Final

Guardian Angel

Maybe it's not about the happy ending...

Maybe, it's about the story.

Sehun is leading a life as stable as any life could be. It is all but a routine and Sehun couldn't be more grateful for the stability. He hates surprises or anything unusual and out of the ordinary. He loves the norm most of all. Loves how conventional the things in his life is. 

It all changes when he meets an angelic looking guy who introduced himself as Lu Han. Luhan had promised Sehun that he would protect him and be with him until it is time. Time for what Sehun had asked but Luhan didn't answer.  

Luhan always followed him wherever he went and the guy would wear the same thing every time. A black tux. 

At first Sehun ignored Luhan and continued on with his life. It was easy to do. He would barely feel Luhan's presence anyway and the guy kept at a respectable distance so Sehun had no problem whatsoever with it. 

One thing that bothered Sehun though was that it seems like no one could see or even hear Luhan. And he was beginning to wonder whether the guy was really human. 

When Sehun had approached him, Luhan had scoffed and waved him off. He disappeared for days until Sehun's doubts were replaced with worry. Because while he had tolerated the guy at first, he got used to Luhan's comforting presence and it felt weird and not normal when the guy was gone. And Sehun hated the weird. 

 


 

Luhan returned looking like he hadn't slept for days. Sehun tried and failed to not fuss over the guy. He was really worried and Luhan just leaving like that didn't sit well with him.

"Where did you go??" Sehun would demand in which Luhan's answer would always be "No where." 

Sehun would then explode and ask Luhan why the older one kept lying to him. Luhan would look into Sehun's eyes dead serious and proclaim that he can't lie. 

 


 

Sehun noticed that he would always approach Luhan but the other one never approached him. Luhan would still walk at a respectable distance. Although that distance was noticeably lessening every single day. 

Sehun had been feeling headaches in the morning that would gradually ease during the day. He doesn't understand why but it really doesn't bother him much. He thinks it's because of stress or something. When Sehun tells Luhan of his condition, the older would just look at him with a sad look on his face. As if Sehun was a hopeless case.

"Maybe you should got to the doctor," Luhan would suggest and Sehun would always wave him  off. 

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He'd reassure the older male. 

Except for the fact that Sehun wasn't. Sometimes when the ulzzang would be walking, he'd suddenly trip for no reason. He's eyesight would go blurry and he'd feel nauseous. He passed it all for tiredness.

Luhan's distance with him considerable lessened than before.

 


 

When Sehun was with his best friend Kai, he was suddenly attacked with convulsions. Kai panicked and screamed for help. Luhan who was watching the entire time, stared at the seen in anguish, but he stayed in his spot. 

Sehun awoke to see his best friend looking like he hasn't sleep for days beside him. Kai looked torn and full of pain as he cradled Sehun's hands gently. As if Sehun was a glass about to break.

"Sehun..." Kai began softly. "They say it's brain cancer..." 

Sehun's felt as if his heart was on fire... as if his heart was suddenly dipped into acid and burned. 

"But it's still curable..." Sehun said hopelessly, looking at Kai and clutching the male's hands in desperation "It's still curable right...?" 

Kai closed his eyes in pain and shook his head. Sehun dropped his arms and stared straight ahead. Luhan was at the other side of the room. Standing parallel to him, eyes dead. 

"Yah, I'm so sor-"

"- leave me alone please," Sehun requested, head bowed and his voice constricted. 

"Sehu-"

"Leave." 

Kai hesitantly got up and cast one last worried look at Sehun before leaving. He completely ignored Luhan's presence.

"Come here," Sehun invited, patting the space next to him. Luhan shook his head and his eyes were then filled with heartache and grief. 

"Hey," Sehun called gently "You don't have to look like that, I'm not dead yet." he said trying to make a joke out of it. Except for the fact that his voice cracked. Sehun could only imagine what Luhan was feeling. The guy had promised him that he would protect the ulzzang but he couldn't even do anything this time...

"I'm so sorry..." Luhan apologized, bowing his head. 

"Sorry for what? This isn't your fault." Sehun reassures him. Luhan shook his head. 

"Im sorry..." 

And Luhan kept repeating the phrase after Sehun tries to reassure him. 

Sehun had another thing to add to his list of routines. 

 


 

Weeks later, it was becoming more obvious that Sehun was sick with cancer. When talking to nurses or his friends, he'd sometimes stop and hold his head. When walking he'd suddenly lose strength and fall to the ground. 

Luhan never helped him.

Luhan was always there but he never approached Sehun. It was always the ulzzang who would approach first. Sehun had gotten used to it. Luhan's presence itself was comforting enough. He did take note of the fact that Luhan was nearer than before. A few steps away and they would be side by side. 

Luhan has been looking more alive as the days passed, a complete contrast to Sehun's dying form. The only thing about Luhan that was dead and lifeless were his eyes. It was full of pain and torment.

Sehun was lying on his bed, his headache worse than ever when Luhan spoke. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." 

"Sorry for what?" Sehun would still ask, even if he knows that Luhan will never answer. 

"I'm sorry..." 

It was all but a routine.

 

When next week came by Sehun had awoken up in a state worse than all his other ones. He saw Luhan by his side. The older one was sobbing in his hands, repeating the same words over and over again.

"i'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." 

Instead of asking what he was sorry for, Sehun uttered words that stopped Luhan's sobbing.

"I think I'm about to die Lulu," he confessed "And I think it's time for you to take me." 

Luhan cried more hearing Sehun's words. He didn't even ask how the younger knew. Sehun was smart. He must have figured it out ages ago.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," Luhan moaned "I shouldn't have gotten attached. Death can't feel pity for the lives he's taken. That's not how it works!" he whimpered. 

Sehun smiled softly at Luhan causing the older to be even more emotional.

"I need to administer the kiss of Death on your forehead... It's needed to set you free." Luhan murmured when his sobs had finally died down.

Sehun nodded his consent. Luhan only needed to kiss the forehead but this time... this time he'll make one very special exception. 

Luhan neared his face to Sehun's, whispering a one last I'm sorry before his lips softly met Sehun's own ones. 

Not a moment later Oh Sehun was dead. 

The doctors rushed in, trying to revive a life that was already destined to be lost from the very beginning. Luhan left the room and never looked back, tears still running down his face.

Luhan called himself Death but Sehun preferred the term... Guardian Angel. 

Authors Note: Well... that was a bit.. yeah.. I hope you liked it? 

 Votes and Comments are appreciated! =)

Thank you for reading! :) Saranghaeyo ~ ^^