’m wrong. I shouldn’t be so redundant.”

Baro kissed the top of my head. “Don’t cry.”

But I couldn’t stop crying. Baro my hair and whispered, “Sshh… It’s alright.”

I lift my face, staring at his and asked, “You forgive me, right?”

Baro wiped away my tears, “Only if you forgive me.”

“Of course I forgive you,” I said.

“Okay then. We’ve made it up,” he said, smiling. Seeing his smile, the corner of my lips lifted as well.

“Hey, cry or smile? Do one at a time. You can’t do both at once,” Baro said in a teasing way. Yeah, my playful boyfriend had back.

“I can do whatever I want,” I said, not wanting to lose.

Baro snickered playfully. “Weirdo.”

“You’re weirder than me!” replied.

“But you love this weirdo, right?” Baro smirked teasingly.

Uh! This question again! “Aaahhh~ You’re so annoying!” I said sullenly.

Baro laughed, “Thank you. I love you too, Deullie.”

--

“Hyungie~ Feed me~” Gongchan said in his whiny voice.

“C’mere Channie, open your mouth~” Jinyoung feed his lover a spoonful of ice cream.

I looked at them in jealousy. Then I glanced at my right. Baro was there, busy eating his own ice cream. What a ‘nice’ boyfriend.

“Yah~” I poked his shoulder.

“Hm?” Baro looked up at me. His spoon still in his mouth.

I put on a pouty face, then pointed at Jinyoung and Gongchan—who were still feeding each other.

Baro took a quick glance at the couple, then continued eating his ice cream. Nonchalantly, he said, “Eat it yourself. You are older than me. Don’t act like baby.”

My eyes widened. How could he say that! I crossed my arms, sulking. Well, I wasn’t really mad—I just want to get his attention. And I think I succeed!

“Yah, Deul-ah, are you mad?” he asked, poking my arm.

I didn’t say anything.

 “You want to be fed too? Hm?” Baro took a spoonful of his ice cream. “Here, open your mouth. Aaa~”

Actually I really wanted to laugh. But I held it back. Aaahh, he is so cute! He looked confused facing a sulking Sandeul, hehe. But let him be. I wanted to know what he will do if I am mad.

Then, without warning or any sign, Baro landed his lips on mine! Just a simple, tender, and chaste quick kiss. But in public! And in front of Jinyoung and Gongchan!!! I felt blood rushed to my face.

“Aii, Baro-hyung!” Gongchan squealed, while Jinyoung was really surprised that he could hardly swallow his ice cream.

“It’s your fault, outing like that,” Baro said as if nothing happened. His eyes beamed naughtily. “Your lips look so cute while pouting, I can’t help.”

I threw him a death-glare. But then. Chu~ He kissed me again! Aigoo~ This is embarrassing.

“Baro… Stop…” I said. I’m sure that my face was really red then.

“Stop pouting, or I will kiss you again,” he said casually, smirking his bad boy smirk. “Still wanna be fed?”

I glared at him. He’s insane!