Final

Diary of unrequited love

‘Diary of an unrequited love’

Nana's Diary

It happened again today. Kris Wu, a classmate, who always said thoughtless words even though he doesn’t really mean it. Even though I know he doesn’t really mean it, but why? Why does it hurt badly right now?

 

“I hate you. It’s none of your business. Stay out of my life”

Those 3 clear hatred sentences kept on repeating in your head like a replayed voice. If a mere classmate said this I wouldn’t care but this is Kris. The guy I have been in love with for 4 years. The guy who became my best friend’s Boyfriend weeks ago. ed up, right? I should’ve seen that coming, I mean he couldn’t have been more obvious. How his face brighten up every time she’s near him, how he always want to sit next to her. Of course I have no intention to break them up, I’m too tired, too hurt to do so. And that day was the day I decided to bury all those stupid feelings away.

 

But then one day my best friend (Yuri) confesses something to me. It was one of those girls (me and 4 others) night when we have sleepovers. The truth is she never loved him-she became his girlfriend out of pity. What’s more ed up is that I found out my other best friend (Krystal) used to date him. You see, I had transferred into the school 4 years ago and never knew about his past. Yuri told me that the reason why Krystal broke up with Kris was because of jealousy. Some random girl who had a crush on Kris told him that Krystal cheats on him and he actually believed it and even called her a . After that they stopped talking. Yuri told me to help her get rid of him. She said she’s so bored of him. Even she tried to anger him-he’d just walk away and come back like nothing has happened after he cooled down- guess he loves her that much.

 

He’s a violent type, usually if other girls provoke him, he would have hit her-like literally. People always told me to leave him alone and stop talking to him because I was almost hit by him once if my friends didn’t stop him. But why did I still talk to him? Because I know behind those tough masks are insecurities.

 

Kris had been absent for 2 days. Yuri had finally told him the truth that’s why he had been absent. I tried talking to him/calling him/texting him, but there were no replies. Until…

 

‘Are you okay?’

‘Why wouldn’t I be?’

‘I heard what happened. I know you’re hurt, just let it out’

‘I hate you. It’s none of your business. Get the out of my life’ it’s okay Nana, he doesn’t mean it, something bad must’ve happened.

‘Where are you?’

‘I said none of your businesses’

‘You’re at home, right-‘He hangs off

 

Somehow, an idea pops into my mind. If I can get Yuri to tell him it’s just a prank he would be fine again.

But as I was convincing Yuri…

Come on, Yuri, make things right’

‘I don’t love him. You don’t understand’

‘You’ll learn to love him eventually’

‘I can’t. I tried. I even forced myself to do so.’

‘But-‘ I was cut off by a familiar voice

‘Am I really that pathetic?’

‘Kris I-‘

‘I told you haven’t I? Get the out of my business. And you (yuri) get the out of here’

Yuri turn to leave as soon as she’s told

‘I just want to help you’

‘Fine. If you wanna help’

 

We ended up drinking beer at his house. Kris keeps on drinking and ranting about how much he missed Yuri. I just sit there listening to him-let it kill me slowly.

‘I love her, it hurts so bad’ He said as he sobs

‘it’s okay, everything will be fine’

‘No, you don’t understand. She’s my everything, I love her so much’

That night I ended put him to bed and clean the whole mess. And it was also the night I decided to let it all go and leave him like I should’ve.

 

No, You don’t understand. The pain that cuts through me bit by bit every time you said that.

You don’t understand- you don’t understand this Stupid unrequited love of mine… Was my last note to him.

 

But what if Kris have something else in mind?